Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread (+ post-match p.13): Charlton vs MK Dons | Pappy John's Trophy | Tues 4th Jan 2022, 7pm

Comments

• Henry starting well. I hadn't realised Morgan was suspended
  • Great ball in from Leko... Burstow cant quite control it and Kirk was under too much pressure to get to it himself. 
  • Leko struggling
    Injury or poor game ?
    Went down with a foot injury but think he's back on his feet now.
  • Leko struggling
    Injury or poor game ?
    Just had the physio on
  • CBT makes a slightly ungainly clearance on the edge of our area, and we end up getting a throw.
  • Harness clears under pressure, Burstow picks it up in the centre circle, nearly makes a lovely pass wide to CBT but it's intercepted.
  • When is JFC due back into the fold?
  • PS passes back to Harness, but he slices his clearance into the Curbside.
  • Nice bit of work between Matthews, Leko and CBT to win and retain posession down our right.
  • Sponsored links:

• He's not having a particularly bad game, but if its to instruction I wish Kirk would stop getting the ball to feet... It forces him backwards as he doesnt turn like Jaiyesimi.

Almost needs the ball to run on to. 

Bit like what we always wanted to see Rommedahl do
  • aliwibble said:
    Nice bit of work between Matthews, Leko and CBT to win and retain posession down our right.
    You are doing a great job, Ali. 

Thanks!

• CBT and MK defender get in a little tussle near the far RH corner flag. Defender drops to the floor then picks himself up as ref gives nothing.
  • Watson concedes a free kick midway in their half, but nothing much comes of it.
  • 24: Space opens up for Bird, 25 yards from goal. He has a go and isn’t too far away with his bending effort.
  • MK have a shot from distance which spoons over the bar.
  • A bit of slightly worrying pissing about in our own area, but we eventually get the ball away.
  • 25: Darling gets an important right foot to Jonathan Leko’s low cross.
  • ross1 said:
    24: Space opens up for Bird, 25 yards from goal. He has a go and isn’t too far away with his bending effort.
    Hmmm... Opposition bias, was always going over
  • Sponsored links:

• Great interception from Matthews, plays Leko in down the right, but his cross towards Burstow is blocked.
  • 26: Bird with a terrific ball through to Eisa as #MKDons break forward. The angle is tight for Eisa, whose shot is deflected behind for a corner.
  • MK come down on the counter and Inniss blocks the shot to concede a corner from our left.
  • Worryingly, 25+ mins in and no one looking impressive or claiming a stake in the first team squad!

all a bit uninspiring 
  • ross1 said:
    24: Space opens up for Bird, 25 yards from goal. He has a go and isn’t too far away with his bending effort.
    Hmmm... Opposition bias, was always going over
    24' Bird curls over for the visitors from range.
  • Ooooh almost a perfect pass from Kirk
  • Ooooh almost a perfect pass from Kirk
    Its Kirk so... "Another poor pass from Kirk" ;) 
  • Harness with a slightly flappy punch gets it clear, and we break. CBT has his shirt pulled (ref plays advantage?) and Kirk crosses to Leko but he can't quite make a decent contact with it.
  • Nice bit of defensive work from Matthews, shame we can't say the same about the attempted crossfield ball to Kirk.
  • He's not having a particularly bad game, but if its to instruction I wish Kirk would stop getting the ball to feet... It forces him backwards as he doesnt turn like Jaiyesimi.

Almost needs the ball to run on to. 

Bit like what we always wanted to see Rommedahl do
    I think passing to feet has often proved to be our Achilles heel this season. I've noted quite a few times that we've stopped ourselves in our tracks and given the opposition the chance to get back and defend.