Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AFCON 2022

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Egypt’s corners FFS
  • Options
    Hate these stuttery pens. 
  • Options
    Absolute shocker that one 😱
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Those were some awful penalties from Cameroon 
  • Options
    Hahahahahaha those penalties
  • Options
    Have to favour Senegal in the final given that Egypt have played extra time in all 3 knockout games. Then again Egypt have battled past Ivory Coast, Morocco and the hosts Cameroon.
  • Options
    From what I’ve seen, which isn’t all of the tournament, I haven’t really been convinced by Egypt so I’ll go for Senegal. 

Hope there’s the usual amount of madness in the final.
  • Options
    Mane vs Salah final
    I’m sure that was the dream for the broadcasters. 
  • Options

Egypt assistant boss Diaa al-Sayed wants their Africa Cup of Nations final against Senegal to be played on Monday instead of Sunday so they can have an extra day of rest.

"I ask CAF that the final be played on Monday," Al-Sayed said.

"There is one more day of recovery for Senegal."

Al-Sayed was speaking to the media because Egypt boss Carlos Queiroz was sent off during the game.

"I hope that, as we have advanced the match for third place, we will play on Monday," said Al-Sayed.

• Options

Egypt assistant boss Diaa al-Sayed wants their Africa Cup of Nations final against Senegal to be played on Monday instead of Sunday so they can have an extra day of rest.

Al-Sayed was speaking to the media because Egypt boss Carlos Queiroz was sent off during the game.

"I hope that, as we have advanced the match for third place, we will play on Monday," said Al-Sayed.

But then Senegal will still have an extra day of rest? :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yeah the logic is lacking a little there!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Yeah the logic is lacking a little there!
    Not to mention the layout from Group Stage to Final is laid out before the tournament even starts, so they cant exactly be shocked by the outcome - Had Egypt wanted the extra rest day then winning their Group would have helped

Yet then they'd have been in Senegal's half of the Knockout draw, so this then wouldnt be the Final.
  • Options
    Penalties it is then.

Christ, this tourno has been really hard work.

Is it the heat do you think?
  • Options
    Gotta fancy Egypt now it's at penalties.
  • Options
    Penalties it is then.

Not been a classic has it? 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Why did Salah not take one earlier for Egypt?
  • Options
    Penalties it is then.

I was looking forward to finding some new talent.
    I just found myself looking at the crowd for inspiration.
    Some great comedy glasses 🤓 

Happy that Senegal have beat the peno experts though 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • Options
    Huge balls from Mane to take that pen, and what a fucking beautiful penalty it was 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Why did Salah not take one earlier for Egypt?
    Bizarre decision for me. Leaving your most reliable striker until you might be out of the tournament already - weird. 
  • Options
    Fair result I think. Egypt were great defensively but Senegal had the best of the game. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Teams have got to rethink their strategy of putting their best player on the fifth penalty haven’t they? I understand it’s most likely to be the highest pressure kick but if you don’t even get to take one it counts for nothing.

Only 1,2,3 are guaranteed to take one. Surely you put your best takers early (with perhaps the best at #3 ?) then go with the experienced heads for pens 4 and 5.
  • Options
    Penalties it is then.

I was looking forward to finding some new talent.
    I just found myself looking at the crowd for inspiration.
    Some great comedy glasses 🤓 

Happy that Senegal have beat the peno experts though 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
    I was particularly impressed with the whole block that did The Haarlem Shuffle for two hours non stop.
  • Options
    Teams have got to rethink their strategy of putting their best player on the fifth penalty haven’t they? I understand it’s most likely to be the highest pressure kick but if you don’t even get to take one it counts for nothing.
    You want the coolest head rather than the best penalty taker bringing up the rear.
  • Options
    Great scene's to greet the team back in Senegal:

https://twitter.com/johnbennettbbc/status/1490788624413167618?s=21