Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ron Dangerfield appointed club secretary

124»

Comments

• edited April 2022
    Crusty54 said:

Dangerfield handled the operational matters as the Division One North minnows enjoyed two hugely successful FA Cup runs that brought the BBC Match of the Day cameras to Park Drive.

When chairman Ed Garty sold the Jammers early last season, Dangerfield was appointed as chairman by the club’s new owners and has steered the club through the change of ownership and the Covid crisis.

Latterly, Dangerfield then stepped in to fill the dual role as the Jammers club secretary when long-serving Roger Stephenson retired.

• Maldon & Tiptree have capitulated since the Ronnmeister left.
    Rock bottom with zero points..

• Is danger mouse still on teamtommy? I can’t keep up 
  • Been promoted to Head of Football Administration.

• Funny bloke but I thought he was American and died in 2004.
  • Staff

Club Secretary: Ron Dangerfield

* This page was last updated on January 24th, 2024
    https://www.charltonafc.com/staff
  • Is he any good defending in a three?
  • edited January 24
    Funny bloke but I thought he was American and died in 2004.
    That was his brother, they're easily confused
  • Sponsored links:

• Other than title, what’s the difference between Club Secretary and Head of Football Administration? 
  • Other than title, what’s the difference between Club Secretary and Head of Football Administration? 
    A few pounds....or maybe lbs ? 
    Possibly none.

It could be that he's now in charge of admin for the women's and men's team but it's a guess.
    Tony Keohone! ;-))))))
  • Swisdom said:
    In addition to being Club Sec, Ron is in charge of the administrative stuff at Sparrows Lane now that TK is no longer there 
    All joking aside presumably this is part of the restructuring that's referenced and has created redundancies etc. 

Is it all cutbacks though  ? Or is there more logic to who does what / reports to who now?
  • We now have an administrator in the building for when we go bust!
  • Swisdom said:
    In addition to being Club Sec, Ron is in charge of the administrative stuff at Sparrows Lane now that TK is no longer there 
    All joking aside presumably this is part of the restructuring that's referenced and has created redundancies etc. 

Is it all cutbacks though  ? Or is there more logic to who does what / reports to who now?
    Belinda, who older fans may remember started out with us in the club shop leaves us after 33 year’s service (now in wages I believe).
    My children loved visiting her and Mr Tugwell for a chat and a look around a well stocked shop.
    I wish her well and remember her as a lovely lady. 

• From the point of view of the FA, EFL and other clubs, I assume Ron will still be the "Club Secretary" whatever his job title might be now.
  • Sponsored links:

• He looks happy on hearing the news...