Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread (+ post-match p.13): Charlton vs MK Dons | Pappy John's Trophy | Tues 4th Jan 2022, 7pm

Comments

• Oggy Red said:
    You can tell how important this match is ..... the Mods on here refuse to make it a Sticky! :smile:

Sorry mate, fell asleep on the beach.
  • Incredible atmosphere at this one. A cauldron
  • I think this is a big game for Kirk to be honest. 
    He needs to reproduce his form at Crewe .
    Second sentence is ambiguous. If we can't get the form he had whilst at Crewe, I don't think there'd be too much argument that he should go back to replicate it.
  • Inniss flattens an MK player on the halfway line, ref plays advantage, but MK eventually have to put the ball out to give him treatment
  • edited January 2022
    Continues to impress me from the game against them earlier in the season, that Milton Keynes have kept the same football philosophy with both Russell Martin and now Manning as Manager.

Even more so with the latter coming in so late in the summer.

Could have been so easy to suggest a whole new style 
  • It must be so boring, CAFC Twitter has not made any comment so far, luckily I am getting some from MK
  • Leuth said:
    Incredible atmosphere at this one. A cauldron
    Been suffering from auditory hallucinations long Leuth?
  • 9: Eisa is scythed down on half-way. Referee plays advantage but with Eisa still down, #MKDons kick it out of play. Ryan Inniss, who committed the foul, escapes with just a talking to.
  • Bloody trains
  • They keep the ball very well do Milton Keynes (as shown by their passing stats on the other thread) - Never seem to rush and are extremely patient on the ball, almost wait for the opposition to get frustrated at not having the ball for so long and then exploit the gaps that get created as a result. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Crewe 1-0 Rotherham
  • Play's restarted and we have possession on the left. Burstow loses the ball near the edge of the area, tries hard to get it back, but concedes a free kick midway in their half doing so.
  • Continues to impress me from the game against them earlier in the season, that Milton Keynes have kept the same football philosophy with both Russell Martin and now Manning as Manager.

They clearly wanted a manager who plays the same style. It served Swansea very well when they rose up the divisions, 
  • 12: Jules does brilliantly on half-way to win possession and then drive forward. He finds Eisa, who takes a shot on but has it blocked by a defender.
  • Continues to impress me from the game against them earlier in the season, that Milton Keynes have kept the same football philosophy with both Russell Martin and now Manning as Manager.

They clearly wanted a manager who plays the same style. It served Swansea very well when they rose up the divisions, 
    No surprise that of all the clubs linked with O'Reilly and Twine...

Its Swansea who want them

• 13' Kasumu is booked for a foul on Henry. #cafc 0 #MKDons 0
  • Great bit of battling play to nick the ball near the MK penalty area after their keeper tries to pass out, and he gets his shirt pulled and wins us a free kick about 5 yards outside their area.

• 13: Kasumu brings down Aaron Henry, 5-10 yards outside the box. Free-kick to Charlton and a yellow card for the #MKDons number eight.
  • ross1 said:
    It must be so boring, CAFC Twitter has not made any comment so far, luckily I am getting some from MK

LoOkOuT said:
    Oggy Red said:
    You can tell how important this match is ..... the Mods on here refuse to make it a Sticky! :smile:

Sorry mate, fell asleep on the beach.
    They are on the beach with @LoOkOuT :smile:

• Henry takes the free kick which looks like it goes through the wall and the keeper claims.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good play from Henry to anticipate what Kasumu was going to do. Forced the MK no. 8 to concede the foul and the yellow card.
  • Henry did really well to read that interception 

Would have been a great opportunity had he not been fouled. 
  • One of the MK players gets dumped to the floor in the centre circle but the ref gives nothing.
  • Leko struggling
  • 16: Important block by Watson to deny Charlie Kirk. Ben Watson follows up with a shot but it’s deflected into the arms of Ravizzoli.
  • Ooh! CBT played down the right, Burstow can't guite control the cross and the ball comes out, and we have a shot from distance. And now Leko's down injured.
  • 15' A quiet opening 15 minutes here at The Valley...
  • Leko struggling
    Oh, merde.

He's only just got over injury, then Covid at Christmas.

• Leko struggling
    Injury or poor game ?
  • Back in play, their keeper kicks out and we have a throw near the LH corner flag.