Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grand National 2022

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2022
    For me only one of the elliot entries is on the decline and has very little chance. There are other horses in the top 40 where I would have more questions for the trainers/owners on why they are running in this race. For me the issue is simple don't set the weights so early in the process.
  • Options
    I know horses deserve a chance until they have run, but Samcro in the GN is, IMO, absolutely ludicrous. Complete waste of time. 
  • Options
    Are Bob’s lot doing their offer? Bit late flagging up if so? 
  • Options
    dont think it shows until the Thursday every year (but could be wrong). It should be there in the morning
  • Options
    dont think it shows until the Thursday every year (but could be wrong). It should be there in the morning
    If you haven't got an account with bet365 then today is the time to open one if you want to avail yourself of the offer (if the offer happens of course!).
  • Options
    can anyone remind me what the offer is....

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Basically you only pay for the win element of an each-way bet - the place element is refunded.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    MrOneLung said:

Basically you only pay for the win element of an each-way bet - the place element is refunded.
    thanks
  • Options
    Paddy Power only paying on 5 places. Any idea which firm offers most places?? 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    801912601 said:
    Most of the others are paying 6 places although Betway are offering 7. Bet365 are 6 places so if they do offer their concession and you can get on with them then theirs is the best deal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    801912601 said:
    https://www.oddschecker.com/grand-national/winner

Most are paying 6 places currently.
  • Options
    Last year Betfred paid 7 places but not until Saturday when the prices had gone. 
  • Options
    Last year Betfred paid 7 places but not until Saturday when the prices had gone. 
    Which is why I used the word ‘currently’.
  • Options
    801912601 said:
    which is odd, cos for the Scots G N they were paying 6 places .. so on the busiest betting day of the year, Piss Poor Paddy is renamed Paddy Greedy Scrooge
  • Options
    Looks like Court Maid is a non-runner.
    Next in would be Domaine De L'Isle if so, making Eclair Surf likely 1st Reserve.

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    If you haven't got an account with bet365 then today is the time to open one if you want to avail yourself of the offer (if the offer happens of course!).
    aye, I remember the terms being that you had an account opened the day before to participate. Unfortunately none of it applies to me either way  :'(
  • Options
    Hi @PeanutsMolloy, I was wondering where the Irish trio of Farclas, Discorama and Run Wild Fred feature in your model?

I appreciate the place margins were pretty wide last year but I think there is some juice in the first two as last year's 5th and 7th with lighter seasons and still very fair handicap marks at 28/1 and 40/1 each 6 places. Could make a case for Farclas being an improver too at only 8 (albeit I appreciate the stats will say returners do not tend to win).

RWF has a few more pounds and a NHC run at Cheltenham a few weeks ago but equally is 28/1 for a second season chaser who has won a big handicap, 2 2nds in big handicaps and 3 2nds in G1 novice chases seems very fair.
  • Options
    801912601 said:
    The odds checker website summarises betting offers, odds and number of places…
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Call me an eternal optimist, glass half full kind of guy, but based on Peanuts last post I’m coming to the conclusion that he knows a thing or two about The National.
  • Options
    Peanuts, actually makes it look far more complicated than it is. His charts and algorithms, and input of many variables, including pending weather and potential going is all well an good.

But, I’m only just behind him with my method. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    @PeanutsMolloy the undisputed king of Aintree analysis. Fantastic read.

Of your mob I've got Fiddlerontheroof and Longhouse Poet on my slip. Had a little mad poke at Santini at 50s, another little bit on Kildisart at 50s who has the back-class but a big ask on his recuperation and I'll add my 3 Irish above for the final 7. Good luck one and all.
  • Options
    Amazing analysis & insight Peanuts. Thank you for sharing.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Call me an eternal optimist, glass half full kind of guy, but based on Peanuts last post I’m coming to the conclusion that he knows a thing or two about The National.
    Personally I think he's just winging it
  • Options
    Virgin paying 8 places 
  • Options
    Dear me. That had better be analysis ahead of 2023. No way I'm reading a whole book series by Saturday
  • Options
    Just a thought, but has anyone ever seen Peanuts and Grapevine in the same room?
  • Options
    Backed your core 5 Peanuts with Bob’s deal. Can’t wait for Saturday! Great work once again Peanuts. 
  • Options
    CHG said:
    Backed your core 5 Peanuts with Bob’s deal. Can’t wait for Saturday! Great work once again Peanuts. 

My pleasure :)