Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scott Fraser - pg 36 - left by mutual consent

1343536373840»

Comments

• Who were the five English clubs mad enough to make a bid for him?!
  • Stewart said:
    se9addick said:
    Who were the five English clubs mad enough to make a bid for him?!
    Cray Valley Paper Mills
    Corinthian Casuals
    Biggleswade Town
    Wimborne 
    and Bamber Bridge 

Are my guesses 
    Cray Valley Paper Mills who famously drew away against a League One side last season? Cray Valley Paper Mills who saw Scott Fraser play against them? Not a chance.
  • I understand both side and missus come first. However, he could have come to an agreement with the club  a long time ago and come to an agreement to terminate his contract.  He has been at MK, Ipswich and now us/ If he wanted to move to Scotland, why did he accept a contract with us. The guy did fuck all with us. 
  • And they accepted offers from other clubs.

“That’s why I probably got more frustrated than I’d ever been because I’d explained to them that I wasn’t trying to get a better move or more money or anything like that,” Fraser added.

“It was purely a family situation. I get football is a business and you pay for players blah, blah, blah…

“I thought I made it clear and as professionally as I could that it was a family choice.

“But they accepted four or five offers from English clubs. I’d reiterated to them for the best part of a year, over a year, that I didn’t want any other English club.

“I wanted to go home.

So we did the right thing and accepted offers, and he is still not happy, ffs.

It is not our fault that clubs in Scotland either did not come in for him, or offer enough money.

The club accepted offers that he'd already told them he didn't want and wouldn't accept.

He's not a piece of meat, he's a human being with a family.
    So, could he not resign. Buy himself out of his contract & make himself a fee agent. I expect he could if he really wanted to. So family is everything.....until it's not. Another player having the club over a barrel. 

I think he did, no? Mutually cancelling a contract wasn't in his favour, financially. That said, had a championship team come in and offered to treble the wages....I wonder what the tipping point was!

Either way, I think he comes off ok in this interview and best of luck to the bloke. 
  • Cloudworm said:

And they accepted offers from other clubs.

“That’s why I probably got more frustrated than I’d ever been because I’d explained to them that I wasn’t trying to get a better move or more money or anything like that,” Fraser added.

“It was purely a family situation. I get football is a business and you pay for players blah, blah, blah…

“I thought I made it clear and as professionally as I could that it was a family choice.

“But they accepted four or five offers from English clubs. I’d reiterated to them for the best part of a year, over a year, that I didn’t want any other English club.

“I wanted to go home.

It is not our fault that clubs in Scotland either did not come in for him, or offer enough money.

The club accepted offers that he'd already told them he didn't want and wouldn't accept.

So, could he not resign. Buy himself out of his contract & make himself a fee agent. I expect he could if he really wanted to. So family is everything.....until it's not. Another player having the club over a barrel. 

I think he did, no? Mutually cancelling a contract wasn't in his favour, financially. That said, had a championship team come in and offered to treble the wages....I wonder what the tipping point was!

Either way, I think he comes off ok in this interview and best of luck to the bloke. 
    Wasn't it?
  • On the bench for Dundee today
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 28

And they accepted offers from other clubs.

“I wanted to go home.

If the club start rejecting offers, it puts out the idea he's not available.

It's up to Scott to reject the offers from the clubs.

I'm not sure how much emotional harm was done to Scott by having X amount of clubs putting in bids for him.
  • And they accepted offers from other clubs.

“I wanted to go home.

He isnt a piece of meat but he signed the contract! 
  • £500 grand though. Blimey! I'm guessing most footballers rule the roost but in Scott's case, once pregnant his Missus takes over. Maybe it explains his halfhearted performances last year. 
  • Wasnt t he looking for a decorator in the Dundee area in January, hope he found one, or if he didn’t at least he’ll have a bit more time to do some painting.
  • £500 grand though. Blimey! I'm guessing most footballers rule the roost but in Scott's case, once pregnant his Missus takes over. Maybe it explains his halfhearted performances last year. 

If he put as much effort on the pitch as he did in the bedroom perhaps he could have been transferred a lot earlier.