Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Morecambe v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 23 November 2021

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    No complaints because it was a draw amongst wins and with key players missing. 
  • Options
    No complaints because it was a draw amongst wins and with key players missing. 
    Blimey, that's very succinct, Mutters!
    ;-)
  • Options
    Think people are being very harsh on Kirk personally 
    Agree, he clearly did get past players and usually found a team mate to pass to. 

Where I thought his game fell down big time was after he gave the ball, he struggled to get himself in a useful position to receive it back or draw a defender away so effectively a waste of a player in that area.

He tried but wasn't figuring out how to do it. 
    Kirk was a little disappointing in that instead of pushing on down the wing he’d stop and let the defenders get back to mass around him as if his intention was to line them up to beat. Sort of reminded me a bit of Mortimer though, albeit in a different sense in that he would beat 3 or 4 players then turn around so he he could try and beat them again, that or he’d lost his sense of direction in the process. I suspect Kirk might be better suited in a more central position instead of out on the wing.
    He looked very one dimensional when compared with our other wide options, who've all adapted to Jacko's formation and tactics. And seem more two footed, making them harder to defend against.

Yes he was only on for 12 minutes, but fresh legs against tired defenders ought to cause them more problems.
    Looked massively lacking in confidence - did take anyone on? did he try to "grab the shirt"- I can remember more than one short pass to a team member along side in no better position-passing on responsibility to someone else. I think it may take a few games before we can assess his ability and potential.
  • Options
    Got home last night and have barely thought about the football at all - the rest of the trip was what made the journey worth it. Great away day.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Got home last night and have barely thought about the football at all - the rest of the trip was what made the journey worth it. Great away day.
    If only you could travel to places without having to watch a football match as an excuse. Must get onto to my mate Thomas Cook or his friend Wallace Arnold. 

• Options
    Shame we didnt have these players available

Even to rotate a couple of them on a Tuesday night after a game against the team at the top of the League...

Inniss, Lavelle, Pearce, Matthews, Leko, Forster-Caskey and Stockley all unavailable tonight. It limits the rotation options for #cafc.

— Richard Cawley (@RichCawleySLP) November 23, 2021
    + Gilbey and Lee and that’s a potential first team. No size squad can cope with absences like this easily. Maybe a point was a good result under the circumstances, albeit somewhat underwhelming.
  • Options
    I wonder if anyone thinks that not recruiting in a more timely fashion in the summer and possibly not getting a more established striker has caused any of our difficulties?
    Surely, nearly every Charlton fan thinks that. 
    Golfie -
    @golfaddick - was undecided when I put this to him recently