Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread (+ post-match p.13): Charlton vs MK Dons | Pappy John's Trophy | Tues 4th Jan 2022, 7pm

Comments

• edited January 2022
    LoOkOuT said:
    Was perfect to go through on a late goal. Penalties would have been torturous.
    I was more happy that its my sons first day back at school tomorrow and I didn’t want him having too late a night by the time he gets home!
  • Oh man, was hoping to win the southern final, pah, this national stuff will never catch on 
  • I'd defo go to Wembley if we got there! Bit of a shit tournament but Wembley is Wembley! 
    Precisely. As would everyone else (OK maybe 99%) of those who say they wouldn't. 
    I'll save my money for the Play-Off Final a few months later B)
    I'm saving my money for the FA Cup Final

Well you started it  ;)
    Ahhh, but what if both are relevant...Mmmm...have I finished it  B)
  • AndyG said:
    Youngsters all stepped up tonight. As I said earlier I'm not too proud to say I would love us to win this and really dont understand people that say they dont care. A trip to Wembley is always a good day and to infrequent for us to miss as supporters imo
    When you get this far, I really want us to go all the way. Won't be making the playoffs so may as well aim to win something, plus its good experience for the youngsters 
  • mendonca said:
    All those who are making fun and demeaning the game/progression and cup....

You're actually just disrespecting JJ and the playing squad including several youth players, who have a professional duty to put 100pc into each game. 
    I agree.

Yet we've also heard players on commentary in the past making comments themselves which show how much they respect this competition. 

Think it was Konsa who missed a penalty at Colchester a few years ago, which saw us exit the comment - the player on commentary at the time came out with: "He's done everyone a favour doing that" 
  • edited January 2022
    mendonca said:

You're actually just disrespecting JJ and the playing squad including several youth players, who have a professional duty to put 100pc into each game. 
    I agree.

Yet we've also heard players on commentary in the past making comments themselves which show how much they respect this competition. 

Think it was Konsa who missed a penalty at Colchester a few years ago, which saw us exit the comment - the player on commentary at the time came out with: "He's done everyone a favour doing that" 
    It's like the League/EFL Cup though, in which nobody cares if they get knocked out in August or September, but where the games do become more important as you get near the final.
  • Sponsored links:

• mendonca said:

I agree.

I believe a key factor ...... Jacko wanting to play and win these games.

• mendonca said:

I agree.

It's like the League/EFL Cup though, in which nobody cares if they get knocked out in August or September, but where the games do become more important as you get near the final.
    Yeah I'm not a fan of that approach... Either take it seriously from the very beginning or not at all - Its a great competition as we're seeing to bed in some kids, but I honestly dont think Jackson would really care if we lost tonight.

If he did I dont feel we'd be seeing Williams or Ness on as substitues - But we'd be seeing the likes of Pearce or Washington instead. 
  • Great win and experience for the group of youngsters and some important minutes for the senior pros that have returned from injury. That will all add to building a strong playing squad. Wembley bells in the distance 
  • Had a laugh tonight. Decent result considering we started very slow, Watson was even slow at this level. Great to see youngsters getting good game time.

Shame to see Innis pull up again although he did look like he was blowing.

Soure jeez was throwing his head and feet in places that shouldn't be 
  • Sponsored links:

• mendonca said:

I agree.

Yeah I'm not a fan of that approach... Either take it seriously from the very beginning or not at all - Its a great competition as we're seeing to bed in some kids, but I honestly dont think Jackson would really care if we lost tonight.

If he did I dont feel we'd be seeing Williams or Ness on as substitues - But we'd be seeing the likes of Pearce or Washington instead. 
    It was interesting that we packed our bench with kids, whereas MKD had more quality on their bench, but didn't use it! 
  • Route into Europe
    Oh hang on......
  • ross1 said:

43: Boateng, with barely any contact on his man, is penalised for a push. He kicks the ball away in frustration and is booked.
    It should happen more often then it might get eradicated from the game.
  • ross1 said:
    Really?  Someone's surname is Bird and his parent(s) call him Jay?
  • ross1 said:
    i DID SAY ......... one goal to save taking penalties and hopefully us
    I'm waiting to hear you say "Only 30s left on the clock and we're 7-0 up at Wembley".
  • Scenes.  The cup pinnacle of my Charlton supporting career!
  • What’s happened to Charlie barker - seems to have gone well out of favour since his cameos under bowyer