Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is the best bit of Charlton memorabilia you own?

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Oops wrong thread 
  • Options
    There was an oral history project in the late 80s which resulted in an exhibition at the library in Plumstead, sharing people's memories of things that happened in the club's early days. I went to that when it didn't have long left to run, and the guy from the library gave me a poster for it which they weren't going to use. It spent a lot of time attached to walls in various student accommodation, then went into a cupboard. It's now on indefinite load to the museum and in their cupboard instead of mine.

The oldest thing I have is a 1949 club handbook, which I got off ebay. 
  • Options
    IAgree said:
    100th anniversary shirt signed by Curbs - is lucky every time I wear it we win.

Actually must dig it out!
    I agree
  • Options
    Piece of the old Valley turf from the Stoke game
    Signed program and shirt from Derek Hales testimonial by all players from both teams
    Match worn and signed Izale McLeod shirt
    Program I appeared in when I ran the London Marathon for Whizz Kidz and Junior Reds
    Now that is one excellent shirt by the sounds of it.  As a collector of shirts I would love to see a picture of it if you were able.
  • Options

Really nicely framed those.  

• Options
    edited October 2021
    One day I’ll dig out the boxes of stuff buried under a load of other stuff in the loft and the shed but I can’t think of anything I might have that’s uniquely memorable for Charlton. Maybe the small cartoon cut out of the Evening News after we got relegated in the Blackpool game and the EN poked fun about the new places we’d get to visit - Mansfield, Rochdale and another if I recall rightly. I do have some stuff for other clubs that’s come my way over the years - Press black and white photos of the first Palace game in the first division 69/70 against Man Utd - Bobby Charlton in one (does that count ?). I also have a Wimbledon player of the year/end of season dinner programme from the early sixties that seems to have been signed by just about everybody in the room. Both lots just too good to throw away, even the first one.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    LoOkOuT said:
    Signed, original, threatening letter from Katrina Meire’s solicitor.
    Museum piece
    You’re absolutely right, good idea. Once I find it, I’ll start a museum. 
    It's a lot harder than you think  B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Best memorabilia belong in the museum
  • Options
    Piece of the East Terrace in the back garden liberated on September 21st 1985.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    LoOkOuT said:
    Signed, original, threatening letter from Katrina Meire’s solicitor.
    Museum piece
    You’re absolutely right, good idea. Once I find it, I’ll start a museum. 
    😂😂
  • Options
    The laundry basket that Karel Fraeye hid in.
  • Options
    Piece of valley turf after we beat Preston 3-1 in 1975. Planted in my dads garden in Gravesend.
  • Options
    A bit different.

If the museum wants it I'll bring it in sometime.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ashers said:
    Piece of valley turf after we beat Preston 3-1 in 1975. Planted in my dads garden in Gravesend.
    You made me dig out my old scrapbook Chippy. A couple of blades of grass from the same night at the top of the page! 
    Love old scrapbooks.Bangkokaddick said:
    A bit different.

Thanks but we have this one.   A very young Steve Brown.
  • Options
    Ashers said:
    You made me dig out my old scrapbook Chippy. A couple of blades of grass from the same night at the top of the page! 
    Love old scrapbooks.Bangkokaddick said:
    A bit different.

Thanks but we have this one.   A very young Steve Brown.
    In fairness, they are all very young compared to now...

I'm late forties and still can't accept there are players that are younger than me.
  • Options
    Ashers said:
    Wow great stuff mate. Slightly off subject i have a friend who lives in Caton nr Lancaster and she has the penalty spot from Morecombe's old ground planted in her front garden of her house. The guy she bought the house from was a fanatical Morecombe fan
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    I own a few framed signed shirts but my favourite piece I have lost! It is the enamel badge produced for the Back to the Valley game against Portsmouth. It is in the house somewhere but I made the mistake of putting it in a safe place. 

I also have the purple and green shirt from the 90s which comes a close second and I still wear it from time to time. On my honeymoon in 1999 in Mexico a shop holder offered me anything in his shop for it but despite him having some nice stuff I wasn't tempted. And I had already burnt my back in the sun!

I also have a Sam Bartram autograph which I am going to design a frame for, but this project is on the back burner.
  • Options
    I've got serious envy over some of these pieces.
  • Options
    A bit different.

Total mind blank. What was the name of the goalie on the left ? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    A bit different.

Hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like it might be Lee Harison to me.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    A bit different.

Hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like it might be Lee Harison to me.
    Definitely Harrison.
  • Options
    I own a few framed signed shirts but my favourite piece I have lost! It is the enamel badge produced for the Back to the Valley game against Portsmouth. It is in the house somewhere but I made the mistake of putting it in a safe place. 

I also have the purple and green shirt from the 90s which comes a close second and I still wear it from time to time. On my honeymoon in 1999 in Mexico a shop holder offered me anything in his shop for it but despite him having some nice stuff I wasn't tempted. And I had already burnt my back in the sun!

I also have a Sam Bartram autograph which I am going to design a frame for, but this project is on the back burner.
    You should have asked him for his back. 
  • Options
    In Dec 31st 1966 I went to Charlton v Millwall (0-0) and collected quite a lot of autographs after the game. 
    Had I still got it that would be my favourite personal piece of memorabilia. Everything seemed to get chucked out in those days.