Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup 2021/22 Thread

1686970717274»

Comments

• God I hate them so much 
  • Lukaku was crap and really surprised he didn’t use Werner, especially in ET when VVD come off.
  • edited May 2022
    No more talk that Trent Alexander-Arnold can't defend. He was brilliant defending and superb passing and crossing. He was the MOM for me. 

The red team beat the Yellow team and I enjoyed the match.

Not sure how it wasn't  5-4 to the Red team after 90 minutes.
  • No more talk that Trent Alexander-Arnold can't defend. He was brilliant defending and superb passing and crossing. He was the MOM for me. 

He defended pretty well today but he can still be a liability positionally. Alonso got the other side of him 2 or 3 times and should of scored.
  • Lukaku was crap and really surprised he didn’t use Werner, especially in ET when VVD come off.
    Tuchel's sub choices in both finals this season have been questionable
    Very bizarre to not use Werner, instead he brought on Loftus-Cheek for about 14 minutes then subbed him off.
  • No more talk that Trent Alexander-Arnold can't defend. He was brilliant defending and superb passing and crossing. He was the MOM for me. 

He defended pretty well today but he can still be a liability positionally. Alonso got the other side of him 2 or 3 times and should of scored.
    He uses his pace to recover 9 times of 10. That will become an issue as he gets older and can't rely on his pace anymore

His last ditch defending was good but his positional defending was awful. Too many times he was caught too far forward and too many times he allowed attackers to get goalside of him.
    He must be a nightmare to play in a defence with, as when you are trying to play a line you can't be sure if he is 5/10 yards in front of you or behind you. Vert rarely is he in line with his fellow defenders.

His last ditch defending was good but his positional defending was awful. Too many times he was caught too far forward and too many times he allowed attackers to get goalside of him.
    He must be a nightmare to play in a defence with, as when you are trying to play a line you can't be sure if he is 5/10 yards in front of you or behind you. Vert rarely is he in line with his fellow defenders.
    The thing with that is it probably doesn't matter much in about 90% of their games because Liverpool tend to dominate most games. But it's got to be the reason why Southgate prefers Walker, James and sometimes even Trippier in big games for England.
    Really should have scored first half.

Confidence looks so far off.
  • Sponsored links:

Don’t you just know Lukaku would tear us a new one if we met Belgium in the World Cup….. which is incredibly annoying seeing as he looks so crap 

You watched a different game to me. On another day it could have been his defending that helped Chelsea lift the cup. Did make up for it a bit with some good work in the last half hour but brilliant? His ability on the ball is unquestionable mind. 
  • Was in a pub in Hackney yesterday that was wall to wall with Liverpool shirts. Took great pleasure in calling a load of them out for the lack of scouse accent. Hate the lot of them 
  • The magic of the cup is that one of the top 6 or 7 will win it and 4 will be in the semi finals....it has become boring after round 4 these days.

The last midtable/average teams to win it were Portsmouth and wigan.

Over the last 30+ years, it has pretty much just been arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man united etc.

Part of me did think the super League might have helped...so them lot f*ck off and unpredictable competitive nature and desire could perhaps return. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    pleased for millwall tbh  -  they still have another south london club who also haven't won fuck all in their entire existence to console themselves with - we're having a bad time atm but that will turn - ultimately, we still hold the record as the most successful south london club (trophy wise), the highest attendance,  the biggest average crowd in a season, the most years in the top division, the biggest ground and the best ground. We aren't laughed at nationally like palace for being a gang of ultra freaks or millwall for being, well just a bit of a magnet for the socially inadequate. Things actually ain't bad - roll on next season !!!     
    Tell me, how did you enjoy your 1947 FA Cup win? 
    Almost as much as our 1939-45 win I expect. They all count. 🙂
  • Grown fucking men acting like that, embarrassing 
  • Happy Liverpool won. Never could stand Chelsea. Well, not since the sixties anyway. 
  • Winning both the League cup and FA cup in the same season is an incredible achievement. Such resilience.

Not to mention they are in the champions League final and they might pinch the premier League on the last day.

At the moment, they are definitely the best team in the world...by far 
  • Grown fucking men acting like that, embarrassing 
    A guy I know went to the game with his 12 year old son who was wearing a Chelsea shirt. Afterwards at St Pancras a grown man called his son a "dirty Chelsea c***". Don't know what is wrong with some people but it didn't end well for the bloke who said it.