Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football League Play-Offs

Comments

• Options
    Really enjoyed that. Sunderland have some brilliant technical players, but Luton’s directness and grit pulled through. 
  • Options
    What a superb performance from the Luton boys ! 

Hardly gave the Mackems a look in.  SO tenacious all over the pitch.

Great to see Alfie & Tom going to Wembley. 
  • Options
    When i was a kid i'm sure Luton used to play in white shirts. How can a team just suddenly decide to change their home colours?
    I don't remember that. 
    I first saw them at The Valley in about '73 & they wore orange then. 
    Luton's home kit around 82/3 was White.  Walsh and Elliott wore those colours definitely.
  • Options
    When i was a kid i'm sure Luton used to play in white shirts. How can a team just suddenly decide to change their home colours?
    I don't remember that. 
    Luton's home kit around 82/3 was White.  Walsh and Elliott wore those colours definitely.
    Yep, I remember now.
  • Options
    Would be the biggest fairy tale in football since Wimbledon surely and the first in a decade or more of Luton make the PL.
  • Options
    Luton and Coventry playing it out at Wembley should give any Charlton fan hope that one day that could be us again with the right backing 
    Both clubs would use the money wisely I'm sure. Luton to build their new ground, Coventry to buy back their stadium from Mike Ashley I imagine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will be hoping Middlesbrough go up. Only skin in the game is hoping that whoever goes up can stay up meaning better chance for palace to be relegated. Personally think Boro would be placed to achieve that. 
  • Options
    I don't remember that. 
    My first memory as a kid of them was when they beat Arsenal in the league cup final in the late 80s with Brian and Mark Stein up front and they were wearing white then.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Luton deserved it however a club I’ve never really liked. 

Also a toilet of a place makes charlton look like park lane 
    Yeah never liked Luton, football club or the place. 
    Always seemed to lose there back in the day. Remember one game (very early 80's) just before Christmas, never been so cold snow and ice and if memory serves me right the floodlights failed and we lost 3-0.
  • Options
    Great to see David Pleat there. Those teams of his in the 1980s with Ricky Hill, David Moss, Brian Stein, Steve White, Tony Grealish, Mark Aizlewood, Mal Donaghy, Raddy Antic, Mick Harford, Paul Walsh, Paul Elliott, Brian Horton etc etc were real footballing sides. And of course who could forget that famous dance when Luton won at Manchester City to stay up.
    The absolute antithesis of how I feel about Luton.
    Always thought Pleat was a smug cnut and was amused by his comeuppance when he was caught kerb-crawling.
    Hated their ground and there poxy pitch.
    Despised them for picking up Walsh and Elliott for peanuts when they were obviously destined for bigger things.
    Couldn't take to any of their other players bar Aizlewood when he was ours.
    Steve White must have been the most disappointing piss ordinary makeweight in a transfer deal ever.
    Pah!
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Always seemed to lose there back in the day. Remember one game (very early 80's) just before Christmas, never been so cold snow and ice and if memory serves me right the floodlights failed and we lost 3-0.
    Yes was there. Think they went off when two nil down in the first half. As you say bloody freezing.
  • Options
    Great to see David Pleat there. Those teams of his in the 1980s with Ricky Hill, David Moss, Brian Stein, Steve White, Tony Grealish, Mark Aizlewood, Mal Donaghy, Raddy Antic, Mick Harford, Paul Walsh, Paul Elliott, Brian Horton etc etc were real footballing sides. And of course who could forget that famous dance when Luton won at Manchester City to stay up.
    The absolute antithesis of how I feel about Luton.
    Always thought Pleat was a smug cnut and was amused by his comeuppance when he was caught kerb-crawling.
    Hated their ground and there poxy pitch.
    Despised them for picking up Walsh and Elliott for peanuts when they were obviously destined for bigger things.
    Couldn't take to any of their other players bar Aizlewood when he was ours.
    Steve White must have been the most disappointing piss ordinary makeweight in a transfer deal ever.
    Pah!
    And them banning away fans
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

I remember the same in the mid-90s around new year time. Probably the coldest i've ever been at a game. Won 1-0 and David Whyte scored the winner.
  • Options
    Four years since that game vs Doncaster at the Valley. We saw the sort of drama that doesn't come around often (until the Final anyway) Oh what a night! 
  • Options
    My record at Luton is shocking:
    5 visits and 5 losses including the 7-1 and a 3-0 defeat on Xmas Eve on a freezing night.
    Can't remember which games were played on grass or artificial but we were rubbish and they were good just about every game.

Salt in the wounds seeing Doughty and  Lockyer doing well and I don't think I ever got over Elliott and Walsh going to Luton.
    ( Move on Sam FFS 🤦🏻‍♂️)

Luton and Coventry are proving you can come back from the National League and League 2 BUT you need a strategy and really good recruitment where character as well as skill counts. Top people at the helm who know how to treat staff and let football folk manage.

4 visits, 3 losses and the one draw, the 2-2 with Solly's injury time equaliser!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2023
    Beig born in Bedfordshire I have lots of love for Luton, went to lots of games with the school and did the 90s Cup run with my stepdad amd was a mascot there for my dads sunday league team. Would love to see the big clubs having a shock when they arrive in Bury Park. 
  • Options
    Those that know my history will be unsurprised to hear I am delighted. What a few seasons that club has had. So pleased for them and their fans - they are not to blame for plastic pitches, away fan bans or Paul Elliott. 

Let's hope they get the job done at Wembley. 
  • Options
    Amazing achievement by Luton.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Sollys injury time equaliser in the 2-2 from 2018 is my all time fave Charlton away goal. Away end went mental when that flew in. I was near the front with my gf.

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Sollys injury time equaliser in the 2-2 from 2018 is my all time fave Charlton away goal. Away end went mental when that flew in. I was near the front with my gf.

Police officers like 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Is that you in the white Charlton away shirt that gets told off by the Mrs? 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Is that you in the white Charlton away shirt that gets told off by the Mrs? 
    No Im slightly further to the right of that guy (Im the bald headed guy with the glasses and MESH Charlton shirt). That guys missus really isn't impressed by our antics though, classic 'dragged to the stupid football by my bf FFS' look. 
  • Options
    http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Luton_Town/Luton_Town.htm

1920-73: white
    1973-79: orange
    1979-2009: white
    2009-present: orange
    Did they change in 09 due to the sponsor? 😑

• Options

Been there a few times and think we lost 3-0 on every occassion. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Beig born in Bedfordshire I have lots of love for Luton, went to lots of games with the school and did the 90s Cup run with my stepdad amd was a mascot there for my dads sunday league team. Would love to see the big clubs having a shock when they arrive in Bury Park. 

The fans certainly will.