Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread [+post match p.17]: Charlton vs Norwich | FA Cup 3rd Round | Sun 9th January 2022, 2pm

Comments

• Sounds like we're simply not taking a risk with Washington today

Washington's injury described as a "niggle" on the club website #cafc

— Louis Mendez (@LouisMend) January 9, 2022
  • Ha.ha.ha.ha.ha.

?
    I've been saying for months & months about how light we are up front & our dreadful summer transfer policy will come to bite us.

And here it is. 
    The desire to be able to say "Told you so" on here from grown men is bloody pathetic.

Dont pretend as though your some tactical genius - You had a 50/50 chance of getting it right.
    Spot on. 
  • edited January 2022
    Inniss to score first 80/1 with MansionBet. Or 60/1 with Paddy Power.

Anytime 25/1
  • Ha.ha.ha.ha.ha.

?
    I've been saying for months & months about how light we are up front & our dreadful summer transfer policy will come to bite us.

And here it is. 
    Any team with their two main strikers injured is going to look light up front. As far as I can see we have enough to still play two up front with one on the bench. That’s five striker options in the squad. How many did you want?
    Not sure Burstow and Davison should be considered first team strikers. Tbf to Golfie it’s a fact that we started the season light up top, we didn’t replace the strikers we lost. 
  • Ha.ha.ha.ha.ha.

?

And here it is. 
    The desire to be able to say "Told you so" on here from grown men is bloody pathetic.

Dont pretend as though your some tactical genius - You had a 50/50 chance of getting it right.
    Also, I always find it weird that someone would make any sort of sweeping statement before the game has even been played.

And even then why not just be excited, and proud, that we have a young hot prospect academy player against premiership opposition.

Just try and enjoy the game for what it is, instead of being petty, I guarantee you’ll get a lot more out of it if you do. 
    Its not even that extreme a statement - I mean we're playing a Premier League team

Nothing to suggest that playing Stockley / Washington would see us score either today
  • Ha.ha.ha.ha.ha.

?

And here it is. 
    Any team with their two main strikers injured is going to look light up front. As far as I can see we have enough to still play two up front with one on the bench. That’s five striker options in the squad. How many did you want?
    Not sure Burstow and Davison should be considered first team strikers. Tbf to Golfie it’s a fact that we started the season light up top, we didn’t replace the strikers we lost. 
    No, it's impossible for you to think that, he's the only person on this site that had that opinion and everyone else is a plonker
  • Inniss to score first 80/1 with MansionBet. Or 60/1 with Paddy Power.

Anytime 25/1
    25/1 with Hameed the first to go
  • No Washington, no Stockley, no fourth round cup tie for us this year
  • Sponsored links:

• Ha.ha.ha.ha.ha.

?

And here it is. 
    And that with 2 winnable league games coming up, our options up front aren't good enough. A week after the window opened.
  • edited January 2022
    Ha.ha.ha.ha.ha.

?

And here it is. 
    Burstow fair enough but as a fifth choice coming from the academy, you won’t get much better than him. Davison was definitely in our plan of four forward options - whether he is proving himself to be good enough this season is up for debate but it would have been unfair to write him off in the summer. Is Leko a striker? Probably a stretch but we know he’s played there a lot in both his stints with us.

And all this comes with the heavy disclaimer that Nigel planned to only play one up top for most of the season. So having three options with Leko/ Burstow/ Blackett-Taylor able to fill in where needed isn’t the terrible squad building that some would have you believe.
  • Washington and Stockley both out with 'niggles'. 

Desperately need a new striker this month
  • AndyG said:
    Ha.ha.ha.ha.ha.

?

And here it is. 
    Yup 100% correct but it is what it is the difference is some of us like to get behind the team rather than slag them off before a ball has been kicked. He is a young lad with talent so why slate him ? If he scores a hatrick today some folk on here will be saying he was lucky
    No one is slating him as far as I'm aware. 

The idea that we probably should have gone into the season with more than 1 decent striker isn't really controversial. Burstow has taken his chance well so far, but we probably shouldn't rely on him and Davison so much if we want to win. 

• Don’t show the Diet Club :-)

Come on you reds!

Which Spoons is that? I recognise the plates  :)

Come on you reds!

Which Spoons is that? I recognise the plates  :)
    New Cross Turnpike would be my guess
  • Inniss to score first 80/1 with MansionBet. Or 60/1 with Paddy Power.

Anytime 25/1
    80/1 is a shout
  • Chunes said:
    Ha.ha.ha.ha.ha.

?

And here it is. 
    Oh pipe down will you. In the summer we were building a team to play one up front. 
    Though the irony is that we don't really have anyone that can play up front on their own. 

Come on you reds!

You have the same plates as Wetherspoons 
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:

Don’t show the Diet Club :-)

Come on you reds!

AFKA ...... how come your kids get Guinness, but you only get lemonade?

Not another ‘rate my plate’ !!!
  • Nice plates by the way…
  • I think someone has let a stinkbomb off on the train  :s
  • Anyone got a stream?

Come on you reds!

Only 4 of your 5 a day on that plate…
  • Macronate said:
    Fairly obvious how we’re lining up:

80/1 looks even better now :-)
  • Chunes said:
    Anyone got a stream?