Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brian Jokat confirmed to be new COO (p4), Sacked (p5) 🙄

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2022
    He did not impress when he was on the CACT board before, I was told. Understand he has gone.
    We shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but he didn't look an impressive appointment to me, neither by CV nor appearance.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    ozaddick said:
    8 weeks almost to the day he lasted, he was announced 24th April.  Now either he's quit, or has been sacked. Neither bode well. Is it that TS made a mistake with the appointment, or he doesn't like what he's seen? I don't think we will get an official explanation. 
    Sacked. Given he’s only been there eight weeks it’s unlikely the club needs to give a reason to him, never mind to us.
    How bad do you have to be to be actually sacked after 8 weeks? 
    Bad enough that you probably shouldn’t have been appointed in the first place.

I think on the whole TS has seemingly looked to have learnt from his mistakes, so maybe whatever is going with this, it will end up being a positive thing. 
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Rumours that he has been sacked today
    Already!?
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    ozaddick said:
    8 weeks almost to the day he lasted, he was announced 24th April.  Now either he's quit, or has been sacked. Neither bode well. Is it that TS made a mistake with the appointment, or he doesn't like what he's seen? I don't think we will get an official explanation. 
    Sacked. Given he’s only been there eight weeks it’s unlikely the club needs to give a reason to him, never mind to us.
    Ok thanks airman. I hope TS knows what he's doing.... 
    if that Chorley fella is still available and Garner has made it clear how good he is, maybe it’s being put into action.🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    What is Ben Chorley up to these days?
    Jokat is nothing to do with the footballing side - Chorley couldn’t do his job and he couldn’t do Chorleys.

If that were true then words would fail me.
    Jokat couldn't do Jokat's job either
    Alleged or joke?
    I've heard it from more than one trusted source.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    ozaddick said:
    Who knows. Might have just been a difference of opinion and he told TS to go forth and multiply or some other dismissible offence 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Maybe we're getting Chorley?
    Chorley as Director of Football and Martin Sandgaard moves to COO would make sense.
    Daily Show Wtf GIF by CTV Comedy Channel - Find  Share on GIPHY
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    ozaddick said:
    ozaddick said:
    if that Chorley fella is still available and Garner has made it clear how good he is, maybe it’s being put into action.🤷🏻‍♂️
    Ok, thanks. Forgive my ignorance, but who is Chorley, and what's his background? 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Chorley as Director of Football and Martin Sandgaard moves to COO would make sense.
    I can't honestly see either of those happening. MS is very much part of the football side rather than operational or commercial. Chorley the same. It leaves us very thin on the ground, commercially, after Mumford's departure.

Edit: to improve clarity, the reason I don't see Chorley as a proper DoF is that I doubt if Sandgaard would have either Martin S or Steve G reporting to a DoF role.
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    paulfox said:
    ozaddick said:
    ozaddick said:
    Ok, thanks. Forgive my ignorance, but who is Chorley, and what's his background? 
    I think and don’t quote me, he was director of football at Swindon with Garner,  apparently very instrumental to Garners planning. Most of this is what I’ve read on here, so not overly clued up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Daily Show Wtf GIF by CTV Comedy Channel - Find  Share on GIPHY
    Yes.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    That would make a hell of a lot of sense.  Probably too much sense. 
    Chorley yes. Please can we stop this madness on MS - he's there to get a free job from Dad. That's fine - stick him somewhere that doesn't really have a massive impact on the club to learn. Get a COO that has proper experience in the sports space. If Jokat wasn't cut for it for whatever reason (and he at least had a relevant CV), why would MS be? 

Come on.
  • Options
    Has Chorley left Swindon? 
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    He left Swindon even before Garner did
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    Yes , I think people put 2+2 together at the time thinking he was coming with Garner.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    What i posted on the Mumford thread

IF this rumour is true its a fact that TS took over the club and made 3 appointments to run the club

Mumford
    Roddy
    Adkins (and his subsequent replacement sacked)

All gone within about 20 months. That is not positive however you dress it up
    Yes TS is a useless wanker!!🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    ozaddick said:
    Difficult to comment too much without knowing the circumstances but it makes the recruitment process look very average especially given the importance of the role.
  • Options
    Maybe he was only ever meant to be coming in for a short time?
    What, 8 weeks?
  • Options
    We will never know I imagine, but perhaps he was good at his job, but has done something that = sacking - gross misconduct etc ???
  • Options
    Chorley and Jokat have completely different roles within the game though right? It's not a like for like replacement, if Chorley is hired? 
  • Options
    He nicked Thomas guitar