Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread (+ post-match p.13): Charlton vs MK Dons | Pappy John's Trophy | Tues 4th Jan 2022, 7pm

Comments

• I think he's had a few injuries but hasn't really shone when watching the U23s.
  • Blooming marvellous 🤩 
  • I think there's more fight in our current squad than we've seen in a several years, even if we're not always as skillful.
  • Overall enjoyable evening. Treated as a friendly so wouldn’t have been overly annoyed if we lost. Thought everyone played well, don’t think most would have shown Jacko they are better than the current first 11.

Remember watching Innis at start of the season and his inability to break into a sprint showed he wasn’t fit. None of that last night and was diving into tackles showing that he felt confident with his fitness level.

Watson showed that he can still play a part this season. Burstow looks the real deal as a striker. 

Good performances from CBT, Matthews, Gunter, Kirk etc. Do I want them anyone to come into the starting 11 anytime soon. A definitive no, and that’s our current problem.

If we get a home draw, it would be nice to have a higher attendance than last night.1.5k home fans. Hoping it would be double for the next game.
  • The Quarter Final draw of the Papa John’s Trophy will take place live on TalkSPORT on Thursday 6 January on the Jim White and Simon Jordan show.

Taking place between 11am-11:30am

• Sponsored links:

• Pleased for those who attended and those who played well - hope we keep the same team throughout in this and don't start dropping players out as we get closer to a final - treat it as a reserve game - still not interested in attending if we get to Wembley - going to Wembley should be for special occassions. 
  • RedPanda said:
    Harrogate away please
    I guess the last thing Jacko wants is a long midweek trip up North.

• edited January 2022
    Not a classic but still fairly enjoyable. 

One piece of a great acceleration from Burstow which laid on a great chance for Leko just further proof this boy could be something special.

And oh yes. Our name is clearly on the cup this year after Souare's push wasn't given as a penalty! Absolutely blatant penalty. 
    Don’t fully agree. He got a bit too close to the fella, and there was a tiny push, but it wasn’t enough for him to go sprawling like he did. If he hadn’t made it so obvious some refs would have given it, but I was glad this one had the balls to see that it was basically a dive, despite the little push. Seen ‘em given of course. 
    Thought the game was overall pretty poor (although I quite enjoyed it), but it was a good opportunity for the likes of Henry and Ness to gain some experience, and some very useful minutes for Inniss. 
    Was disappointed that Kirk didn’t grab his chance though.
  • Baffling chant of the night was "oh Milton Keynes....is wonderful!", from the handful of MK fans who made the trip.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Pleased for those who attended and those who played well - hope we keep the same team throughout in this and don't start dropping players out as we get closer to a final - treat it as a reserve game - still not interested in attending if we get to Wembley - going to Wembley should be for special occasions. 
    Our trophy cabinet isn’t exactly overflowing, so I’ll be there if we make it, even though it’ll be nothing like our last visit of course. 
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Baffling chant of the night was "oh Milton Keynes....is wonderful!", from the handful of MK fans who made the trip.
    It's full of tits, fanny (not fanackpan) and roundabouts?
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Baffling chant of the night was "oh Milton Keynes....is wonderful!", from the handful of MK fans who made the trip.
    Having stayed in MK last year, I quite liked it and was pleasantly surprised! 
  • Is Milton Keynes essentially a new town built around the older place called Bletchley (or something?).
  • seth plum said:
    Is Milton Keynes essentially a new town built around the older place called Bletchley (or something?).
    It is, built in the 60s, which is why it feels like a place built with SimCity. 
  • seth plum said:
    Is Milton Keynes essentially a new town built around the older place called Bletchley (or something?).
    There were a couple of other towns that got incorporated into it as well, so the planners named it after an obscure village because calling it Bletchley would have annoyed the residents of the other places. Or at least that's the story that circulated locally.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2022
    Was there, and it was absolutely freezing.

The game was tedious for the most part. Still very happy to qualify and really want us to get to the Final.

Highlight was hearing about 30 MK Dons fans singing “No One Likes Us”
  • Really good striker’s goal from Leko.
  • Really glad we decided to go to this one. 

Very decent game & a late late goal from the Addicks ....what's not to like ?

Looking forward to tomorrow's draw.
  • Scenes.  The cup pinnacle of my Charlton supporting career!
    Were you not at the Full Members Cup Final??
  • great to win it in the dying seconds. Hopefully we can do the same soon in an actual meaningful match. 
  • seth plum said:
    There were a couple of other towns that got incorporated into it as well, so the planners named it after an obscure village because calling it Bletchley would have annoyed the residents of the other places. Or at least that's the story that circulated locally.
    It's basically a whole new town, filling the area between Wolverton and Bletchley, and with other existing villages at the edge. Stony Stratford for example is very nice
    I missed that, but nothing will ever top seeing Charlton draw at Millwall in the Anglo Italian Cup
    That was a dismal day to forget - miserable turnout by Charlton fans as well
    a very sad affair and one i don't want to repeat 
  • cafctom said:
    Was there, and it was absolutely freezing.

The game was tedious for the most part. Still very happy to qualify and really want us to get to the Final.

Highlight was hearing about 30 MK Dons fans singing “No One Likes Us”
    How does the rest of that chant go.. "we don't care. We are Milton, super Milton, we are Milton of the dons"??