Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 2021/22 Thread

Comments

• Options
    The FA Cup is dying on its arse, it’s a shadow of its former self. 
    Would personally argue all football is due to having too many matches crammed into the calendar. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    We usually say we are concentrating on the League & so play the youngsters.

No excuse this season though. We are not getting promoted & so this season the only thing us fans have to look forward to us a cup run & hopefully drawing a Prem team at home in the 3rd round.

Glad to hear that Jacko thinks similar to me & therefore have got my tickets for Sat and looking forward to finally trouncing a non league side.
  • Options
    You forgot Crystal Palace & horrible stripey nigel c****s.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    We should be playing the core ‘first eleven’ and give some of the others an opportunity to get some game time with them. Building and maintaining a winning team should be the key priority for the league and the maintaining part is they should be getting a competitive game at least once a week. We can see from the last two games how those players have now got a better understanding of each other, who will do what, who will back them up, who will keep running until the end, who will play a ball into a channel, who will run for an expected pass into a channel. Resting them for a week, possibly two weeks if the burton game is called off, will waste the work of the last 3 games. Don’t be a Nigel and make wholesale changes.
  • Options
    I hope we thrash Havant & Waterlooville. I’ve never liked teams with an ampersand in their name. The only exception is Brighton & Hove Albion as the city is indeed Brighton & Hove and not Brighton. Dagenham & Redbridge, Havant & Waterlooville, Hampton & Richmond, Hayes & Yeading, Rushden & Diamonds, Walton & Hersham and Tooting & Mitcham get no support from me. At least, Bournemouth saw sense.

Did you celebrate when Ampersand United lost to Deal ?
  • Options
    Don't get the interest in being drawn against a PL team myself.

Most PL teams getting drawn v L1 team will stick out a skeleton squad so you watch a load of reserves, but being where all the money is they are still mainly £5-10M players so beat us comfortably much like when we played West Ham a season or two back.

It is not a prize worth bothering much with.  Until we are a half competent Championship team again I wouldn't bother as a manager tbh.
  • Options
    I want Cafc to treat the FA cup with respect.

I would make a few changes though with Davidson for Stockley and CBT who could skin their defense alive. Kirk needs minutes but maybe from the bench ?

If Jackson DNA is to be stamped on this team in every match then that has too include the Cup games as well.

• Options
    Certainly would like to see us play a strong side. However several players need some minutes and some others may need a rest. Davisson, Clare, CBT, Kirk, Morgan, Elewere fall into the first category. 
  • Options

I would make a few changes though with Davidson for Stockley and CBT who could skin their defense alive. Kirk needs minutes but maybe from the bench ?

If Jackson DNA is to be stamped on this team in every match then that has too include the Cup games as well.

Surely picking hungry players wanting to prove a point - the likes of Morgan, Clare, Kirk, Souare etc - is still treating the FA Cup with respect
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Because of injury problems which happen in contact sports (it really isn't just Cafc) then Morgan, Kirk, CBT, Arter, Davidson, Elerewe etc will need to fit into the JJ way of total commitment to the cause.
    Ideally, not all at the same time !
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Henderson
    Matthews Elewere Famewo
    CBT Arter/Watson Saore
    Clare Morgan
    Davison Kirk

jonny's favourite formation, should be enough to see off Waterlooville
    what about Havant though?
  • Options
    Our squad is plenty deep enough this season to rest key players and still put a good side out
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Let’s actually make a go of the cup this season. Promotion isn’t happening and we should (from fingers crossed!) have enough to avoid relegation. Some semblance of a cup run would be a welcome change. 
    Why is promotion not happening ?? only 12 points of play offs 
    Usually thats enough to miss the playoffs. 
  • Options
    Won't be an easy game by any means.

Press high, play 3 at the back. Hopefully we catch em off guard once or twice. Scramble a safe enough 2-0 win.

Lucky it's at the valley 
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Henderson
    Matthews Elewere Famewo
    CBT Arter/Watson Saore
    Clare Morgan
    Davison Kirk

Personally too many chnges. Don't forget we also have Pizza trophy on Tuesday so half of these can get a game then. A lot may depend upon whether the Burton game is called off the following week. 
  • Options
                Henderson

Gunter Elerewe Barker Souare

Morgan Watson Clare

Blackett-Taylor Davison Kirk
  • Options

Surely picking hungry players wanting to prove a point - the likes of Morgan, Clare, Kirk, Souare etc - is still treating the FA Cup with respect

I mean respect in that who ever is picked the players fight for the shirt and desperately want to impress the manager.
    To battle and give 100% under JJ is Mandatory.
    That didn't happen under Bowyer or Adkins in cup games. I was at the Wimbledon League cup game unfortunately !

Have no problem with 5 changes but personally feel putting out 11 players to start the game who didn't play in the last 3 game has certain Jeopardy attached.

Easier if fringe players come into a successful team.

• Options

I mean respect in that who ever is picked the players fight for the shirt and desperately want to impress the manager.
    To battle and give 100% under JJ is Mandatory.
    That didn't happen under Bowyer or Adkins in cup games. I was at the Wimbledon League cup game unfortunately !

Have no problem with 5 changes but personally feel putting out 11 players to start the game who didn't play in the last 3 game has certain Jeopardy attached.

Easier if fringe players come into a successful team.

If we were playing a L1 or L2 side, then yes. But we're playing a team 11th in the National League South, a 6th tier side, our current backup players should be more than enough to beat them comfortably
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    We usually say we are concentrating on the League & so play the youngsters.

No excuse this season though. We are not getting promoted & so this season the only thing us fans have to look forward to us a cup run & hopefully drawing a Prem team at home in the 3rd round.

Glad to hear that Jacko thinks similar to me & therefore have got my tickets for Sat and looking forward to finally trouncing a non league side.
    I just read JJ's interview and unless I missed some quotes, all he was saying was that he expects the same level of effort in every game. 

I couldn't give two hoots about a cup run personally. Getting smashed by a prem team isn't high on my list of wishes. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we can just about manage 12k for a league game, theres no chance we will get near that for a cup game with a sixth tier team. 4k-5k at most.
  • Options
    Erm I think 8k is not beyond the realms of possibility, depends how many they bring as well 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    looks like we're only opening the lower north and lower west. be surprised if we get 5 thousand. 
  • Options
                Henderson

Gunter Elerewe Barker Souare

Morgan Watson Clare

Blackett-Taylor Davison Kirk
    The first team plays 3-5-2 so the second 11 should as well IMO.
  • Options
    looks like we're only opening the lower north and lower west. be surprised if we get 5 thousand. 
    So its literally not possible to get more then 8k. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    So its literally not possible to get more then 8k. 
    Plus 500 away fans?
  • Options
    I'd not rest any of them at least not in training. 

This should be treated as any other game. Everyone needs to stay sharp. 

None of the first lot need deserve dropping.

HOWEVER... If our fringe players are going to get a chance with us not having a reserve team, the cup has to be it. Expect a mix of players to include: 

Elerewe 
    Kirk
    Souare
    CBT
    Washington
    Morgan
    Clare

Maybe one or two other U23's
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Croydon said:
    Southbank said:
    Henderson
    Matthews Elewere Famewo
    CBT Arter/Watson Saore
    Clare Morgan
    Davison Kirk

what about Havant though?
    No, we won't win against them. We haven't got the legs for two games in one afternoon. Basic fitness issue again.