Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Cambridge United | Saturday 11th December 2021

Comments

• Options
    Thought the flashlights were cringe personally
    Weren't they meant to be cringe to bring some light to the referee to see what's happening!?
  • Options
    I actually joined in with the Cambridge fans chanting. 
  • Options
    DRAddick said:
    What were they singing? Did they have a drum ?
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    DRAddick said:
    What were they singing? Did they have a drum ?
    "What the f**king hell is that!"
  • Options
    One of those we'd have definitely lost under NA but we're a different proposition these days. 
  • Options
    Scrappy game - but at least we scrapped - which wouldn't have happened under Adkins.

Cambridge are in yer face, looking to steal any advantage, be it fair means or foul.  They certainly kidded the ref today who pulled off a fair Trevor Kettle impression.
  • Options
    They were the bastard love child of John Beck, and we won, so them and the pound shop Grealish can do one
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scrappy game - but at least we scrapped - which wouldn't have happened under Adkins.

Cambridge are in yer face, looking to steal any advantage, be it fair means or foul.  They certainly kidded the ref today who pulled off a fair Trevor Kettle impression.
    Exactly - Cheltenham were like a poor Cambridge and look what happened to us that game.
  • Options
    It's nice to have a genuine strike partnership, we don't often have one

most bookies should now be paying out on JJ as next manager now he's done 10 competitive games in charge
  • Options
    We Ground out our 3 points,
    we have played far worse than some have suggested and the Referee was a total inept WANKER .
    JJ should be in the New Years honours list
    after he is made manager 
    so please wake up Thomas and give JJ the position he deserves 👍👍👍👍
  • Options
    Seems that Sandgaard has randomly shown up at the Oak
  • Options
    Ha what a legend!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Just throwing it out there, but people would be going mental at Albie Morgan for the last two Rob Lee's sons performances.

Not saying he's bad, just he needs a rest and a convincing competitor in that role. 

Come on back soon JFC.
    The difference being the Lee has actually performed very well in more than 1 game this season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AndyG said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Just throwing it out there, but people would be going mental at Albie Morgan for the last two Rob Lee's sons performances.

Not saying he's bad, just he needs a rest and a convincing competitor in that role. 

Come on back soon JFC.
    Oh come on mate, let it go 😂
    Ignoring the latter half of my post I see.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Seems that Sandgaard has randomly shown up at the Oak
    Hahaha ffs what a guy ! I love the bloke but he is proper Scandie Mental. Wish I had a £ for how many times someone tells him to give KJ the job whilst he is in there 😂😂😂
    King Jacko ……….. Love it 😉
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    colthe3rd said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Come on back soon JFC.
    The difference being the Lee has actually performed very well in more than 1 game this season. 
    Quite correct that he has been consistently good whereas Morgan has struggled to find any kind of form and his progression since Bow went has evidently stunted and actually regressed. 

Doesn't change the fact that Lee has looked tired and his passing has been sloppy the last few games and really could do with a decent competitor/understudy.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    colthe3rd said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Come on back soon JFC.
    Quite correct that he has been consistently good whereas Morgan has struggled to find any kind of form and his progression since Bow went has evidently stunted and actually regressed. 

Doesn't change the fact that Lee has looked tired last few games and really could do with a decent competitor.
    Albie is exactly where he should be, on the bench at best, hoping that someone takes him on a loan.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    colthe3rd said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Come on back soon JFC.

Doesn't change the fact that Lee has looked tired last few games and really could do with a decent competitor.
    Well you have your reasoning then, exactly why Lee shouldn't be getting pelters is because he has shown what he can do but is likely tired from the minutes he has played. Morgan on the other hand used up all his available excuses a long time ago.
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    colthe3rd said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Come on back soon JFC.

Albie is exactly where he should be, on the bench at best, hoping that someone takes him on a loan.
     I think the best place he could be is out on loan.
  • Options
    People haven't 'forgotten' to give Lee pelters. I tell you what...Dobson and Gilbey appreciate Lee. I'll take their thoughts and opinions over most. Not sure why you think the Charlton fans would backup a loanee over a youth player of their own.

Bit of a playground chat that isn't even worth having I'd say.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    colthe3rd said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    colthe3rd said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Come on back soon JFC.

Well you have your reasoning then, exactly why Lee shouldn't be getting pelters is because he has shown what he can do but is likely tired from the minutes he has played. Morgan on the other hand used up all his available excuses a long time ago.
    I'm saying Lee needs a decent competitor. I do not think Albie is that guy and have not suggested recently that he is.

We have been a million times better with Lee in the side and it's definitely time we gave Albie a loan out. Vennings has probably overtaken him by playing consistent men's football.
  • Options
    Am I alone in finding the Elliott Lee chant utterly weird - he’s playing in a team in Div 3 of the English Football League - I mean, seriously, the white Pele ???