Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 2021/22 Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2022
  • Options
    Chelski’s success is built on money stolen from the common man in the former Soviet Union.  

But never mind, CP are just down the road so we must HATE them and ALL who supports them.

Anyone here with a child/grandchild who supports them?

My guess is yes.  

To all the haters, grow up and concentrate on the more important aspects of life.  
    Palace's current success is in large part down to screwing over people a lot closer to home than Russia.

How many local businesses lost out or went under when they were into administration?  Twice.
    Screwed over a load of small businesses by going bust and then broke their transfer record within a year after coming through it.  Got and stayed in the PL off the back of the likes of Loftus Cheek and Batshuayi etc all borrowed off the Ruski's.
  • Options
    I was offered a ticket in their end today, but turned it down as I couldn't bear the thought of being there if they won. Wish I'd gone now! 
  • Options
    ROTW said:

Sha la la
    Your hardly doing yourself any favours with that photo.
    Bit like someone’s grandad nicking their grandsons jacket.
    Are we not allowed to wear the clobber that came out in our era then? 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Chelski’s success is built on money stolen from the common man in the former Soviet Union.  

But never mind, CP are just down the road so we must HATE them and ALL who supports them.

Anyone here with a child/grandchild who supports them?

My guess is yes.  

To all the haters, grow up and concentrate on the more important aspects of life.  
    Hahahahahaahahaha fuck off 

This. Football without rivalries is nothing. 

100%, you spanner prick.
  • Options
    ROTW said:

Sha la la

Your, you're
    Grandsons, grandson's
    As an aside, the 80's casual movement was a cracking era.  What are YOUR thoughts on that?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    ROTW said:

Sha la la

Mine is still the original gear........
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    ROTW said:

Sha la la

Incidentally……what were you doing in Portsmouth?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curb_It said:
    ROTW said:

Sha la la

Met up with a few of my old 6.57 mates, then did a bit of retail therapy in Gunwharf Quays.
    Next.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Curb_It said:
    ROTW said:

Sha la la

Met up with a few of my old 6.57 mates, then did a bit of retail therapy in Gunwharf Quays.
    You have exactly 6.57 mates?
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Curb_It said:
    ROTW said:

Sha la la

You have exactly 6.57 mates?
    One of them is a dwarf.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    ROTW said:

Sha la la

Next.
    Bet they only turned up because they thought Millwall would be with you 😉
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    pleased for millwall tbh  -  they still have another south london club who also haven't won fuck all in their entire existence to console themselves with - we're having a bad time atm but that will turn - ultimately, we still hold the record as the most successful south london club (trophy wise), the highest attendance,  the biggest average crowd in a season, the most years in the top division, the biggest ground and the best ground. We aren't laughed at nationally like palace for being a gang of ultra freaks or millwall for being, well just a bit of a magnet for the socially inadequate. Things actually ain't bad - roll on next season !!!     
    Tell me, how did you enjoy your 1947 FA Cup win? 
  • Options
    Two of my friends were in the Chelsea end.
    Both Addicks as their Dad was.
    Both their kids are Chelsea fans 😔
    Suppose I should be grateful as one married a Spanner.

🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    DOUCHER said:
    pleased for millwall tbh  -  they still have another south london club who also haven't won fuck all in their entire existence to console themselves with - we're having a bad time atm but that will turn - ultimately, we still hold the record as the most successful south london club (trophy wise), the highest attendance,  the biggest average crowd in a season, the most years in the top division, the biggest ground and the best ground. We aren't laughed at nationally like palace for being a gang of ultra freaks or millwall for being, well just a bit of a magnet for the socially inadequate. Things actually ain't bad - roll on next season !!!     
    Every day, immensely. 
    took the words out of my keyboard - knowing its in the locker and can be brought out to irritate when required is always a good thing - i've watched the final highlights a few times recently as well on the museum archive and that is also enjoyable - a lot more enjoyable than i can imagine that embarrassing capitulation against man utd was - at least palace had a go against man utd, although of course they ultimately ended up as losers as well  :)
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Off_it said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Every day, immensely. 
    took the words out of my keyboard - knowing its in the locker and can be brought out to irritate when required is always a good thing - i've watched the final highlights a few times recently as well on the museum archive and that is also enjoyable - a lot more enjoyable than i can imagine that embarrassing capitulation against man utd was - at least palace had a go against man utd, although of course they ultimately ended up as losers as well  :)
    Every day? Even the days this season when you’ve lost to such footballing giants as Morecombe, Accrington Stanley (twice) and relegated Crewe Alexandra? 
    You’ve consoled yourself with the fact that you won the FA Cup before you was born? Hmmm, ok mate. 😆😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Off_it said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Every day, immensely. 
    Every day? Even the days this season when you’ve lost to such footballing giants as Morecombe, Accrington Stanley (twice) and relegated Crewe Alexandra? 
    You’ve consoled yourself with the fact that you won the FA Cup before you was born? Hmmm, ok mate. 😆😂
    yes, its always there my little blue friend - u may understand that yourself one day but highly unlikely  B)
  • Options
    Watched the first 25 mins of the Palace Chelsea game....so boring I left the pub to go to a wine bar and sat outside watching the world go by before meeting Mrs H, glad Palace lost hope Chelsea lose the final.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    This year's  FA Cup final kicks off at 4.45 which is earlier than the than the usual kick off time of the passed four or five years, the reason, if the match goes to extra time/penalties, it would clash with the start of the broadcast of the Eurovision Song  Contest.  :):)
  • Options
    Is there a reason they put this on a Saturday and have put all prem games on Sunday? Normally full Sunday fixture list is last game of the season. 
  • Options
    Saw the Goodyear blimp this morning and remembered how excited I used to get about FA Cup final day when I was a kid. Will still watch it as I do every year but such a shame how much the competition has fallen down the list of priorities for clubs. 

I’d still take winning the cup rather than the league if you gave me a choice though.
  • Options
    Today is the day that Liverpool's hopes of a Quadruple ends.

Chelsea... Dont let us down
  • Options
    What a dull final. One club where the FA Cup is just part of a potential quadruple, and only the 3rd most important trophy. The other Chelsea who have been in 5 of the last 6 finals. 

It's the lack of variety which is killing the occasion. Big 6 clubs (other than Spurs) taking it in turns to win the trophy, with only the occasional outsider (Pompey, Wigan, Leicester) to give us a win that really matters to the club.
  • Options
    Shows what free to air football can do. well for me anyway. Have barely seen a European game since ITV lost its rights, the odd one that i have seen has been in a pub. Didn't even know who was in the final till today. Plus the fact there is now 3 European competitions?! Rangers being in one of them. 

Yet because the FA cup has been on free to view tv i have been watching it throughout.

The final is between two of the top six which is a shame but at least palace aint there, the BBCs endless "magic of the cup" shite does do my head in but I do still look forward to cup final day. No where near as much as i used to but it hurts that each season we capitulate in the competition cos it still holds a place in mine and many a fans mind and i would love if we would go on a cup run. 
  • Options

Chelsea are 13/5 with skybet to win within 90 mins.

They have already qualified for next seasons champions League.

Historic Liverpool rivalry 

Revenge for Carling cup final

Chelsea have had a stressor this season via the club ownership obstacle. They will want to prove themselves. Will probably be a number of bookings in this game!

They may not be better than Liverpool and might not be as organised, but I certainly believe they will want it more.

• Options
    Dave2l said:

Chelsea are 13/5 with skybet to win within 90 mins.

They have already qualified for next seasons champions League.

Historic Liverpool rivalry 

Revenge for Carling cup final

Chelsea have had a stressor this season via the club ownership obstacle. They will want to prove themselves. Will probably be a number of bookings in this game!

They may not be better than Liverpool and might not be as organised, but I certainly believe they will want it more.

Chelsea certainly can concentrate more on this match, though on the other hand Liverpool's next game is against Southampton, a team they'd expect to beat even if they rest players