Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread (+ post-match p.13): Charlton vs MK Dons | Pappy John's Trophy | Tues 4th Jan 2022, 7pm

Comments

• is there a charlton tv show for this or is it just the match like previously?
  • is there a charlton tv show for this or is it just the match like previously?
    Just the match only
  • You can tell how important this match is ..... the Mods on here refuse to make it a Sticky! :smile:

• Oggy Red said:
    You can tell how important this match is ..... the Mods on here refuse to make it a Sticky! :smile:
    Hadn't refused, just hadn't got round to it yet. I always forget these are a 7 o'clock kick off, so you're lucky it got done this early to be honest.
  • Honestly thought that given the play offs appear to be done now that we might've had more of a go at this competition. Looking at some of the other lineups tonight, Wigan, Rotherham and Bolton all seem to have named strong sides, although admittedly Wigan haven't played for a fortnight.
  • Live commentary available on Talksport 2
  • edited January 2022
    aliwibble said:
    Oggy Red said:
    You can tell how important this match is ..... the Mods on here refuse to make it a Sticky! :smile:
    Hadn't refused, just hadn't got round to it yet. I always forget these are a 7 o'clock kick off, so you're lucky it got done this early to be honest.
    'Twas very much tongue in cheek, Ali.

And anyway it was aimed playfully at our esteemed Leaders, one of whom is probably still at work and the other usually in the bar at the ground. :smiley:

• Ryan Innis to score anytime- 25-1 on Betfair . 
    50-1 first or last with Skybet has my cash. Gunter is the same price.
  • Slightly surprised Famewo isn't involved, seeing that he can't play against Norwich
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2022
    I think this is a big game for Kirk to be honest. 
    He needs to reproduce his form at Crewe .
    Kirk needs to relax, get out on the pitch and try to enjoy it.

Result doesnt 100% matter, so needs to take the pressure off himself.

One of the issues could be he's trying too hard and is getting more and more frustrated which is damaging his confidence.

Bit like Gilbey last year
  • Ryan Innis to score anytime- 25-1 on Betfair . 
    Good bet if it means exactly  that. Anytime in his career .
    Hilarious as usual. 
  • Slightly surprised Famewo isn't involved, seeing that he can't play against Norwich
    Is that confirmed that he can't play?
  • AndyG said:
    No Morgan so maybe he is off ?
    Swop deal for Kyle Dempsey.
    Is that confirmed that he can't play?
    It would be madness for him to play against his parent club
  • A reminder that if the scores are level after 90 minutes, we will go straight to a penalty shoot-out.

• KICK-OFF | 1' Leko gets the ball rolling in SE7...
  • Leuth said:
    4-4-2 is the only way I can see that working, unless CBT is playing in the midfield 3
    Or Kirk, as it's turned out 
  • MK Dons have Burstow at LCB in a 3-4-3 on their feed. Crafty
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    4-4-2 is the only way I can see that working, unless CBT is playing in the midfield 3
    Or Kirk, as it's turned out 

Nathan Harness starts in goal, with the returning Matthews and Inniss accompanied by Chris Gunter in Jackson’s back-three.

Blackett-Taylor and Pape Souaré are expected to occupy wing-back roles with Aaron Henry, captain Ben Watson and Charlie Kirk manning the midfield, behind a front two of Jonathan Leko and Mason Burstow.

• Oggy Red said:
    aliwibble said:
    Oggy Red said:
    'Twas very much tongue in cheek, Ali.

And anyway it was aimed playfully at our esteemed Leaders, one of whom is probably still at work and the other usually in the bar at the ground. :smiley:

So was mine Oggy, forgot the smiley.
  • 2: Good break forward by Kasumu starts #MKDons’ first attack. It eventually comes back to the midfielder, who drills wide from the edge of the D.
  • Yeah well I can't read okay
  • Watson concedes a free kick midway in the MK half, they try to take it from the centre circle but the ref forces them to go back.
  • 6: Boateng over the top for Eisa and Bird to chase. The latter is closer to it but it’s gathered by Nathan Harness.

• Our passing is pretty shoddy so far, and MK have most of the possession. Henry concedes a free kick midway in our half.
  • edited January 2022
    Five other games tonight... four kicked off alongside us at 7pm, Sutton and Colchester start at 7:45pm.

Harrogate 1-0 Carlisle

All other games 0-0 so far.

Arsenal v Chelsea is next week. Cambridge v Exeter/Portsmouth will be scheduled for later in the month.
  • Matthews heads back to Harness, and we're playing across the back 3. Ball down to CBT evades him and we concede a throw near the dugouts.