Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread (+ post-match p.13): Charlton vs MK Dons | Pappy John's Trophy | Tues 4th Jan 2022, 7pm

Comments

• I’m looking forward to the quarter finals, with all the toppings.
  • Rothko said:
    Still regional till the final isn’t it? 
    Nope - We can draw anyone from the Quarter-Finals onwards now
  • Well as ever I’ve enjoyed everyone of these games.  
  • Quarter finalists:

Charlton
    Harrogate
    Hartlepool
    Rotherham
    Wigan
    Colchester/Sutton (Sutton 2-1 Colchester after 60 mins played)
    Arsenal U21s/Chelsea U21s (played next week)
    Cambridge/Exeter/Portsmouth (played later this month after Exeter v Portsmouth this weekend)

Good opportunity to draw Harrogate or Sutton away for a new ground. 
    Can be Sutton, can’t be Harrogate
  • LoOkOuT said:
    I’m looking forward to the quarter finals, with all the toppings.

Extra pepperoni for me please @LoOkOuT B)
  • edited January 2022
    Rothko said:
    Quarter finalists:

Charlton
    Harrogate
    Hartlepool
    Rotherham
    Wigan
    Colchester/Sutton (Sutton 2-1 Colchester after 60 mins played)
    Arsenal U21s/Chelsea U21s (played next week)
    Cambridge/Exeter/Portsmouth (played later this month after Exeter v Portsmouth this weekend)

Good opportunity to draw Harrogate or Sutton away for a new ground. 
    Can be Sutton, can’t be Harrogate
    It can be any of the seven other sides - the draw isn't regionalised from the last eight onwards.

Wigan away it'll be...
  • The EFL Trophy quarter-final draw is live on talkSPORT on Thursday between 11am-11.30am. Ties to be played the week commencing January 24. #cafc

— Richard Cawley (@RichCawleySLP) January 4, 2022
  • Can Arsenal or Chelsea play their matches at home from now on?
  • Sponsored links:

• We aren’t going up or down might as well have a crack

Home draw or Sutton away
  • It's an open draw now, no longer regionalised.

Hoping for Hartlepool or Harrogate at home. We'll probably get Rotherham or Wigan away.
  • When's the draw ?

Can't wait to find out we're playing Wigan, Rotherham or Exeter.
    Sorry to disappoint, Golfie. We're not even going to play Aston Villa kiddies again.

• LoOkOuT said:
    Someone has to win this cup, might as well be us.
    Thanks, Curbs.

• I'd defo go to Wembley if we got there! Bit of a shit tournament but Wembley is Wembley! 
  • Harrogate away please
  • The EFL Trophy quarter-final draw is live on talkSPORT on Thursday between 11am-11.30am. Ties to be played the week commencing January 24. #cafc

— Richard Cawley (@RichCawleySLP) January 4, 2022
    So that's another midweek we can't play the Wimbledon or Gillingham games
  • Sponsored links:

• It's an open draw now, no longer regionalised.

Hoping for Hartlepool or Harrogate at home. We'll probably get Rotherham or Wigan away.
    Let's face it, whoever is left in shouldn't pose a problem... B)
  • I'd defo go to Wembley if we got there! Bit of a shit tournament but Wembley is Wembley! 
    Precisely. As would everyone else (OK maybe 99%) of those who say they wouldn't. 
  • Rothko said:
    Still regional till the final isn’t it? 
    No.

5.1.4 Quarter Finals. (i) The eight winners from the Round of 16 will contest the quarter-finals. (ii) Quarter-final pairings are determined by means of an unseeded draw. There will be no regionalisation of the draw. (iii) The Club drawn first is the Home Club. (iv) Matches will be of ninety minutes duration, with no extra time. If the scores are level then the winners shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with procedures as approved by IFAB.
  • lovely  to get a win in a cup .. there are a lot of good teams left in the competition, let's hope for a good home draw

Precisely. As would everyone else (OK maybe 99%) of those who say they wouldn't. 
    I'll save my money for the Play-Off Final a few months later B)
    I'm saving my money for the FA Cup Final

Well you started it  ;)
    Oh WELL DONE!! - When Norwich beat us on Sunday they'll be able to say that your comment motivated them to the win

It'll be like Brazil at the 2002 World Cup all over again
  • LoOkOuT said:
    Thanks everyone, let’s keep the post-match thread here.
    Yay! I love it when I start a thread ...... and after 17,000 views, management decide to keep it running. :blush: