Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RETAINED LIST | Club trigger one-year extension on Forster-Caskey, Innis, Davison, Harness

Comments

• Inniss staying another year, fuck me what ambition eh? Lump on us getting another midtable finish if he's meant to be a serious part of our squad, he's permanently crocked and a fucking liability when he plays anyway
  • Interesting timing the day after early bird deadline.

was Washington the one who spread the new manager ‘rumour’?
  • This doesnt mean we will keep the players like inniss and davison who have had contracts triggered simply means we will get a fee if anyone wants them

new manager may come in and still get rid of a good few more i reckon 
    We wont get a fee if Inniss moves on elsewhere as he's over 23-years of age.
    No reason you can't flog them (other than who would want them).
  • razil said:
    Interesting timing the day after early bird deadline.

was Washington the one who spread the new manager ‘rumour’?
    Allegedly 
  • Personally pleased we have resigned Innis, hopefully he can have a better season re injuries and if he manages that he is a very good player for this division
  • edited May 2022
    Surprised with Washington not being given a new deal, thought he was very much a thorn in a lot of sides defences with his pace and positioning, and not a bad goal input, Stockley, without the ability to run at any decent pace relied on him to help create his tally, so he must be gutted.
    All i will say is they had better (hopefully) have some very decent replacements lined up based on  the list of released players.. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Not many players left, I hope TS does not leave it until after pre-season to get players in
  • Innis is not a stalwart defensive unit. Everyone has already said about his pace and fitness issues, but I question whether he is a building block, in a future team,  as TS assures us that is what we are trying to do. Good enough, probably, when he's on the field, but like Chuks, he's all too often out of the side.

Wouldn't keep Purrington either. This side needs an overhaul with better quality in depth. Hope the new manager comes in soon to have their say on the squad build. 
  • Would love to know who made the decisions on who has stayed/gone
  • edited May 2022
    Personally pleased we have resigned Innis, hopefully he can have a better season re injuries and if he manages that he is a very good player for this division
    He won’t have a better season re injuries though will he? As decent as he is, history has shown that we won’t get more than 15 games out of him.

We need continuity and consistent partnerships all over the pitch. As Nigel Adkins and Lee Bowyer (towards the end of his tenure) showed, constant chopping and changing is not conducive to success. Having someone like Innis doing well in a couple of games and then being crocked for the rest of the season is utterly pointless. 
  • Croydon said:
    Wouldn't have kept Innis or Davison myself
    I wouldn't have either.
  • Innis is not a stalwart defensive unit. Everyone has already said about his pace and fitness issues, but I question whether he is a building block, in a future team,  as TS assures us that is what we are trying to do. Good enough, probably, when he's on the field, but like Chuks, he's all too often out of the side.

Wouldn't keep Purrington either. This side needs an overhaul with better quality in depth. Hope the new manager comes in soon to have their say on the squad build
    Maybe the new manager is already making the decisions but we're waiting for his contract to expire before we announce him.
    You never know.  :)
  • I’m gobsmacked we’ve let Washington go. We want to play a pressing style and he’s probably the best we’ve got it at. 

We will probably be going back to 433 with Stockley on his own. Makes sense after how well it went this season…
  • Happy with this. Good the have a clean slate. Surprised by Inniss but don't mind him as a backup.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m gobsmacked we’ve let Washington go. We want to play a pressing style and he’s probably the best we’ve got it at. 

We will probably be going back to 433 with Stockley on his own. Makes sense after how well it went this season…
    But there are other strikers who play a similar way and maybe can offer more to the team...
  • Inniss could be on 10p a week, will proabbly still be a waste of a squad place, cos, the cap, right? 

But there are other strikers who play a similar way and maybe can offer more to the team...
    I think Washington is a superb team player. If we play two up top this season I’d be willing to bet a lot of money that we don’t bring in two players better than him that’s for sure. 
  • So I assume that Ben Purrington has another year on his contract and will be here next year?

Or is this still to be determined?

I think Washington is a superb team player. If we play two up top this season I’d be willing to bet a lot of money that we don’t bring in two players better than him that’s for sure. 
    Oh he is so I agree with that but personally feel there is better out there that can add more.

Time will tell I suppose! 
  • So I assume that Ben Purrington has another year on his contract and will be here next year?

He's out of contract but still negotiating 
  • Jonniesta said:
    So I assume that Ben Purrington has another year on his contract and will be here next year?

He's out of contract but still negotiating 
    Thanks.

But who on earth is he negotiating with?
  • Inniss could be on 10p a week, will proabbly still be a waste of a squad place, cos, the cap, right? 
    You don't have to register him..........
  • A shame for Washington as he works hard and has done ‘okay’.  However, if the choice is to get better than ‘okay’ it makes discussing a new contract with Purrington as a bit odd.  I know it’s a bit like comparing apples and oranges given their positions and then things like who we already have come into the decision making process, but for me, it’s hard to see much difference in what both add to the team through their respective positions.

Re; the others, Inniss has to be a back up.  He’s just about limped over 20 games over two seasons, so you would think he’s simply there to as cover.

I’ve never got the hype around JFC but I know I’m firmly in the minority so was pretty much expecting him to stay.  

I don’t get the Davison move either, other than to possibly get a fee.

Matthews I agree with but I think I’ll be crying if we resign him come July 😂.

There’s a couple of players under contract I would like to see us ship on in Gilbey and DJ, but can’t see that happening.

Pleased none of the loans have been made an offer 
  • So we need to sign at least two forwards and possibly even three as Aneke can't start and Davison is unlikely to either unless Stockley is injured. Or have I got that wrong?