Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2022-23 UEFA Nations League

Comments

• Wont the first one or two games at Wembley be behind closed doors?
  • Wont the first one or two games at Wembley be behind closed doors?
    One game yeah, 2nd game was suspended.
    Hopefully the first home game is vs Hungary
    the other 2 deserve full stadiums 
  • Yeh first one is, 2nd one is suspended for 2 years
  • Match 1: 2-4 June
    Match 2: 5-8 June
    Match 3: 8-11 June
    Match 4: 12-14 June
    Match 5: 22-24 September
    Match 6: 25-27 September

Then the World Cup in November. Games against Germany and Italy should be ideal prep.
    Yeah, makes a lot of sense. Players just finished a long season have to play 4 games in 12 days.

Let's crock a few of them months before a WC. 

👏👏👏👏👏
  • Match 1: 2-4 June
    Match 2: 5-8 June
    Match 3: 8-11 June
    Match 4: 12-14 June
    Match 5: 22-24 September
    Match 6: 25-27 September

Then the World Cup in November. Games against Germany and Italy should be ideal prep.
    Yeah, makes a lot of sense. Players just finished a long season have to play 4 games in 12 days.

Let's crock a few of them months before a WC. 

👏👏👏👏👏
    Was just going to post something similar. Crazy scheduling at the end of a long season and the summer after the Euro's.

Basically means that by mid-June most of the England squad will have had about 2-3 weeks rest in 13 months.
  • edited December 2021
    As opposed to a summer World Cup where the same players would’ve been playing anything from 3 games in a week to 7 games in a month?
  • If the World Cup was held in the summer as usual then these games would have been played in the usual international break spots in September, October and November. 
  • some real tests there before the WC

• Gutted the Italy game is behind closed doors but rightly so
  • Sponsored links:

• Can’t ask for better preparation ahead of the World Cup.
    3 teams that will be aiming to win the World Cup in a group together
    Italy have to qualify first!
  • Can’t ask for better preparation ahead of the World Cup.
    3 teams that will be aiming to win the World Cup in a group together
    Italy have to qualify first!
    Very true. I’d forgotten about that. 

• Gutted the Italy game is behind closed doors but rightly so
    Can’t they swap the Italy and Hungary games round? Come on UEFA you know it makes sense.
  • UEFA in discussion with CONEMBOL to maybe have up to 8 South American teams play in Nations League 
  • UEFA in discussion with CONEMBOL to maybe have up to 8 South American teams play in Nations League 
    They'll have to go in the top two sections, which means another two games on top of the 6 already. Im sure club managers wont be happy with that.
  • I would be okay with that as long as it doesn’t impact qualifying places for the major tournaments.
  • edited December 2021
    UEFA in discussion with CONEMBOL to maybe have up to 8 South American teams play in Nations League 
    They'll have to go in the top two sections, which means another two games on top of the 6 already. Im sure club managers wont be happy with that.
    I reckon it would be six groups of four rather than expanding the groups to have more teams in them?

You could also have five groups of four with Brazil, Argentina, Colombia and Peru joining League A (as the semi finalists of Copa America) and Paraguay, Chile, Uruguay and Ecuador join League B.

It would probably add an extra round of games to the “finals” as you’d need quarter finals for the five group winners plus three best runners up…
  • Tough. You never hear the likes of Klopp and Guardiola complaining that there are too many Champions League games, even though the group stages are usually a boring procession yielding a predictable top 2 in each group.

Maybe they should consider slicing some of the fat of that instead of complaining about international football.
  • I can only imagine FIFA hate the idea. Next thing you know it'll be 24 teams with two invites extended to Asia, one to Africa and one to North America for a 24 team tournament...
  • Is this a good draw for those on here like @The_Organiser that follow England abroad ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:
    Is this a good draw for those on here like @The_Organiser that follow England abroad ? 
    Hungary game is behind closed doors, they have a ban after crowd trouble at the Euro's.

Depending on covid rules, Germany might not allow travelling fans. Bundesliga currently has a 15k limit on attendances although you'd hope that will change by the summer.
  • All of Englands Nations League games along with their European qualifiers will be shown live on Channel 4 in a new 2 year deal.

Nations League games moving from Sky means the competition will be available on Freeview for the first time. 

While European qualifying and friendlies move from ITV to Channel 4.
  • The England squad will be announced tomorrow for our first 4 games

Games:- 
    Hungary (a), 5pm Saturday 4 June, Puskas Arena, Budapest
    Germany (a), 7.45pm, Tuesday 7 June, Allianz Arena, Munich
    Italy (h), 7.45pm, Saturday 11 June, Molineux, Wolverhampton
    Hungary (h), 7.45pm, Saturday 14 June, Molineux, Wolverhampton

Squad named: 2pm, Tuesday 24 May

While everyone would have seen the celebrations of many England players at Man City winning the league I hope there is a place in the squad for Fikayo Tomori who lifted the Serie A title yesterday.

While everyone would have seen the celebrations of many England players at Man City winning the league I hope there is a place in the squad for Fikayo Tomori who lifted the Serie A title yesterday.
    Had a big bet of Eric Dier to make England WC squad at 8/1. No Stones or Maguire in the squad so imagine Dier will be back in. Hopefully, the first step into being back in the squad for the WC.
  • edited May 2022
    Tried to get tickets for Germany vs England but didn’t get lucky in the ballot.

Will instead be looking to get out to Sweden for the game against Norway, in Stockholm. 

Will be at the England/Hungary game at Molineaux though. 
  • edited May 2022
    The England squad will be announced tomorrow for our first 4 games

Had a big bet of Eric Dier to make England WC squad at 8/1. No Stones or Maguire in the squad so imagine Dier will be back in. Hopefully, the first step into being back in the squad for the WC.
    My good god i hope that's a losing bet.

Stones
    Maguire 
    Tomori
    Guehi
    Walker
    Mings (nearly as bad)
    Cody
    White

All ahead of Dier...
  • Any idea when the tickets for the Germany game at Wembley in Sept will go on sale? Joined up to the England STC for me and my boy and been keeping my eye out for when first option goes out to us.

My good god i hope that's a losing bet.

Stones
    Maguire 
    Tomori
    Guehi
    Walker
    Mings (nearly as bad)
    Cody
    White

All ahead of Dier...
    Dier has actually had a very good season, better than at least half of your list.