Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    Crawley 50 off 59 balls
  • Options
    As things stand anyone know the bonus points around, with us and the other teams.

Can we relax yet?
    DubaiCAFC said:
    How many points Kent require and how many do we have currently?
    We need a draw. Bonus points will only become relevant if we lost and Yorkshire lose.
    Unless it because of rain, I can't see it being a draw.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    As things stand anyone know the bonus points around, with us and the other teams.

Can we relax yet?
    DubaiCAFC said:
    We need a draw. Bonus points will only become relevant if we lost and Yorkshire lose.
    Which is why I suggested that we need to bat for four sessions in our first innings. That would give us, with this start, a minimum of a 200 lead with only five sessions of the game left. Somerset would then be in survival mode and need to bat for almost four sessions themselves to set something.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

Can we relax yet?
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Which is why I suggested that we need to bat for four sessions in our first innings. That would give us, with this start, a minimum of a 200 lead with only five sessions of the game left. Somerset would then be in survival mode and need to bat for almost four sessions themselves to set something.
    Yes - scoring at nearly 5 runs an over currently suggest looking to get in the lead as quick as possible. 
  • Options
    Crawley has found a bit of form..
  • Options
    DBD 50 off 75 balls 
  • Options
    DBD 50 off 75 balls 
    Is it DBD - not watching but Cricinfo has it as TM
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DBD 50 off 75 balls 
    Muyeye is out there
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DBD 50 off 75 balls 
    Indeed it is, Dubai.

DO keep up, AA!
  • Options
    Apologies all!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It was Muyeye's short arm pull that made me think of DBD
  • Options
    132-0 off 25

Muyeye 65* (86)
    Crawley 55* (67)
  • Options
    If we have a full day's play and were to go at the rate we are, we would have over 500 at close
  • Options
    Yorkshire 177-9 and still 13 behind
  • Options
    Warwickshire 157-2
  • Options
    149-0 off 30 overs at lunch. Superb start.

Muyeye 72* (105)
    Crawley 65*(78)
  • Options
    Yorkshire 183 all out and a deficit of 7

Warwickshire 157-2
  • Options
    I don't think the Somerset commentator would be too upset if Warks go down  :D  

I think there's a certain amount of solidarity between the non Test/Hundred counties.
  • Options
    I don't think the Somerset commentator would be too upset if Warks go down  :D  

I think there's a certain amount of solidarity between the non Test/Hundred counties.
    Indeed. The comment that it would disappoint the ECB said it all
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    I hope this is not going to be a Barnsley and Charlton, in the Championship scenario.

Actually are Kent and Charlton synchronised as both often appear to be staving of relegation, to frequently for comfort!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And it worked out perfectly for us that Somerset are safe, as they're definitely not at 100%. 149 in 30 overs is crazy scoring, and it's not as if Kent are playing recklessly
  • Options
    And it worked out perfectly for us that Somerset are safe, as they're definitely not at 100%. 149 in 30 overs is crazy scoring, and it's not as if Kent are playing recklessly
    The bowling has been powder puff and they don't appear to have worked out that the batsmen have different addictions - Muyeye to pull and Crawley to drive and have been bowling too short to the former and too full to the latter. Long may it continue.
  • Options
    Yorkshire 183 all out and a deficit of 7

Warwickshire 157-2
    NO batting points for Yorkshire. One batting point means that if we get the same result, we'll be above them
  • Options
    Assuming we get a hundred more we will finish above Yorkshire with a win too. A sixth place finish (and an outside chance of fifth) coupled with the cup win makes it a very good season moving forward. Only blight is the loss of Robinson but would settle for the other one though. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    176-1
    Crawley out for 79
    26 runs behind Somerset 
  • Options
    What a delightful player is Craig Overton !

More than once he's kicked down the stumps in a big paddy which surely must mirror a tennis player throwing his racket during a match but seemingly no admonishment from the umpire today.

Then he's had a right go at said umpire when a decision didn't go his way. 

In addition he appears to have a problem with Muyeye, trying to stare him down and muttering in his direction whenever possible.

Isn't there a warning process akin to a yellow card in first class cricket ?
  • Options
    Zak departs but DBD carries on where he left off.
  • Options
    191-2 Muyeye out for 85.
  • Options
    We have a batting point! 205-2