Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AFCON 2022

Comments

• Options
    Another game finishes 1-0, thought Nigeria looked decent but Egypt weren’t great. Both will likely qualify from the group.
  • Options
    6 games so far.

2-1 (with 2 penalties)
    1-0
    1-0
    1-0
    1-0
    0-0
    When 4 of the 6 3rd place teams go through it encourages draws and low risk.
  • Options
    What have I just witnessed 

Ref blew the Full time whistle after 85 minutes.

He was then told it was a bit early so played on, he  blew it again after 89 minutes and 50 seconds.

This despite 2 lengthy VAR checks and a water break.

Either the ref has a prior engagement or there is some corruption going on
    Probably had an email from an African Prince that had 100b to give away, in return for a favour. 
  • Options
    My friend's daughters other half in The Gambia squad so gonna root for them. They got Mauritania today 
  • Options
    Blatant corruption.

The whole thing is Sunday league level.
  • Options
    and to think Ian Wright says the  competition is not given the respect it deserves
  • Options

He was then told it was a bit early so played on, he  blew it again after 89 minutes and 50 seconds.

Apparently match is going to replayed for 3 mins. It’s like when you leave work early and say you will make up the time, and they actually expect you to do it.
  • Options
    Probably the most exciting thing that’s happened in the tournament so far to be fair!
  • Options
    Be interesting to know how many people in Africa watched the Euros last year? Were they interested?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Apparently match is going to replayed for 3 mins. It’s like when you leave work early and say you will make up the time, and they actually expect you to do it.
    Get in 5 minutes early,but spend an hour in the toilet playing football manager then go for your hours lunch
  • Options
    This is parody ffs
  • Options
    Tunisia blew the last 3 minutes out.

Appeal incoming 
  • Options
    If our games in the Championship had ended three minutes early we wouldn't have been relegated.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    and to think Ian Wright says the  competition is not given the respect it deserves
    Tbf I think he's got a point, insofar as international representation is in many schools of thought regarded as the pinnacle of football. Yes AFCON is both yearly, and takes places during the club season - but it's an international tournament.

That all said... this has been bizarre. The CAF's own YouTube stream of one of the games a couple of days ago was taken down for infringing CAF copyright. It then happened again yesterday!

And then there was the team photo where one of the geezers is wearing a massive watch, which... just looked hilarious.

Now we've got the press conference being interrupted to play the final three minutes of a game - absolutely amazing.

Not even started on the Sierra Leone keeper but that was hilarious too.
  • Options
    The sales of envelopes have gone up in Cameroon. 
  • Options
    I’ve just watched the second half in total disbelief. The subs took forever and the last 15 minutes was so stop start. Should have been 10 minutes injury time. Time keeping should be done by an off field official like in virtually every other sport. 
  • Options
    6 games so far.

2-1 (with 2 penalties)
    1-0
    1-0
    1-0
    1-0
    0-0
    Update:

10 games so far.

2-1
    Two 0-0
    Seven 1-0

10 goals in 10 games. 4 of them penalties.
  • Options
    The Gambia game put off till 16:45
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Swisdom said:
    Tbf I think he's got a point, insofar as international representation is in many schools of thought regarded as the pinnacle of football. Yes AFCON is both yearly, and takes places during the club season - but it's an international tournament.

That all said... this has been bizarre. The CAF's own YouTube stream of one of the games a couple of days ago was taken down for infringing CAF copyright. It then happened again yesterday!

And then there was the team photo where one of the geezers is wearing a massive watch, which... just looked hilarious.

Now we've got the press conference being interrupted to play the final three minutes of a game - absolutely amazing.

It’s so amateurish.  That’s why I can’t stand it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mali 20/1 e/w looks a shout. That price will come in nicely if they get a result against Tunisia.

Incredibly strong in WC qualifying. 11 scored and none conceded. Admittedly not super strong competition but that should see them notch six group points against Gambia and Mauritania. 
    Putting aside the weird circumstances surrounding the game, that’s a big result for Mali who should top their group from here.

Now best price 12/1
  • Options
    National anthems not working on this game now 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Swisdom said:

It’s so amateurish.  That’s why I can’t stand it
    Welcome to AFCON. It's generally a shambles, awful football, terrible pitches, hardly any goals........but that's all part of the attraction.
  • Options
    Gambia fans bringing the party. Big fan of their kit.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Good quality goal, number 10 Barrow who plays for Bologna sent two players for a hot dog, and lovely finish from outside the box.
  • Options
    National anthems not working on this game now 
    They played the wrong national anthem for Mauritania TWICE and then gave up and asked the players to sing it without any music. What a tournament!
  • Options
    Not seeing any diving so far, which is nice
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Good quality goal, number 10 Barrow who plays for Bologna sent two players for a hot dog, and lovely finish from outside the box.
    Ended 1-0, the 8th in 11 games.

Ivory Coast just gone 1-0 up early through Max Gradel. They have some decent strength in depth, Pepe and Zaha on the bench, they'd walk into most other African nations first teams.
  • Options
    Awful watch so far. 
  • Options
    Ivory Coast win 1-0.

The 9th 1-0 in 12 games.