Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Ipswich Town | Tuesday 7 December 2021

Comments

• edited December 2021
    Can’t help but be worried when it’s only 1-0. Their goalie kept them in it, but I felt we were wasteful with one or two.. the Purrington miss was the big one for me like others have said, he’s hit it back across into the centre when he needed to go down to corner. His positioning and timing of his runs in the box have been fantastic though and he looks like he’s always going to get a chance or two in this system. 

Glad for Gilbey, thought he was outstanding today. Still not sure on play-offs but Jacko has to get the job.. if we can get another run together, who knows. 
  • Great performance, and looked like we could have scored more and more as the game went on!

needed the second, but we fought all over the pitch valiantly!

only negatives for me were  purrington (at times) and leko! Purrington kept leaving himself so exposed - fair play he’s having luck pushing forward but against such pacey wingers he just couldn’t keep up and left vast gaps behind him!
    Leko just looked so disinterested and bored, didn’t show for the ball and didn’t want to run it seemed! CBT missed sorely 
  • Absolutely buzzing, second half was as good as it gets without actually scoring a hat full. Some blinding team work and whilst there were many top performances Gilby for me MOM.
  • SE7toSG3 said:
    Magnificent, one of those nights under the lights you will remember that, our midfield completely bossed it. Their keeper was superb and prevented it being 5-6. 

No-one will want to come to the Valley as we are currently, Jacko and Jason have turned a bemused looking group of individuals into a top 6 side. 

Confidence, hunger, belief and a good amount of talent, loving going to the football at the moment and can't wait for  Saturday.
    But they never had a shot on target…how can you say they could have beaten us 5-6 😉
  • “Yoooouuu’re shagging your sister…you’re shagging your sister”
  • I’m buzzing after that - should have been a 5 or 6 nil win - Ipswich impressive away following, but they were so let down by an inept team - sat in upper Covered End tonight - first time up there - took my Wife - we were near drummers - she loved it - bring on Cambridge Saturday 

MoM - tough one - so I choose multiple - Akin, Washington, Pearce, Gilby, Purrington 
  • Bloody good that. 
  • Jayden says post match "I want to finish my career here" awwwww
    Going to retire at 30 then is he...😄😄😄
  • Sponsored links:

• The first 20 minutes were so scrappy but suddenly it changed....or at least Charlton did; I think Ipswich stayed at the same level! I was amazed how poor they were, having half-expected a caretaker manager bounce. Our performance has been documented enough in this thread and I can only reiterate how good Washington and Gilbey were today, and the entire team deserves credit.
  • I’m buzzing after that - should have been a 5 or 6 nil win - Ipswich impressive away following, but they were so let down by an inept team - sat in upper Covered End tonight - first time up there - took my Wife - we were near drummers - she loved it - bring on Cambridge Saturday 

MoM - tough one - so I choose multiple - Akin, Washington, Pearce, Gilby, Purrington 
    Think that I can narrow that down for you to Washington, Pearce and Gilbey. 
  • Did Edwards touch the ball from them. Genuinely thought they were substituting the sub until someone mentioned he started. Did absolutely nothing.
  • Those watching on TV, we’re we wasteful in front of goal of did their keeper have a worldy?
    Bit of both.
  • I don't know if the Ipswich players are happy or upset that Cook and his coaches were sacked. They certainly didn't play like a team really up for the battle, or wanting to support the caretaker.
  • great team performance - a shame stockley and pearce missed the last 2, we wouldn't have dropped the points - Gilbey MOTM - his workrate and running power is off the charts - been really impressed by him this season - looking forward to Saturday - don't want to tempt fete but reckon we are due a hat full of goals at some point  
  • Best home performance by a country mile this season 
  • Leuth said:
    I assume Nsiala is the one their fans were having a go at after the final whistle. A couple of them were so angry they ran on the pitch too
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2021
    Leuth said:
    Bonne was awful tbf. Spent the whole first half offside, then second half his passing was woeful.
  • There were a lot of big shifts out there tonight - player marks/statbank is going to make interesting reading. 
    Fantastic for Jacko
    Well done to the lads, and great support from us. 
    The Tractors sang that our support was ******* ****
    yet, as soon as they went behind, it all went quiet in their end. 
  • Croydon said:
    Leuth said:
    Bonne was awful tbf. Spent the whole first half offside, then second half his passing was woeful.
    Thats because he's over rated. Goes missing when you need him most. 
  • Ipswich fans on the train said it should have been five. Shell shocked. 
  • Does Bonne look like he is carrying a bit of timber ? 
  • Croydon said:
    Leuth said:
    Thats because he's over rated. Goes missing when you need him most. 
    To be fair to him, he had no service all game.
    They looked pretty at times but had no end product and they were dreadful. 
  • Pretty well a complete performance, must say although I knew this squad was better than we saw under Adkins, they have far exceeded expectations. If we hadn’t wasted a quarter of the season, well who knows. 

We had a wobble at Morecambe and Shrewsbury, but got it right tonight…over to you Thomas.
  • Side note, and May have been mentioned elsewhere, but thought the unexpected (? I wasn’t expecting it anyway!) impromptu tribute to Arthur (RIP) was excellent and great how long the applause went on for - I was particularly glad it went on for a long time because aside from anything else, I thought we were giving a heroes welcome to Leko warming up for the first 10 seconds of it 😬!