Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

injuries

Comments

• Options
    Egbo
    Aneke
    Sessegnon
    McGrandles
    Blackett-Taylor
    Inniss

They’re building up already.
    Does sound like Egbo, CBT and possible McGrandles will be back sooner rather than later.

Gone a bit quiet on Sess, which is weird.

Aneke and Inniss (if he is actually out for long) I mean you reap what you sow.
  • Options
    Wasting money on Aneke in January and giving him a long-term contract when we had nothing to play for that season was a mindless decision that makes less sense as time passes. 

We could literally have anyone and they would have contributed more than Aneke 'the cheat code' this season. 
  • Options
    The injuries make picking a team for Wednesday much harder than it should be added to the fact its the penultimate day before the window slams shut.  You aren't going to want to risk anyone that could be going, which currently sounds like it could be anyone.
  • Options
    Egbo
    Aneke
    Sessegnon
    McGrandles
    Blackett-Taylor
    Inniss

Egbo is back in training.

Blackett-Taylor was an impact injury. Close to return.

McGrandles fractured hand. Able to play in a lightweight cast.
  • Options
    Everyone expected back in the next fortnight - the next two weeks will be crucial.
  • Options
    'Nearly' is a significant word in my opinion.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Not Garner’s choice of word, he said one will probably be a little bit longer. I would assume that’s Chuks or Inniss, from his press conference it sounds like the others are back in training or at least on the grass.

Garner told the South London Press: “The majority of the players we have out will be back within the next two weeks.

“There is probably one that will be a little bit longer, but the rest should all be back, certainly training, in the next couple of weeks.

• Options
    Form the OS

Speaking in his Friday press conference, Ben Garner confirmed Conor McGrandles and Corey Blackett-Taylor have both been training, while Steven Sessegnon has also been out on the grass and Ryan Inniss will be assessed.

Mandela Egbo (knee) and Chuks Aneke (calf) are progressing well with their respective recoveries.

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    When it comes to Aneke  " nearly " means around Xmas. 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    When it comes to Aneke  " nearly " means around Xmas. 
    Which year?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One player back in training Thursday which will leave one remaining player out injured.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-keeping-exact-injury-news-under-wraps-ahead-of-forest-green-rovers-match/
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Form the OS

Speaking in his Friday press conference, Ben Garner confirmed Conor McGrandles and Corey Blackett-Taylor have both been training, while Steven Sessegnon has also been out on the grass and Ryan Inniss will be assessed.

Mandela Egbo (knee) and Chuks Aneke (calf) are progressing well with their respective recoveries.

Egbo is taking much longer to return than initially thought, considering the injury happened against Dartford nearly 2 months ago
    Given he missed a big chunk of pre-season, I wonder if it's a matter of not only having his ankle heal, but also getting him fully fit from a conditioning perspective. But agreed, he is taking longer than expected. Hopefully he's available for selection tomorrow, alongside Inniss and Chuks. Those three plus CBT make us a much stronger 18, and we might be at the point where there's serious competition to even get into the 18. 
  • Options
    Can anyone confirm who we have had injured and how many games they've missed so far?

I want to do an injury tracker again. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Can anyone confirm who we have had injured and how many games they've missed so far?

I want to do an injury tracker again. 
    TransferMarkt is your friend as will tell you the games they've missed more accurately.

Inniss for example: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ryan-inniss/leistungsdaten/spieler/183284

Aneke and Egbo have of course missed all of them.

Then Sessegnon | CBT are the others so far as I'm aware.
  • Options
    Plus McGrandles, who had an injury in pre season which restricted his minutes, then broke his hand meaning he missed 2 games, but was back on the bench for Bolton
  • Options
    Plus McGrandles, who had an injury in pre season which restricted his minutes, then broke his hand meaning he missed 2 games, but was back on the bench for Bolton
    Keep forgetting about him in the entire squad
  • Options
    What's the latest situation on the injury front?

Obviously, we know about Leaburn. But what's the problem with Jaiyesimi and Lavelle?

And has Thomas suddenly gone down with something as well as he has been missing from the subs bench this last 2 games.
  • Options

Obviously, we know about Leaburn. But what's the problem with Jaiyesimi and Lavelle?

And has Thomas suddenly gone down with something as well as he has been missing from the subs bench this last 2 games.
    Lavelle not injured according to Garner.
  • Options
    I haven't seen McGrandles play much but I was very impressed with his game when Lincoln played us at the Valley last season so I'm sure there is a good player in there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think Garner wants flexibility on our bench .. Clare can fill in at centre back if required and I reckon Egbo could as well .. for me though, I always like to see a recognised defender on the bench barring injury of course, just in case
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Egbo
    Aneke
    Sessegnon
    McGrandles
    Blackett-Taylor
    Inniss

November update:

Egbo (new injury)
    McGrandles (new injury)
    Leaburn
    O’Connell
    Thomas

Never far away from Aneke, Inniss or CBT missing a stretch either.

Is Jaiyesimi still injured as well?
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Awful. I hope DH exaggerated a few to take the focus away from the awful loss, and onto a small squad.
  • Options
    Has anyone asked Holden, the medical team, or anyone, why we have so many injuries every year, it can't just be bad luck or coincidence. It's getting beyond ridiculous, despite supposedly improving the backroom staff? 
  • Options
    Has anyone asked Holden, the medical team, or anyone, why we have so many injuries every year, it can't just be bad luck or coincidence. It's getting beyond ridiculous, despite supposedly improving the backroom staff? 
    Have we improved the backroom staff though?

Do we have the right people involved (Like that Danny Murphy bloke back in 2019/20) who is ensuring that players aren't pushing their bodies beyond the limit, either because they dont know any better... Or because they don't want to, in case it ruins their place in the team and potentially their career.

If the adequate staff arent there, whats the difference between a Footballer pushing themselves too much, and some average bloke going out running every evening...

The latter can think he's looking after himself, staying fit and healthy etc. but if he's not warming up / down properly, or doesn't realise that going out every night with no breaks is doing more damage... Who is around to advise that casual runner to ease off? 
  • Options
    edited August 2023

Do we have the right people involved (Like that Danny Murphy bloke back in 2019/20) who is ensuring that players aren't pushing their bodies beyond the limit, either because they dont know any better... Or because they don't want to, in case it ruins their place in the team and potentially their career.

If the adequate staff arent there, whats the difference between a Footballer pushing themselves too much, and some average bloke going out running every evening...

The latter can think he's looking after himself, staying fit and healthy etc. but if he's not warming up / down properly, or doesn't realise that going out every night with no breaks is doing more damage... Who is around to advise that casual runner to ease off? 
    Was it TS who said we’d improved the Medical Team and did he take them with him when he left or did I imagine that?
  • Options

Was it TS who said we’d improved the Medical Team and did he take them with him when he left or did I imagine that?
    Doris the tea lady was booked on a first aiders course (allegedly).

TS provided one if his 'machines' on his arrival to aid recoveries, but whether it remains or was shown the door, I will leave someone 'in the know' to comment.
  • Options

Seem to remember they got a device that detected hamstring injuries before they happened - Equally wonder if any of them left, given we have had a bit of an exodus of staff under TS
  • Options

Seem to remember they got a device that detected hamstring injuries before they happened - Equally wonder if any of them left, given we have had a bit of an exodus of staff under TS
    Several of the current injuries are down to impacts. Not possible to prevent in a contact sport.