Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football League Play-Offs

Comments

• Options
    Gotta love the second leg of Play-Offs... Especially when its a tight scoreline from the first game
  • Options
    Luton were the team who finished 3rd, so it should hardly be surprising they're very competitive
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    What on earth was that miss

Three awful bits of play in a row - thought I was watching Charlton
  • Options
    2nd half will be cagey do Luton stick or twist. 
    Well they're not sticking at the moment, fair play to them, they really should be further ahead

That Striker just showed how well Casey did to score his second against Sheff Utd
  • Options
    Some excellent corners from Doughty.
  • Options
    When i was a kid i'm sure Luton used to play in white shirts. How can a team just suddenly decide to change their home colours?
  • Options
    When i was a kid i'm sure Luton used to play in white shirts. How can a team just suddenly decide to change their home colours?
    I don't remember that. 
    I first saw them at The Valley in about '73 & they wore orange then. 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I don't remember that. 
    From Wikipedia:

The club is associated with two very different colour schemes—white and black (first permanently adopted in 1920), and orange, navy and white (first used in 1973, and worn by the team as of the 2015–16 season). Luton mainly wore a combination of light blue and white before 1920, when white shirts and black shorts were first adopted. These colours were retained for over half a century, with the colour of the socks varying between white and black, until Luton changed to orange, navy and white at the start of the 1973–74 season. Luton began playing in white shirts, shorts and socks in 1979, with the orange and navy motif reduced to trim; navy shorts were adopted in 1984. This palette was retained until the 1999–2000 season, when the team played in orange shirts and blue shorts. From 2000 to 2008, Luton returned to white shirts and black shorts; orange was included as trim until 2007. The white, navy and orange palette favoured in the 1980s was brought back in 2008, following the results of a club poll,[71] but a year later the colours were changed yet again, this time to a predominantly orange strip with white shorts.[72] Navy shorts were readopted in 2011. Luton wore orange shirts, navy shorts and white socks during the 2015–16 season.[18]

So you're both right I think!
  • Options
    The cameras keep panning on the big Sunderland fan. Just hope he is supposed to be there. 
  • Options
    I don't remember that. 
    Always orange
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The shade of orange has gone quite red in recent years
  • Options
    These lads up front for Luton are a proper handful.
  • Options
    These lads up front for Luton are a proper handful.
    Agree....showing us just how much we get it wrong. Crikes memories of Stockley leading the line in a tippy tappy team!
  • Options
    I remember them playing in white in the 80’s

• Options
    Also Simon Hooper has been great
  • Options
    http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Luton_Town/Luton_Town.htm

1920-73: white
    1973-79: orange
    1979-2009: white
    2009-present: orange
  • Options
    Oh imagine if Sunderland score now!!
  • Options
    Jesus, that should be 3 0. 
  • Options
    Charlton players conspiring to ruin Sunderland’s play off dreams again even after they have left the club
  • Options
    Lockyer has looked excellent. Front foot defending. Guess he never got to play in a team with that philosophy while with us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Patrick Roberts is absolute shite 
  • Options
    Luton one game away from the Premier League
  • Options
    Well done Luton, they deserved it on the night.
  • Options
    David Pleat is thinking “time for a brass”
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Luton deserved it however a club I’ve never really liked. 

Also a toilet of a place makes charlton look like park lane 
  • Options
    Yeah, pleased they won but it’s a horrible place 
  • Options
    If I could have picked any of the 4 in the champ playoffs would be Coventry. 
  • Options
    Did they just say 10m to get the ground PL ready? How would they get that sort of work done in time?
  • Options

Also a toilet of a place makes charlton look like park lane 
    Yeah never liked Luton, football club or the place.