Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football League Play-Offs

Comments

• Options
    Cov 1-0 up
  • Options
    Coventry through to Wembley, well done to them. Luton favourites to win however.
  • Options
    1 shot on target in 180 minutes for Coventry 

Guess thats all you need sometimes 🤣🤣
  • Options
    I tipped Coventry last week and fancy them still. 
  • Options
    Congratulations Coventry and Luton, but this must be the worst Championship play off final ever. 
  • Options
    When i was a kid i'm sure Luton used to play in white shirts. How can a team just suddenly decide to change their home colours?
    I don't remember that. 
    I first saw them at The Valley in about '73 & they wore orange then. 
    Luton's home kit around 82/3 was White.  Walsh and Elliott wore those colours definitely.
    My first memory as a kid of them was when they beat Arsenal in the league cup final in the late 80s with Brian and Mark Stein up front and they were wearing white then.
    You must be a similar age to me, we videoed it and must have watched it about 100 times over the summer.  That and Goal! were the only football videos we had!

https://youtu.be/OBzrhjaZnTE
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    They’ve got the 20th and 22nd wage bills in the championship. Gives everyone a bit of hope.

Ismailia Sarr earns about half the total Coventry wage bill
    And Coventry don't own their ground...
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    They’ve got the 20th and 22nd wage bills in the championship. Gives everyone a bit of hope.

Was chatting to a Coventry fan today, by weird coincidence, was at the same work meeting.  He said it's just been years of loans, freebies, playing youth players and hoping for the best.

Between that and not owning your own stadium, felt very familiar!
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

And Coventry don't own their ground...
    That cant be right !!! Nobody who doesnt own their ground does any good ever ! What with this news and City kicking Madrids arse and not even owning their ground either. This is just madness
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Was chatting to a Coventry fan today, by weird coincidence, was at the same work meeting.  He said it's just been years of loans, freebies, playing youth players and hoping for the best.

Nah they are good! 

Joking a side, they win their next game and all that disappears and it will all suddenly have been worth it. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

They have occasionally spent money though, but spent it well. £1m for Gyokeres, £1.3m for Hamer
  • Options
    Would rather Cov go up than Luton 
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Congratulations Coventry and Luton, but this must be the worst Championship play off final ever. 
    I think the opposite, it’s a great thing. 2 clubs who have suffered all sorts of problems over the last few years with a chance of making it back to the PL.

Would rather watch them than a club who yo yo between the PL and the Championship or a bigger side who’ve spent big (or Millwall of course)
    Seeing Coventry against Luton is a sign of hope for the rest of football really. It also highlights what a missed opportunity it's been for Millwall, a season when the monied teams have largely flopped.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Agreed but shows how rancid our club is. Why are Coventry or Luton going up and we are nowhere. We are an absolute embarrassment. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Agreed but shows how rancid our club is. Why are Coventry or Luton going up and we are nowhere. We are an absolute embarrassment. 
    In fairness to Coventry from 1967 to 1992 they were always in the top flight. They were a PL side when it was formed and stayed there until 2001.

A Coventry fan born in the early 60s would've been nearly 40 and would only have ever seen them in the top flight.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Luton are a well run club and have done amazing the last decade. Mad how different our fortunes have been since the lockdown days when Lyle no showed. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

In fairness to Coventry from 1967 to 1992 they were always in the top flight. They were a PL side when it was formed and stayed there until 2001.

A Coventry fan born in the early 60s would've been nearly 40 and would only have ever seen them in the top flight.
    I think it's a generational thing. If you're a bit older you remember Coventry as a top flight stalwart (Jimmy Hill, Keith Houchen's diving header etc) and Luton as a successful top flight side under David Pleat, whereas younger football watchers will think of Coventry as a troubled lower division club with all sorts of off the field problems, and Luton as a former non league club.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I think it's a generational thing. If you're a bit older you remember Coventry as a top flight stalwart (Jimmy Hill, Keith Houchen's diving header etc) and Luton as a successful top flight side under David Pleat, whereas younger football watchers will think of Coventry as a troubled lower division club with all sorts of off the field problems, and Luton as a former non league club.
    A proper 80s revival! 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

When I was a kid I was watching Coventry win the FA Cup and Luton winning league and simmod cups and us not.

More than showing us as an embarrassment it shows how quickly it can change.
    Luton lost the Simod cup final to (then second tier) Reading. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    When i was a kid i'm sure Luton used to play in white shirts. How can a team just suddenly decide to change their home colours?
    I don't remember that. 
    I first saw them at The Valley in about '73 & they wore orange then. 
    Luton's home kit around 82/3 was White.  Walsh and Elliott wore those colours definitely.
    My first memory as a kid of them was when they beat Arsenal in the league cup final in the late 80s with Brian and Mark Stein up front and they were wearing white then.
    You must be a similar age to me, we videoed it and must have watched it about 100 times over the summer.  That and Goal! were the only football videos we had!

https://youtu.be/OBzrhjaZnTE
    I was there... 
  • Options
    Gotta love how we appear twice in this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTqFpCESUqQ
  • Options
    👀👀👀
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Ooo... Penalty to Sheff Wed - Fair play to them, they've come out of the blocks firing

I dont like them, but hopefully this'll be one of the most memorable Play-Off nights
  • Options
    Another one before HT and be very tasty