Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2022/23

Comments

• Options
    supaclive said:
    I'm currently in Park City Utah for Sundance Film Festival. 

I've gone and booked a flight to San Fran for Sunday morning, bought a ticket for Cowboys v 49ers. Hotel stay at San Fran airport and back to the Festival early Monday morning.

I'm SO bloody excited!

Love it - let’s hope for a result!
    Seeing as they don’t do ties in the knockout stages, I’d say you’re nailed on for a result
  • Options
    Happy no more Greg Roman day to those who celebrate 
  • Options

In voting to approve a 17-game regular season, which begins in 2021, NFL owners have also instigated a new scheduling formula for international contests.

Starting in 2022, there will be at least four games played internationally every season. Over the first eight years of that agreement, the league will select four clubs from the conference that would host nine regular season home games to be designated to play internationally. That will be the NFC in 2022, AFC in 2023 and so on. This means each NFL team will take a turn to host an international contest once every eight seasons.

https://www.nfl.com/news/owners-approve-international-game-scheduling-plan

That's interesting thanks!

I know it's not that simple but if they chose to go with the 17th game opponents, you'd be looking at SF @ JAX, SEA @ TEN, TB @ BUF, PHI @ KC and NO @ NE

In reality, all of the games in 2022 were in-conference so wouldn't be surprised to see something like this instead: BAL @ JAX, LAC @ CIN, LV @ BUF, MIA @ KC, IND @ NE
  • Options
    So this weekend I am going with

Chiefs
    Eagles
    Bengals
    49ers

• Options
    I think the Giants could shock the Eagles. I also fancy the Jags to be tough opposition for KC but fancy Mahomes to have one of those games.
  • Options
    I'll take the 4 home teams to win this weekend, although I think both the Bills/Bengals & Eagles/Giants games are toss ups.
  • Options
    Right then:

Chiefs
    Eagles (think it’ll be close though)
    Bills 
    49ers
  • Options
    Chiefs
    Eagles
    AFC Champs
    49ers
  • Options
    Jags
    Giants
    Bills
    Cowboys

A lad can dream can’t he?
  • Options
    Jags
    Giants
    Bills
    Cowboys

You have the hardest game, I think the 49ers are winning the Superbowl this year
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Purdy led the 49ers to a Superbowl, do people think Trey Lance becomes available on the trade market despite his injuries? 
  • Options
    Ian Nightingale said:
    Callumcafc said:
    Jags
    Giants
    Bills
    Cowboys

You have the hardest game, I think the 49ers are winning the Superbowl this year
    11 games in a row. I agree. My one hope is the QB faces his first bit of real pressure and gets the jitters!
  • Options
    49ers have the most complete team and fancy them to reach Superbowl but got a sneaking feeling the AFC winners will beat them. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    If Purdy led the 49ers to a Superbowl, do people think Trey Lance becomes available on the trade market despite his injuries? 
    IMO they finally move on from Garoppolo and have Purdy & Lance battle for the starting job in pre-season.

Either way, they are probably getting a massive haul from whichever QB they decide to trade.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    IMO they finally move on from Garoppolo and have Purdy & Lance battle for the starting job in pre-season.

Either way, they are probably getting a massive haul from whichever QB they decide to trade.
    Jimmy G is only on a one year contract so he's definitely gone regardless. I think both Lance and Purdy are contracted until 26 so I'd imagine both are there next season and then the decision is made who to go with.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    MarcusH26 said:
    I think Lance at least gets the chance to be the starter next year. First round pick with everything they gave up, versus a seventh round pick. Purdy is good, but worth remembering Nick Mullens also looked good in this offense. 

Jimmy G to the Jets or Bucs?
  • Options
    They keep both, to have your QB and QB2 on roomie contracts 
  • Options
    You can’t not enjoy watching Mahomes. Great to see it all coming together for Lawrence this year too. Should be a good one this. 
  • Options
    Chiefs looking very good 
  • Options
    Mahomes and Kelce both looking the business from the get go. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ETN is very good.
  • Options
    Excellent response from the Jaguars. We have a game!
  • Options
    Chiefs looking very good 
    So are the Jags.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Chiefs looking very good 
    So are the Jags.
    Their first drive had me nervous but very impressive just now
  • Options
    Uh oh limping Mahomes
  • Options
    Mahomes looks fucked, can’t see him carrying on
  • Options
    Oh dear. It’s Mahomes though but will limit his scrambling at least. 
  • Options
    Chad Henne is the backup - didn’t he win a playoff game for them a couple of years ago? Or was that Matt Moore?
  • Options
    Chiefs did what we had to. Onto our 5th consecutive Championship game. Hope it is at Arrowhead.
  • Options
    Hard luck on the Jaguars.

Hearing reports on Mahomes’ ankle is going to get annoying over the next eight days.