Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PSA Testing on Sat 19th Feb v Oxford - Booked out, but you can order home test kits

Comments

• Options
    Just a reminder that the fundraising is, by looking at the website, about £1400 short so do pop a few quid in if you can.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Crusty54 said:
    Amazed to wake up to find an email to say that I can see my result on line.

Same here, green. (1.3)
  • Options
    Green here, very quick 
  • Options
    Green (1.54) here too in windy Bexley.

So well organised at The Valley yesterday, in and out in a few minutes.

Huge thanks to Tracy and all involved :):smile:
  • Options
    Had the test at 14.00 yesterday and the results in my inbox at 08.07 today - very impressive turnaround. I did panic a little thinking something needed flagging up ASAP but result all good (0.43).
  • Options
    Really impressive turnaround, green as well 0.67. Well done to everyone involved
  • Options
    Very impressive to have a result already. 1.07 for a 66 yo is pleasing 😊

I really hope that everyone gets good news.
  • Options
    Which one is the score - the PSA number or the free to total ratio ?
  • Options
    Which one is the score - the PSA number or the free to total ratio ?
    It's explained on the result page.
  • Options
    0.42 my result for an unfit 51 year old 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very impressive results service. Thanks toTracey and all who helped organise.  
  • Options
    Couldn’t be better yesterday. Straight in and out. Got to talk to Scott Minto and heckle Curbs. And a result this morning of .51. Great work to all involved especially the ever smiling Tracey.  On,y thing that scared me other than Oxford going forward was my result had an amber background but I found a green result 
  • Options
    Although I have a blood test every year, my doctor just tells me everything is normal. It is really better to see the results in the written form with the guide lines for each age group and to get the results in less than 24hours, normally have to wait 2 weeks to get results from the doctor. Well done to Tracy and everybody else who organised. If you have not donated please do so ASAP. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    No events planned near me at the moment and getting in to see my doc is harder than breaking into Fort Knox so have ordered a home test. Last time, 3 years ago, was around 1.0 so fingers crossed around the same this time.

Speaking of fingers anyone got a link to a diy guide to DRE. Just asking for the wife...
  • Options
    The initiative inspired me to get a self-test kit as I was unable to attend The Valley on Saturday. It is one of those things I have never quite got round to. Fantastic service.
  • Options
    DA9. Have a look at the end mate. I walked in with him as well. Must be his good looks.
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    DA9. Have a look at the end mate. I walked in with him as well. Must be his good looks.
    Lol, no doubt he was trying to chat her up 😂😂
    So glad he did it, hopefully will be seeing him on Saturday so will ask him how he got on.

On a serious note, please, please please gents, get yourselves tested in general.
    I’ve not had a PSA test, but I did have other tests just before Xmas due to other issues, thank the lord that I did, they discovered a small tumour, later diagnosed with stage II cancer.
    Thankfully they said it was caught early, and after an operation in mid January and subsequent tests and scans I am all ok. I am starting a small course of chemotherapy next week just as a precaution to tidy things up, but I know I am one of the lucky ones, a lifer on here has a Charlton pal who has recently been diagnosed terminal. 
    I was never in pain or discomfort before my diagnosis, and it was something relatively trivial that led me down the path to my diagnosis.
    So I implore you, no matter how strong, well or fit you think you are, go and get tested, it really could be a life saver. 
    Can only reiterate what is said here,prior to my PSA test at the Valley,3 years ago I felt fit as a fiddle,wallop a red letter,caught early,no drastic surgery and now 6 monthly checks,said it before on here,if you think you are immune to this,well my friends you are not,get tested.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wow, good luck @DA9 mate 
  • Options
    Wow, good luck @DA9 mate 
    Thanks Dan 
  • Options
    Wow, good luck @DA9 mate 
    Second that me ol’ mucker 😘😘♥️♥️
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    All the very best to you DA9……and to all of you who got red or amber test results.
    What a fantastic project this has turned out to be, without question lives will have been saved and as an ongoing annual scheme, more will be saved further down the line. 👍
    Well done to all those involved, bless you all.
  • Options
    Wow, good luck @DA9 mate 
    Second that me ol’ mucker 😘😘♥️♥️
    Thank you x
  • Options
    All the very best @DA9
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Lol, no doubt he was trying to chat her up 😂😂
    So glad he did it, hopefully will be seeing him on Saturday so will ask him how he got on.

On a serious note, please, please please gents, get yourselves tested in general.
    I’ve not had a PSA test, but I did have other tests just before Xmas due to other issues, thank the lord that I did, they discovered a small tumour, later diagnosed with stage II cancer.
    Thankfully they said it was caught early, and after an operation in mid January and subsequent tests and scans I am all ok. I am starting a small course of chemotherapy next week just as a precaution to tidy things up, but I know I am one of the lucky ones, a lifer on here has a Charlton pal who has recently been diagnosed terminal. 
    I was never in pain or discomfort before my diagnosis, and it was something relatively trivial that led me down the path to my diagnosis.
    So I implore you, no matter how strong, well or fit you think you are, go and get tested, it really could be a life saver. 
    Great post DA and re your personal story all the best for the future mate, sounds like you caught it in good time.
  • Options
    Just sent off my home test on the back of being moved to order one by this thread.
    All us old gits should be doing this, at least for peace of mind.