Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jackson: Where does he go from here? (P6. AFC Wimbledon)

Comments

• Options
    thenewbie said:
    Tweets are definitely from Jacko, he and a few Charlton players used to ‘banter’ each other similar to above tweets. 

The ones shown in the tweet are between Chris solly, Sollys Wife and someone else
    Fairly sure that they are real but lacking a bit of context. Presumably an inside joke of some kind but taken purely at face value certainly don't give a good impression.
    A very good post.
  • Options
    A lot of the fans calling for him to be sacked today after the game today according to my best mate.  Seems a bit irretrievable now 
  • Options
    Yep, feels like that will be that 
  • Options
    5-1 at home is definitely a ‘sacking’ result 
  • Options
    With so few games to go, surely you'd let him finish off the season. 
  • Options
    Yeah. I think he’ll get that. 
  • Options
    It rarely happens though, that a manager about to be sacked is allowed to continue. Walsall sacked their manager this week for example, despite them having nothing to play for

If you can get someone in before the end of the season, at least they can have a look at the current squad
  • Options
    Such an irrelevant team, shame they cannot get relegated
  • Options
    Love JJ, fuck em - hope they go down next year. Pointless club, JJ bigger than they will ever be
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jackson is not a manager.
  • Options
     just saw his post match interview - it’s like a carbon copy of some of the ones he gave here last season at times,  “it’s just not good enough etc” 
  • Options
    Jackson will always be an assistant / coach never a manager 
  • Options
    Watch the videos on twitter of their fans wanting him out. Feel gutted for him.
  • Options
    Honestly people on here bashing him. Yes he’s struggling but where’s the support? He doesn’t deserve some of these comments. 
    Support? He's doing an (objectively pretty poor) job at another club and comments are reflecting that. He'll always be a Charlton hero but as a manager he's not covered himself in glory at either of his two roles to date.

He might get lucky a third time but it will be luck only that gets him there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Jackson will ultimately be more suited as a coach with development squads.
  • Options
    Honestly should've gone down the punditry route which it looked like he was angling towards at the tail end of his career. Easy income and he speaks well so would be suited for the role without the management stress. 
  • Options
    I think Jackson will ultimately be more suited as a coach with development squads.
    I think more likely he will return to the assistant manager/coach role. There he’s basically the go-between the players and the manager which I think suits his skillset well. 

Still hope he can turn it around at AFC next season though and I still think he did a pretty good job with us last season in the circumstances 
  • Options
    Hope MK go down as it would be good for the 2 Wimbledon's to meet again next season. Lucky for the AFC branch that their downfall didnt start a few weeks earlier as they could well have got relegated.

Jacko was a great player but not a good manager. Lost count of the number of games recently where they have taken the lead but then have gone on to lose. Reverse Golfie at its finest.....and he has got it down to a tee.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Love JJ, fuck em - hope they go down next year. Pointless club, JJ bigger than they will ever be
    Genuinely don’t understand this.  AFC are a club that had to start again after they lost their identity and rise up as a Phoenix club from the non leagues, something we might have to do given our current situation.  They gave Jackson a chance after what, 6 months as a full time manager under his belt and your love for Jackson means they’re a pointless club.  I understand we have clubs we dislike/think are pointless, but as a Charlton fan I struggle to see where the hate would come from.  It’s not like we’ve had any sort of history with them.  

I think that your affection for Jackson is getting in the way of objectively looking at what he’s achieved there.  I think he’s had it tough and a baptism of fire, but it doesn’t look great 
    I'm a Charlton fan and Jackson is probably my favourite player of all time, do i think he's cut out to be a decent manager? Tough to say but probably not in truth. My love for JJ isn't why i dislike Afc Wimbledon, they were bullies in non league, their banner to KR was in very poor taste, their groundsman comment about Robinson's daughter was a disgrace. Have generally found their fans dislikeable. Nah fuck em 
    My sentiments entirely, not forgetting their continual  woe is me they stole my club.
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    I think more likely he will return to the assistant manager/coach role. There he’s basically the go-between the players and the manager which I think suits his skillset well. 

Still hope he can turn it around at AFC next season though and I still think he did a pretty good job with us last season in the circumstances 
    I'd be amazed if he kept his job there to be honest. 20th in L2 and sinking like a stone is way below what they and he would have expected, even allowing for injuries.

Amazingly when they beat Stockport at the end of January they were 10th, 3 points outside the playoffs. Since then, it's 1 win in 17 games...
  • Options
    Honestly people on here bashing him. Yes he’s struggling but where’s the support? He doesn’t deserve some of these comments. 
    He's got a 28% win record at Wimbledon, of course he's going to be called out on it. It proves that the many people on here who thought he really wasn't a good manager, are absolutely correct. 

After failing with us and now not being far off taking Wimbledon into non-league i don't exactly think the managerial offers will be flooding in. He's clearly more suited to being a coach/assistant manager and at best i think he might end up managing an academy team.
  • Options
    He's got a 28% win record at Wimbledon, of course he's going to be called out on it. It proves that the many people on here who thought he really wasn't a good manager, are absolutely correct. 

After failing with us and now not being far off taking Wimbledon into non-league i don't exactly think the managerial offers will be flooding in. He's clearly more suited to being a coach/assistant manager and at best i think he might end up managing an academy team.
    I think JJ took a lot of criticism for being too pally with the players. Having been at Charlton for so long it was inevitable he would be too close. I really thought that might change when he left for AFC. Perhaps he has learned from that experience at Charlton but whatever he’s doing isn’t working and I don’t think it’s because he’s a poor coach. I’m gutted for him that it isn’t working out in management but I agree with other posters I think his future lays in academy coaching where the day to day stuff isn’t as brutal. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Genuinely don’t understand this.  AFC are a club that had to start again after they lost their identity and rise up as a Phoenix club from the non leagues, something we might have to do given our current situation.  They gave Jackson a chance after what, 6 months as a full time manager under his belt and your love for Jackson means they’re a pointless club.  I understand we have clubs we dislike/think are pointless, but as a Charlton fan I struggle to see where the hate would come from.  It’s not like we’ve had any sort of history with them.  

I think that your affection for Jackson is getting in the way of objectively looking at what he’s achieved there.  I think he’s had it tough and a baptism of fire, but it doesn’t look great 
    I dunno, it all got a bit nasty when Robinson was our manager. The banner they held up, the volunteer giving Robinson some particularly nasty abuse, it all tipped my perception of them from a club I admired to a club with a fanbase that was more occupied with trying to get receipts for what happened in the past. Then the next time we played them it was all focused on abuse again. I don't hate the club and every team has fans that let them down every week, but there's definitely some history there that can influence how people feel about them.