Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is the best bit of Charlton memorabilia you own?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Delfin said:

I had no idea George Best played for us, even though it was only a testimonial.  Does anyone know the story of why he played in that game?

Long sleeve though, would he have worn two? 
    a quick search suggests Best played in two matches - A Derek Hales X1 at Welling and Les Berrys testimonial, which I assume was at The Valley. The picture with the long sleeves doesnt look like The Valley (it looks more like a park pitch with dark pitch markings and people at the side of the pitch)?
    Ah I see, interesting thanks. 
    I'm sure others on here will fill in the gaps!
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Swisdom said:
    FA Cup Winner's Medal  B)

Not mine but my step-grandfather John Thomas Thornton Shreeve but known as Jack  (if that's a thing - he was my step-mother's father)
    As kids, on the way to school, we would stop off in Jack Shreeve's sweetshop most mornings.

Although I knew that he had played for Charlton, stupidly I didn't realise that he had a Cup Winners medal.  If only we had asked 'Mr Shreeve' if we could see it!

I was thinking about Jack recently and decided to check out his Wiki page.

While I knew that he had died young (aged 48), I hadn't realised that his date of death was 30 July 1966.

Don't mean to pry, but is there a story there @Swisdom?
    None that I am aware of however I will ask.  I think it was just a cruel twist of fate