Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brian Jokat confirmed to be new COO (p4), Sacked (p5) 🙄

1101112131416»

Comments

• Options
    Boeing have so many technical faults makes me nervy flying with them. And the whistleblower has been found dead 
  • Options
    Always best to get a train
  • Options
    Always best to get a train
    From Sydney to Auckland? That's impressive. 
    Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.
  • Options
    I can’t remember if I ever told this story before but I think I was possibly the very first person Brian saw after his sacking.

For context I was part of the early woo’ing of the club by Meantime/Asahi to get the beer into ground, so we would have Sangaard and crew come by every now and then to tour the brewery and meet with us. Anyway one time Thomas brought along Brian (who was quite personable - nothing against him) so that’s where I first met him.

The bar stuff in the brewery just came to know him as crazy Canadian guy. One day I was up in the office, one of my team come up and tell me crazy Canadian guy is here to see me. I didn’t have anything scheduled which I thought was weird. So sat down him and he had literally just come straight from the Valley, quite teary eyed, to the brewery to drown his sorrows and told me I was the first person he wanted to tell that he’s been sacked and fallen out with TS.

He left his phone number, necked two pints of Yakima Red, hopped into his convertible and drove off into the sunset. Last we ever heard of him. 
  • Options
    edited March 13