Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scott Fraser - pg 36 - left by mutual consent

Comments

• Hope he finally gets his decorator sorted out.
  • edited September 2
    I wonder if Scott was a big miss in the dressing room?
    Who are we to judge a person's life choices, how they wish to addressed, pronouns-wse, etc.????

That said, an unusual question to ask, is there a particular reason?

Edit: I have to admit to having visions of Hattie Jacques sitting listening to the inspirational team taks.
  • So basically downed tools…!!!
  • So basically downed tools…!!!
    No
  • Sponsored links:

• Struggle a bit to understand the mentality of people who go into professions like football, where rewards are high, but the chances of working down the road are slim. The point gets emphasised when I work away with young blokes who have young families, and have to be away for 5 days at a time. They literally can't afford to work local and rely on away work to make a living.

Totally understand it's not for everyone, but reckon a few of em need to get things in perspective
  • Gribbo said:
    Struggle a bit to understand the mentality of people who go into professions like football, where rewards are high, but the chances of working down the road are slim. The point gets emphasised when I work away with young blokes who have young families, and have to be away for 5 days at a time. They literally can't afford to work local and rely on away work to make a living.

Totally understand it's not for everyone, but reckon a few of em need to get things in perspective
    Agree about that the relatively high wages are in part compensation for the travel and living away from home.

But in this case he's made a decision to move closer to home despite that probably being on lower wages.  
  • And they accepted offers from other clubs.

“That’s why I probably got more frustrated than I’d ever been because I’d explained to them that I wasn’t trying to get a better move or more money or anything like that,” Fraser added.

“It was purely a family situation. I get football is a business and you pay for players blah, blah, blah…

“I thought I made it clear and as professionally as I could that it was a family choice.

“But they accepted four or five offers from English clubs. I’d reiterated to them for the best part of a year, over a year, that I didn’t want any other English club.

“I wanted to go home.

So we did the right thing and accepted offers, and he is still not happy, ffs.

It is not our fault that clubs in Scotland either did not come in for him, or offer enough money.

The club accepted offers that he'd already told them he didn't want and wouldn't accept.

He's not a piece of meat, he's a human being with a family.
    Of course but the club did nothing wrong accepting bids and he did nothing wrong declining to sign with those clubs
  • A professional footballer on wages that most of us can only dream of, and then bleats on about being away from home.
  • Gribbo said:
    Struggle a bit to understand the mentality of people who go into professions like football, where rewards are high, but the chances of working down the road are slim. The point gets emphasised when I work away with young blokes who have young families, and have to be away for 5 days at a time. They literally can't afford to work local and rely on away work to make a living.

Agree about that the relatively high wages are in part compensation for the travel and living away from home.

But in this case he's made a decision to move closer to home despite that probably being on lower wages.  
    Yeah, I was speaking more generally, to be honest. Fraser has probably done what a lot of trades do, thinking it’s going to cost him £100, £500, or £1000 a week to work near where he wants to live - which is fair enough. But I still think there’s a certain amount of naivety among higher paid individuals in general about what others have to do to make ends meet.
  • Fuck him, absolute joke.

Scotland is hardly a million miles away is it? What if the clubs interested in him were places like Carlisle, Barrow, Fleetwood, Morecambe and Hartlepool? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Given his comments, I would hope that it didn’t cost us anything to cancel his contract.  I accept he’s a human being with a family but he’s not a kid, he’s a seasoned professional footballer.  He knows what that entails, such as two away games in a week or moving clubs (often for his benefit in terms of wages). Has only signed a one year deal with Dundee.  Maybe he’ll make an effort now he’s home.
  • Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:

Yeah, I was speaking more generally, to be honest. Fraser has probably done what a lot of trades do, thinking it’s going to cost him £100, £500, or £1000 a week to work near where he wants to live - which is fair enough. But I still think there’s a certain amount of naivety among higher paid individuals in general about what others have to do to make ends meet.
    Agree, he has that luxery when maybe others don't but on the other hand tradesmen can make a living into their 60s, most professional footballers are done by 35.

Work to live, don't live to work.

• edited September 28

And they accepted offers from other clubs.

“That’s why I probably got more frustrated than I’d ever been because I’d explained to them that I wasn’t trying to get a better move or more money or anything like that,” Fraser added.

“It was purely a family situation. I get football is a business and you pay for players blah, blah, blah…

“I thought I made it clear and as professionally as I could that it was a family choice.

“But they accepted four or five offers from English clubs. I’d reiterated to them for the best part of a year, over a year, that I didn’t want any other English club.

“I wanted to go home.

So we did the right thing and accepted offers, and he is still not happy, ffs.

It is not our fault that clubs in Scotland either did not come in for him, or offer enough money.

The club accepted offers that he'd already told them he didn't want and wouldn't accept.

He's not a piece of meat, he's a human being with a family.
    So, could he not resign. Buy himself out of his contract & make himself a fee agent. I expect he could if he really wanted to. So family is everything.....until it's not. Another player having the club over a barrel. 

• He'll be at Wrexham next year.
  • Hal1x said:
    He'll be at Wrexham next year in the Championship
    And so will we cos our squads better than theirs (apparently)
  • Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:

Agree, he has that luxery when maybe others don't but on the other hand tradesmen can make a living into their 60s, most professional footballers are done by 35.

Work to live, don't live to work.

Not installing 6300A busbar we dont. I'm walking away from it at age 47 lol

But yeah, take your point
  • Always come across as a bit of a wanker, confi med it in this interview 
  • TelMc32 said:
    Given his comments, I would hope that it didn’t cost us anything to cancel his contract.  I accept he’s a human being with a family but he’s not a kid, he’s a seasoned professional footballer.  He knows what that entails, such as two away games in a week or moving clubs (often for his benefit in terms of wages). Has only signed a one year deal with Dundee.  Maybe he’ll make an effort now he’s home.

Probably only signed a one year contract so he can get a move abroad on a higher salary.