Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AFCON 2022

Comments

• Options
    Mali 20/1 e/w looks a shout. That price will come in nicely if they get a result against Tunisia.

Incredibly strong in WC qualifying. 11 scored and none conceded. Admittedly not super strong competition but that should see them notch six group points against Gambia and Mauritania. 
    Mali top of their group with 7 points - with a dodgy win over Tunisia helping along the way.

A potential quarter final with Senegal could be troublesome but now best price 10/1.
  • Options
    Ivory Coast v Egypt has to be the pick of the last 16 ties.
  • Options
    Next matches to be played January 23rd.

On January 22nd, CAF will hold the draw for the final stage of their World Cup qualifying.

Ten teams will decide five spots over two legs, home and away.

Pot 1: Senegal, Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Nigeria
    Pot 2: Egypt, Cameroon, Ghana, Mali, DR Congo
  • Options
    Nigeria win it for me, when they played Egypt felt their team was too good. Egypt on the other hand look weak bar Salah, cant say i have watched much more than that game so literally would be punting on one game lol 
  • Options
    Nigeria win it for me, when they played Egypt felt their team was too good. Egypt on the other hand look weak bar Salah, cant say i have watched much more than that game so literally would be punting on one game lol 
    Yes if it goes to form then the semis should be Nigeria v Senegal and Cameroon v Ivory Coast.

You're right, Egypt are basically Salah and 10 others. They don't score many but are generally strong defensively.
  • Options
    Comoros are going to have to face Cameroon tomorrow without a recognised Goalkeeper

First Choice got injured in their final Group game, the other two both have COVID

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/60104273
  • Options
    Comoros are going to have to face Cameroon tomorrow without a recognised Goalkeeper

First Choice got injured in their final Group game, the other two both have COVID

Reckon they're plucky enough to win tbh. Thought they were very good in previous games
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

Reckon they're plucky enough to win tbh. Thought they were very good in previous games
    No recognised keeper, a few others missing with covid as well, away to the host nation who've looked pretty good so far. Cameroon would be big favourites even if Comoros were full strength, so i'd say they don't really have a prayer.
  • Options
    One of the favourites Nigeria are currently 1-0 down to Tunisia and Iwobi just got sent off 5 minutes after coming on.
  • Options
    this football is just as bad as Watching us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gribbo said:

No recognised keeper, a few others missing with covid as well, away to the host nation who've looked pretty good so far. Cameroon would be big favourites even if Comoros were full strength, so i'd say they don't really have a prayer.
    I know, but this is AFCON we're talking about lol
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:

I know, but this is AFCON we're talking about lol
    A fair point and in all honesty based on some of the goalkeeping i've seen so far, i'm wondering how much worse the outfield player will actually be.
  • Options

Comoros goalkeeper Ali Ahamada will not be able to play their Africa Cup of Nations last-16 tie against Cameroon on Monday despite testing negative for Covid-19 on the morning of the game.

A media officer from organiser the Confederation of African Football (Caf) told BBC Sport Africa that the 30-year-old had not fulfilled its protocols.

The Indian Ocean islanders are now set to play without a recognised keeper.

Salim Ben Boina (shoulder) and Moyadh Ousseini (Covid-19) are also out.

Ahamada and midfielder Yacine Bourhane, who also tested negative on Monday morning, had also hoped to rejoin the Comoros squad for the game against the Indomitable Lions. But Caf rules state a player who tests positive for coronavirus must isolate for five days before taking another PCR test 48 hours before his side's next match.

• Options

Comoros goalkeeper Ali Ahamada will not be able to play their Africa Cup of Nations last-16 tie against Cameroon on Monday despite testing negative for Covid-19 on the morning of the game.

A media officer from organiser the Confederation of African Football (Caf) told BBC Sport Africa that the 30-year-old had not fulfilled its protocols.

The Indian Ocean islanders are now set to play without a recognised keeper.

Salim Ben Boina (shoulder) and Moyadh Ousseini (Covid-19) are also out.

Ahamada and midfielder Yacine Bourhane, who also tested negative on Monday morning, had also hoped to rejoin the Comoros squad for the game against the Indomitable Lions. But Caf rules state a player who tests positive for coronavirus must isolate for five days before taking another PCR test 48 hours before his side's next match.

Surely if he's negative he's negative?
  • Options
    And some people wonder why this tournament gets ridiculed, it's a complete circus.
  • Options
    Gambia 5 minutes plus injury time away from continuing their fairytale into the quarter finals
  • Options
    And as I post that they go down to 10 men
  • Options
    Great result.

Looking forward to the next game, should be entertaining 
  • Options
    Oh dear... Comoros have a Left-Back in Goal

and are now down to ten men after just five mins - Red Card to the ex-Millwall player
  • Options
    Thought it was the right decision tbh.

Piss myself if they nick this
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got to feel for the Comoros Goalkeeper

Poor bloke is having to wear one of the Goalkeeper jersey's, but they've stuck his No.3 on the back over it

Looks a proper botch job that his Mum has done for him as a school project
  • Options
    Would love then to win.
  • Options
    Oh dear... Cameroon 1-0 Comoros

If they keep it on target its going to be a cricket score against that poor bloke
  • Options
    Ohhh it should be 1-1!! - Two great saves (back to back) from Cameroon Goalkeeper
  • Options
    Nice double save from the left back 😂
  • Options
    Worst throw-in I've ever seen.
  • Options
    He’s gotta do better there, stayed on his line and turned sideways 
  • Options
    Fuckin goal!!!!
  • Options
    What a goal that is 
  • Options
    Sign him up.