Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup 2021/22 Thread

Comments

• So do we play Havant or Waterlooville first and what times do the games kick off.
  • Ross Worner to play and have a blinder?
  • Mr Adkins lives down that way, so I assume he was checking out the opposition at the game.
  • This tie smacks of a new low waiting to happen
  • This tie smacks of a new low waiting to happen
    We've been knocked out in the first round by a club 2 steps below the league once already (Northwich Victoria), so not a completely new low. 
    (This is my entry for the 2021 international straw-clutching championships).
  • ....that one was away!
  • The BBC have picked Sudbury vs Colchester, and St Albans vs Forest Green as their live matches
  • That was a massive cup shock ..
  • Sponsored links:

• The BBC have picked Sudbury vs Colchester, and St Albans vs Forest Green as their live matches
    ITV on the other hand will probably show Man Utd in the League ;) 
  • I hadn't realised Gary Johnson was the Torquay manager now
    ITV on the other hand will probably show Man Utd in the League ;) 
    They're showing the next best thing

ITV will show Banbury United v Barrow, Sheffield Wednesday v Plymouth Argyle, Stratford Town v Shrewsbury Town and Dagenham & Redbridge v Salford City.
  • Banbury Utd v Barrow 
    Stratford Town v Shrewsbury
    Dag & Red v Salford
    Sheff Wed v Plymouth

Are the four ties that ITV have genuinely picked

Not surprised by the last one sadly - I suppose they have picked Man Utd as well given the Salford City links ;) 
  • If the tie was the other way round it would have made the TV 
    It’s a weird one - The Valley has all the facilities and vantage points that a TV company needs, and we are playing a Natl Lge South team - I went to Maldon and Tiptree vs Newport in 2019, and the TV company had brought their own floodlights as Maldon’s weren’t good enough
    It’s a weird one - The Valley has all the facilities and vantage points that a TV company needs, and we are playing a Natl Lge South team - I went to Maldon and Tiptree vs Newport in 2019, and the TV company had brought their own floodlights as Maldon’s weren’t good enough
    The big boys visiting a tight little ground, with a bobbly pitch and tiny dressing rooms is all part of the "magic of the cup"

Especially as we have Ben Watson in our side, scorer of the winner in 2013
    The big boys visiting a tight little ground, with a bobbly pitch and tiny dressing rooms is all part of the "magic of the cup"

Add into the mix that The Valley will be almost empty, then probably Charlton declined to be televised !!
  • Sponsored links:

Add into the mix that The Valley will be almost empty, then probably Charlton declined to be televised !!
    3000 in the Hawks' ground would generate a great atmosphere, 3000 at The Valley would be like a morgue  :#
  • Saw havant at ebbsfleet a few weeks ago, they are an extremely tall side.
  • Can we watch it on Charlton TV?
  • edited October 2021
    There was 4,494 at The Valley when we played Truro in Nov 2017, and there must have been nearly 1K from Truro for that one. 
  • Can we watch it on Charlton TV?
    Probably not, as we werent allowed to show the League Cup game.
  • When are the tickets going on sale?  
  • I'd fancy us to beat either Havant or Waterlooville ..  but with our record in cups, we will find it tough going against both of them
  • CAFCTrev said:
    There was 4,494 at The Valley when we played Truro in Nov 2017, and there must have been nearly 1K from Truro for that one. 
    If I recall it was a Sunday game at 13.00.