Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jackson: Where does he go from here? (P6. AFC Wimbledon)

Comments

• Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Oggy Red said:
    I don't get some of the comments here at times. A man who gave everything in his 10 years for us on and off the field yet everytime he has a bad result people seemingly want him to fail. I don't get it? 
    He also lost half his 1st team in the January window ..... 4 loan players recalled by their clubs plus his best player sold.

That would be a pretty disruptive blow to any manager.

And some absolute shysters gave him DJ too….
    And who got injured more or less straightaway

• Options
    I don't get some of the comments here at times. A man who gave everything in his 10 years for us on and off the field yet everytime he has a bad result people seemingly want him to fail. I don't get it? 
    Football fans discuss football on football forum shock
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Football fans discuss football on football forum shock
    Can’t see anyone wanting him to fail. I think it’s more a question of wondering if he has enough to succeed. 
    If it was anyone else without the Charlton connection doing exactly the same job at Wimbledon it would be seen as middling at the very best let's be honest here.

You can talk about mitigating circumstances and things outside of the manager's control and that's fair but he's genuinely not pulling up any trees there.

I love JJ, I really want him to do well but he's just... not.
  • Options
    Whether he fails or succeeds at afc it will be many years before I take down the framed signed shirt in my downstairs loo. Legend.
  • Options
    I purposely look for Wimbledon results and really want them to well for JJ  a Charlton legend and I can’t understand anyone wanting it any different 
    Nah , stuff Wimbledon and every London and local non league club , hope they all slide down the football pyramid and we’re left as the one true light in London football with 200,000 sellouts as the worlds greatest club complete total domination of the game .
    You been sneaking a look at my Football Manager 2022 career! :)
  • Options
    I want Jacko to be successful wherever he manages, and would love to play the Dons (cup) Or whoever he manages, and give him a proper Charlton roar - he is proper Charlton himself. 
    Love Jacko to bits. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2023
    Losing to the worst team in the Football League currently. 
  • Options
    What an odd thing to post just as Charlton go 6-0 up .......
  • Options
    Must be on borrowed time.  I dont think much of his chances post end of season. 
  • Options
    He needs to get a few wins between now and the end of the season if he wants to get the summer I think.  I think he’s been dealt a tough hand with injuries, loss of players etc, but I asked my friend who supports them what the mood is, and he says they’ve been dire.  They’re not creating any chances at all and if wasn’t for the win against Walsall who were just as bad according to my friend, then they wouldn’t have won in a long time.

That’s also working against him because they had a terrible run last season where they didn’t win a game from Dec onwards.  Not so bad this time, but easy for fans to equate the two given a similar situation last season. 

Genuinely don’t think he’s got what it takes to be a manager, but deserves the summer imo.  
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Ah a horror result for him/Wimbledon today, especially after the way they drew on Good Friday. Feel for him but I'd be amazed if he lasts the season. Wimbledon need a shakeup from top to bottom, be a tough gig for anyone atm
  • Options
    Holden's looking for an assistant in the summer...
  • Options
    I was thinking they’d give him a second chance next season but with the amount of games they’re throwing away I’m not sure how he can survive. Sad for him but maybe he’s just better off as a coach for now. 
  • Options
    Think that kind of result will ultimately be what gets him the sack. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
     That could work, that.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    I’d absolutely back that, and think Holden is the sort of guy who understands the impact on the fan base (if we are winning of course) of having someone like JJ about. 

My only issue with it is I think they are quiet similar characters and personalities and not sure if that is a good thing. 
  • Options
    Unfortunately, it's not rocket science to see what the issue is - they have dropped 31 points from winning positions this season and have been in front in six of their last eight defeats.  
  • Options
    I’d absolutely back that, and think Holden is the sort of guy who understands the impact on the fan base (if we are winning of course) of having someone like JJ about. 

My only issue with it is I think they are quiet similar characters and personalities and not sure if that is a good thing. 
    The issue would be everyone would know, including Holden and the players, that deep down Jackson wants his job.

Even if its subconscious.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
  • Options
    Jacko's now deleted his Twitter account after Wimbledon fans dug up some supposedly sexist tweets from 2013.
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Jacko's now deleted his Twitter account after Wimbledon fans dug up some supposedly sexist tweets from 2013.
    Typical women , let it go ffs 
    Was about rape tbf
  • Options
    Fair enough , straight red for jacko