Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is the best bit of Charlton memorabilia you own?

Comments

• Options
    I've got serious envy over some of these pieces.
    You’ll have to visit my museum.
  • Options
    Miss Charlton Athletic 2002 knickers 
  • Options
    Shag said:
    Miss Charlton Athletic 2002 knickers 
    2002? I recall we had some sticky patches that year.
  • Options
    The seat number of my old season ticket in the East Stand.  Brings back memories of the lady next to me who shouted and swore throughout the games. ;-)
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    The seat number of my old season ticket in the East Stand.  Brings back memories of the lady next to me who shouted and swore throughout the games. ;-)
    Your wife did get a bit carried away on occasions.
  • Options
    Programme from the 1947 final and Ticket stub 
    signed shirt from 18/19 season 
    signed Jackos last game programme

• Options
    I have some fluff from inside Katrien's sofa that was destroyed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    George Best shirt from Les Berry testimonial  v Arsenal
  • Options
    Delfin said:
    On @Henry Irving's behalf...."that should be in a museum"
  • Options
    Delfin said:
    On @Henry Irving's behalf...."that should be in a museum"
    we've got that shirt already but without the scribble 😂
  • Options
    Ah, those were the days, J ! 

And I thought you might have erased those memories by now....or do you still wake up screaming in the wee small hours ? 
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    I’ve posted this before, but more then happy to post again. 

Match day top, worn by Darren Pitcher in that little game against Portsmouth. Gary Nelson made the frame. 
    Fair bit of business had by Nelson after that game! Seems all the frames are the same. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Stewart said:

Match day top, worn by Darren Pitcher in that little game against Portsmouth. Gary Nelson made the frame. 
    Fair bit of business had by Nelson after that game! Seems all the frames are the same. 
    Correct they were
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Stewart said:

He framed the jeans (with grass stains on the knees) that I wore during a sexual encounter I had with a young lady in the centre circle at The Valley one night. 
    Do you do the knee slide on entry or after the event?
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Stewart said:

He framed the jeans (with grass stains on the knees) that I wore during a sexual encounter I had with a young lady in the centre circle at The Valley one night. 
    Do you do the knee slide on entry or after the event?
    On entry mate. Two footed tackle afterwards. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    Swisdom said:
    FA Cup Winner's Medal  B)

Not mine but my step-grandfather John Thomas Thornton Shreeve but known as Jack  (if that's a thing - he was my step-mother's father)
    As kids, on the way to school, we would stop off in Jack Shreeve's sweetshop most mornings.

Although I knew that he had played for Charlton, stupidly I didn't realise that he had a Cup Winners medal.  If only we had asked 'Mr Shreeve' if we could see it!

I was thinking about Jack recently and decided to check out his Wiki page.

While I knew that he had died young (aged 48), I hadn't realised that his date of death was 30 July 1966.

Don't mean to pry, but is there a story there @Swisdom?
  • Options
    Delfin said:

Museum piece if ever I saw one
  • Options
    Delfin said:

I had no idea George Best played for us, even though it was only a testimonial.  Does anyone know the story of why he played in that game?
  • Options
    I remember getting George Best to sign the programme at the Testimonial.  No idea what happened to it though.
  • Options
    Delfin said:

I had no idea George Best played for us, even though it was only a testimonial.  Does anyone know the story of why he played in that game?
    Not sure how/why he played but pretty sure he scored with a header. He wouldn't sign my programme after the game which pissed me off (neither would Pat Jennings).

I had that white Osca shirt but it got sold on here a few years ago for the upbeats. It might even be the one that the museum now have.
  • Options
    Delfin said:

Long sleeve though, would he have worn two? 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Talal said:
    Delfin said:

a quick search suggests Best played in two matches - A Derek Hales X1 at Welling and Les Berrys testimonial, which I assume was at The Valley. The picture with the long sleeves doesnt look like The Valley (it looks more like a park pitch with dark pitch markings and people at the side of the pitch)?
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Delfin said:

a quick search suggests Best played in two matches - A Derek Hales X1 at Welling and Les Berrys testimonial, which I assume was at The Valley. The picture with the long sleeves doesnt look like The Valley (it looks more like a park pitch with dark pitch markings and people at the side of the pitch)?
    Ah I see, interesting thanks. 
  • Options
    Only one contender for me, a wedding card signed by the entire 1985-86 (promotion-winning) squad, inc Curbs