Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    Same team today against Sussex as per the Essex match
  • Options
    Still no Blakey !
  • Options
    Another century for our Ben ! 
  • Options
    Still no Blakey !
    You don't change a winning team

Sorry

You don't change a losing team
  • Options
    Still no Blakey !

Sorry

Why bring in a guy that is in the form of his life and the best fielder on the team. 

Can’t understand why Crawley still wants to play in T20’s when he can be practicing his leaves and protecting his wicket which he will need next week ……….
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Still no Blakey !

Sorry

Why bring in a guy that is in the form of his life and the best fielder on the team. 

Can’t understand why Crawley still wants to play in T20’s when he can be practicing his leaves and protecting his wicket which he will need next week ……….
    It's strange, especially as Blake has a white ball only contract

I'm going to the Surrey game next Friday, presumably Blake will come back in for Crawley then (and on Wednesday). Maybe Kent think that having England's Zak Crawley in the team will boost the gate?
  • Options
    Very poor finish from us.  Sussex were 108-5 off 16 and we managed to concede 63 off the final 4 overs. 172 to win.
  • Options
    And  an even worse start from us - DBD and Crawley out and we are 3-2
  • Options
    Well, Crawley's not getting in practice of any form.

2 down for 3 runs. 

WTF ! 
  • Options
    Still no Blakey !

Sorry

I'm going to the Surrey game next Friday, presumably Blake will come back in for Crawley then (and on Wednesday). Maybe Kent think that having England's Zak Crawley in the team will boost the gate?
    Still no Blakey !

Sorry

OOps ! Was going to ask if you fancied buying our 2 tickets ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Billings clearly thinks the rain is on its way and trying to get ahead on DLS
  • Options
    This is really not funny.

What on earth is going on ?
  • Options

Have you been dancing because rain has stopped play!
  • Options

Have you been dancing because rain has stopped play!
    Really ? 

Not me this time.
  • Options
    33 runs off 33 balls from Denly, truly embarrassing stuff from him. 
  • Options
    We've lost by 4 runs despite Linde scoring 38 off 13
  • Options
    Champs to chumps in three games. 
  • Options
    Guess this is progress but it shouldn't be down to the bowlers to score the necessary runs. 

TBH, Crawley & Denly are not worth their selection at the moment. 

Surely we have to pick those in form rather than on past performances ? 

Bring Robinson back & please give Blakey a chance to show what he's capable of.....

Otherwise next Friday's match will be one big embarrassment. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Guess this is progress but it shouldn't be down to the bowlers to score the necessary runs. 

Bring Robinson back & please give Blakey a chance to show what he's capable of.....

Trouble is Robinson has scored 14 runs in 3 innings for Durham. By his own admittance, he is trying to get his white ball game up to the standard of his red ball game.

I would actually bring in Muyeye and Blake for Crawley and Denly. Muyeye is raw but white ball is his game and he has the sort of unconventional shots that are difficult to set a field to. Something like this:

DBD
    Muyeye
    Cox
    Billings
    Leaning
    Blake
    Linde

The rider would be though to have some flexibility with Blake and Linde and to send one or other up the order if the right circumstances prevail
  • Options
    Denly didn't even bowl today, which would be a reason for keeping him in the side
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Billings has hardly played any cricket at the IPL and Crawley isnt pulling up trees , but they leave out Blake who appears to be in the form of his life at the moment ? 

To me I would have left out Crawley who is off next week and tried to get a settled side.
    That is the centrally contracted and England's Director of Cricket favoured one - having trained in the morning with England, Crawley said he wanted to play and had Kent said that he wasn't going to be selected then there would have been repercussions for the County.

Billings is Billings and as I've said I do believe that he is over rated as a batsman (not as a keeper or captain I should add notwithstanding his poor decision to bat last might). It is a long time since he demonstrated any consistency of form - in the last calendar year in all forms of the game, for Kent, England, the Oval Invincibles, Kolkata Knight Riders and Sydney Thunder he has managed just four 50s and no hundreds. 

Of even more concern is the form of Denly in the last year or so. Yesterday he took 16 balls to score 5 runs in a T20 game that we lost with 5 balls to spare. This isn't a one off as, in all comps in the first team and since he scored 63 in the County Championship almost a year ago now, he has batted 26 times and scored a total of 430 runs at an average of 17.20 - without a single 50 to his name. He will be one of the highest paid cricketers on the books but simply isn't delivering - he's only actually batted 20 times for Kent in the last year and that does make him a bit of an expensive luxury.

Now it might just be that Crawley, Billings and Denly need a run of games and innings to find form rather than sitting on the side lines as the latter named two have done for long periods of time. But when we are leaving an in form Blake out and sending out on loan Robinson, it does rather reinforce the notion that all players are equal but some are more equal than others regardless of form. Here's hoping they do turn things around because, let's face it, The Blast is the only competition we have any chance of winning this season and we are still only in May.
    Today's innings of 33 off 33 cost us dearly and with only two boundaries to boot. Denly might find his form but T20 isn't the place to go out and feel your way doing it. He has scored 73 runs at an average of 24.33 and strike rate of exactly 100. Compare that to Linde who has scored and averages 90 at a strike rate of 230.76.

It is sad to see and Denly will know that this has been going on for too long. 
  • Options
    /killerandflash said:
    Denly didn't even bowl today, which would be a reason for keeping him in the side
    Leaning and Blake can and do bowl spin too albeit that they aren't leggies and we don't need Denly to bowl those as we already have, in Linde and Qais, who turn the ball away from the right handers.
  • Options
    Walks is honest enough about where it went wrong but it remains to be seen what he's going to do about changing the personnel

• Options
    33 runs off 33 balls from Denly, truly embarrassing stuff from him. 
    After last season, has he had is day?
  • Options
    So far as the bowling is concerned, Gilchrist, Stewart, Stevens and Podmore are all injured I believe so our options are extremely limited
  • Options
    So far as the bowling is concerned, Gilchrist, Stewart, Stevens and Podmore are all injured I believe so our options are extremely limited
    Maybe our friends at The Oval will loan us one of theirs.....
  • Options
    Maybe our friends at The Oval will loan us one of theirs.....
    I think, for the same reason that Robinson has had to go to Durham we are going to have to borrow from someone in the other group if that's what is required
  • Options

Trouble is Robinson has scored 14 runs in 3 innings for Durham. By his own admittance, he is trying to get his white ball game up to the standard of his red ball game.

I would actually bring in Muyeye and Blake for Crawley and Denly. Muyeye is raw but white ball is his game and he has the sort of unconventional shots that are difficult to set a field to. Something like this:

DBD
    Muyeye
    Cox
    Billings
    Leaning
    Blake
    Linde

The rider would be though to have some flexibility with Blake and Linde and to send one or other up the order if the right circumstances prevail
    Blake will definitely play and Muyeye is in the squad. Good to see Stewart back too:

• Options
    Just a reminder that the match is on Sky tomorrow starting at 6.15pm.

I'll be watching from behind the settee.
  • Options

1888 super cool   B)