Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• Not exactly the big hitting entertainment T20 is designed to provide, when you see scores of over 200 elsewhere!
    I don't think that this pitch is conducive to a 200 plus score which is why we needed to preserve wickets for the last half a dozen or so overs. 130-140 might well have been enough.
    Yes, Gloucs are now inching to victory
    Make that galloping....

The only thing that's keeping me from hitting the bottle tonight is the brave Ukraine lads.

Honestly, I don't think we'll waste our hard earned on a tank of petrol on Friday so 2 tickets on offer for anyone brave enough to take them.

I'm done.

Disgusted of Wadhurst.
    We are 'seriously re-considering our situation' - yes we'd lose the ticket money but the hotel is cancelable until midnight tomorrow and we'd save that cost plus petrol money too!
  • Not exactly the big hitting entertainment T20 is designed to provide, when you see scores of over 200 elsewhere!
    I don't think that this pitch is conducive to a 200 plus score which is why we needed to preserve wickets for the last half a dozen or so overs. 130-140 might well have been enough.
    Make that galloping....

The only thing that's keeping me from hitting the bottle tonight is the brave Ukraine lads.

Honestly, I don't think we'll waste our hard earned on a tank of petrol on Friday so 2 tickets on offer for anyone brave enough to take them.

I'm done.

Disgusted of Wadhurst.
    We are 'seriously re-considering our situation' - yes we'd lose the ticket money but the hotel is cancelable until midnight tomorrow and we'd save that cost plus petrol money too!
    2 tickets available for a small donation to a Charlton related charity such as the Upbeats or Ben's fund if it is still active
  • Billings has just talked about the "senior leadership group" getting together. That worries me because that group will include Denly. He's been a great servant (apart from his "sabbatical" at Middlesex) but the time has come to move on and use what's left of this season to give the likes of Muyeye and possibly O'Riordan a chance to prove themselves. Any other batsman who went a year without a 50 wouldn't be given as many chances as he has.  
    It doesn't have to be a permanent demotion, but he should be in the seconds  trying to get some form back, as something has gone seriously wrong. Laughably I think he's in the London Spirit team as well...
    Make that galloping....

I'm done.

Disgusted of Wadhurst.
    Don't believe for one minute that we're fair weather supporters but I don't see a chink of light at present and apart from a handful of our lads, the ability to turn things around. 

With the next 2 matches at home to Surrey & Middx, we're on a hiding to nothing IMO.

Let's sleep on it & see how things look tomorrow, albeit still with nil points on the board. But it IS Premium Bond draw day......

To think I was SO looking forward to the cricket following a very disappointing football season. 

All we need now is for our  Easyjet flight to Italy to be cancelled next Friday ! 
    Make that galloping....

I'm done.

Disgusted of Wadhurst.
    Don't believe for one minute that we're fair weather supporters but I don't see a chink of light at present and apart from a handful of our lads, the ability to turn things around. 

With the next 2 matches at home to Surrey & Middx, we're on a hiding to nothing IMO.

Let's sleep on it & see how things look tomorrow, albeit still with nil points on the board. But it IS Premium Bond draw day......

To think I was SO looking forward to the cricket following a very disappointing football season. 

All we need now is for our  Easyjet flight to Italy to be cancelled next Friday ! 
    It isn't possible to be a 'fair weather supporter' when you support Charlton too!

Hopefully you'll be ok with your flights as not during school holidays. We are due to fly to Dubrovnik a week on Sunday
  • I can't help thinking that we will see a clear out at the end of the season especially if we are relegated in the CC. 
  • 13 man squad named. Will we stick with Denly?

• why did Dickson leave ?
  • why did Dickson leave ?
    Lack of opportunities from him and there was a feeling from us that he was a bit of a flat track bully as his two massive scores were at Beckenham on roads.
  • 13 man squad named. Will we stick with Denly?

Hopefully not imo
  • Sponsored links:

• Surrey absolutely destroying Hants tonight - Curran has taken 5 for 30 in 4 overs as well as hitting 69. 

How can we possibly compete with that plus Roy, Jacks & Narine who is presumably an overseas addition , as if they needed anyone ! 

Hate feeling like this but we've made the decision not to drive to the match tomorrow evening. 

Pathetic, I know, but it's going to be busy on the roads too & our local petrol station is now charging 170 per litre, which makes the decision somewhat easier.

I'm sure we'll be watching via the stream  & SO hope our lads prove me wrong but decision made.  
  • Surrey absolutely destroying Hants tonight - Curran has taken 5 for 30 in 4 overs as well as hitting 69. 

How can we possibly compete with that plus Roy, Jacks & Narine who is presumably an overseas addition , as if they needed anyone ! 

Hate feeling like this but we've made the decision not to drive to the match tomorrow evening. 

Pathetic, I know, but it's going to be busy on the roads too & our local petrol station is now charging 170 per litre, which makes the decision somewhat easier.

I'm sure we'll be watching via the stream  & SO hope our lads prove me wrong but decision made.  
    We aren't going either. I consider the ticket price a donation to a struggling county without a test ground and we save £165 on the hotel, plus petrol, drinks and meals, 3 hours each way in bank holiday traffic (plus fuell) and we'll go to Whitstable before/after another game another year -  I don't think we'll qualify for the knockout rounds this year! It is the worst weekend this year to go to Whitstable if not in years with it being half-term, a double bank holiday plus the good weather.

Oh, and did I mention our form?! We can always watch the test - how can ENG have stuffed up the great position the bowlers out them in? As I said on the other thread before, welcome to test cricket Potts!
  • Last chance here for Denly, good record against Surrey
  • No expectations, but currently sitting on Javelin train at St Pancras. At least I'll get a nice day out and walk in the Kent countryside first!
  • Well I'm looking forward to it. ☺
    Setting yourselves up nicely. By the law of averages Kent will win a game at some point!
    Setting yourselves up nicely. By the law of averages Kent will win a game at some point!
    Sods law it will be against Surrey. 
  • Choo Choo!

• No changes to the team despite not winning a single game so far, it is an utter disgrace how they refuse to drop denly. 
  • Kent have won the toss and will BOWL!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• 47-1 after the P/P 
  • Great to see Roy cleaned up by Stewart
  • Hard to call who is ahead at the moment 
  • 73-2 off 10

Not sure if Billings hasn't dropped one if not two catches
  • As usual at Canterbury it's not an easy pitch to score on
  • 85-3 off 12

• 112-4 off 15.1

Laurie Evans with 19 off 20 doing his best imitation of Denly on a sticky wicket
  • LAST season I'd say we were on top, but judging by how Surrey and Kent have batted this year, I'm assuming it's not easy to get the ball away. Maybe it'll suit Denly, who can push singles...
  • Oh and the temperature has really dropped!
  • Narine holes out , crucial