Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Cambridge United | Saturday 11th December 2021

Comments

• Options
    Awful game - didn't like Cambridge tactics. Ref was terrible - missed a clear penalty and didn't seem bothered about the wrestling matches that were going on.

We probably would have lost this game earlier in the season - Washington our Motm.

Leko's final ball and decision making continues to frustrate.
  • Options
    Didn't watch the game - any reason why Lee is only scraping a 7 on the players marks?
  • Options
    You cant win pretty every game. I thought we was really impressive today, they came with a gameplan to try and rough us up and bully us but we got 3 points by competing on every level.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we will finish the season on 89 pts let's see where that leaves us 
  • Options
    win clean or win dirty .. it's position and points at season's end that count .. we're moving up
  • Options
    Made hard work of it but dug in and got what we deserved.
    Cambridge were fairly.well organised but apart from a few good passages didn't really trouble us.
    Struggling to kill these teams off early could be our undoing further down the line.
    Love Purrington but really thought we needed someone with an attacking nature in that role today.
    Mention for Sean Clare. He just keeps getting better in that right hand slot. Think we'll be lucky to keep hold of him!
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Didn't watch the game - any reason why Lee is only scraping a 7 on the players marks?
    His passing was very poor today. Kept giving the ball away even with simpler passes. Kept going though and still put in a shift. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought I was at a gig with all the phone lights in the second half.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Nothing wrong with a 7
    I know there ain't, but he's been getting straight 8s and 9s, so just wondered if there was anything specific.
  • Options
    I thought adele was gonna walk out, I liked it though... whatever it was for. 
  • Options
    Top 6 here we come!!
  • Options
    Lee really battled and put a shift in. He adds a lot of composure to our play that I wouldn't begin to underestimate. Some excellent pieces of skill in the 2nd half too. I really enjoyed watching him today. In fact he wasn't happy with Washy not putting him through when free for the 1on1 chance for hattrick. He feels a Charlton player. 
  • Options
    JonT_Abs said:
    I was looking at Purrington thinking we needed more attacking wise from that position (attacking isn't just getting on the end of things) ..but was then absolutely terrified every time Souare became involved in play 
    Same for me - dreadful player - out of position when they broke through for the one on one - and then git gets forward and plants a lovely cross which resulted in 2nd goal 😂😂
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    What was it for?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    glad we've got a weeks rest now as that was a tired, scrappy performance after Tuesday. But another good result. If Oxford win their game in hand, we're still 13 points behind 5th place and the proper play off mixer (as opposed to praying we can scrape in to the single last spot) which is a bit depressing. One game at a time though.
  • Options
    JonT_Abs said:
    I was looking at Purrington thinking we needed more attacking wise from that position (attacking isn't just getting on the end of things) ..but was then absolutely terrified every time Souare became involved in play 
    Two good crosses from Souare. One led to the goal.
  • Options
    Just been looking at the recent form in Lge 1 - Gillingham are shocking, total free fall, and have worst form of all - BUT very close behind them in terms of poor form is Plymouth !!!

This league really is a free for all (apart from Rotherham IMO)
  • Options
    Wasn't as comfortable as Ipswich as Cambridge caused us problems, but a win is a win 
  • Options
    iainment said:
    shine166 said:
    What was it for?
    Literally no idea