Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is the best bit of Charlton memorabilia you own?

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    The bag of crisps I bought from the kiosk on the day of the crisps protest but was too chicken to throw onto the pitch 

Must have been a powerful crisp.

Did you think about Salt & Vinegar?
  • Options
    Signed shirt from the 98 Sunderland game, a programme from the first Charlton game I saw (1963) and a black and white picture of Sam Bartram advertising goal nets taken at the Valley.

• Options
    Got a few bits and pieces up in the loft, including my first scarf from the 70's which has sentimental value to me, but is entirely unimpressive against some of the beauties on this thread.

Big case of memorabilia envy.

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    'Thanks Curbs' sign held up at his last game at Old Trafford. 

The museum were after one of those for ages and typically having had one come in from one generous fan we then got another.

We've framed one of them and it's now on display with Curbs lucky boots.
  • Options
    Nothing too exotic, but the one thing I have from my "investment" in Charlton shares is a signed team photo from 93/94, framed by Garry Nelson's company!
    That’s interesting. About a year ago my Mum bought a framed team photo from this season. She saw it in a charity shop for £1 and bought it for me. I’m not home now but I’m sure the frame is quite slim, plain and red. 
    If this was framed by Garry Nelson it has just gone up in sentimental value. 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    FA Cup Winner's Medal  B)

Not mine but my step-grandfather John Thomas Thornton Shreeve but known as Jack  (if that's a thing - he was my step-mother's father)
    We have a winner - close the thread
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    FA Cup Winner's Medal  B)

Not mine but my step-grandfather John Thomas Thornton Shreeve but known as Jack  (if that's a thing - he was my step-mother's father)

That is superb. Not sure how that can be beaten - maybe two fa cup medals? 😃
    We've got the runners-up one too
    Close the thread twice. 
  • Options
    I have a signed pennant from the whole team from the 2002/03 season, a friend gifted it to me when he found out I was a Charlton fan, I think he'd won it in a raffle at primary school from memory. Chuffed to bits with it 10 years later and it still hangs above my bed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mametz said:
    Gribbo said:

That has to be the worst paint job I’ve ever seen!
    My blind grandad painted it. Think they call it patina 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Dave Rudd said:
    A light fitting from the old Board Room.

It's pictured in Sam Bartram's book ... much younger then, of course ... but still clearly recognisable.

Dave, that desperately needs restoring to its former glory!
  • Options
    One of Bob Bolders boots from Plymouth away in 1991. Tal Ben Haims signed poppy shirt from Reading away a few years ago. 
    Like.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Steve Gritt’s shirt from our last old first division game.
    Keith Peacock signed program away to Bolton in 1965.
    BTTV shirt signed by Colin Walsh
    A lot of ‘98 play off stuff. After dinner menu signed by Clive, a Woolwich town hall invite to name but a few.
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:

It's pictured in Sam Bartram's book ... much younger then, of course ... but still clearly recognisable.

And remove it from the sauna.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Home programme v Blackburn Rovers 26 April 1958, my first match I can remember attending as a nipper. Only needed a draw to go straight back to the top flight but lost 3-4, typical Charlton, in front of a 56000 plus crowd. Dad perched me on the wall at the top of the East terrace, level with the Covered End. 

A signed ball and shirt (framed) by the all conquering record breaking Chris Powell 2011/12 squad, subsequently gifted to my son.
  • Options
    Charlie Revel was a sports master at my school, he gave me a pair of shorts (proper long baggy 50s style) when i left mine at home, and i was playing for the school kept them years. 
    Think they got thrown out a couple of house moves ago.
    Other than that a pair of boots i used to played on the pitch in May, Still got the turf on them, Will never be worn again, and will never be cleaned.
  • Options
    Colin Walsh BTTV shirt.
    A lot of ‘98 play off stuff. After dinner menu signed by Clive, a Woolwich town hall invite to name but a few.

Talal said:
    Colin Walsh's shirt from the back at the valley game thanks to @Addickted.
    Also an Omar Bogle match shirt to level things out. 
    Hope Colin Walsh wore a clean shirt in each half.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Colin Walsh BTTV shirt.

Talal said:
    Haha expect he means a shirt from that season with bttv scroll on badge rather than that particular game. Believe they were all raffled off after the match. 
  • Options
    Got loads of stuff, much of it donated to the museum but my prized item is a match worn Yann shirt. It was his shirt.from the last day of the season against Bristol City and he scored two. I washed it when I got in and got him to sign it the next day at the POTY dinner. 
  • Options
    A signed photo of Colin Walsh scoring the goal against Portsmouth in the first match back.

i was told it was a one off which I have believed all these years. During lockdown, I saw the same photo on someone else’s wall!!
  • Options
    100th anniversary shirt signed by Curbs - is lucky every time I wear it we win.

Actually must dig it out!
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:

So do, I @SoundAsa£ ... so do I.

Maybe I'll take it to those guys on TV ... you know, the ones in the barn who bring things back to life.
  • Options
    I’ve been trying hard to find this but not sure where it is

1985/86 season I went to the JuniorReds party at The Valley Club (even though we were at Selhurst)

I won the raffle so there’s a great pic of me with Jimmy Hill and all the players in the background 

The prize was a VIP game it was a midweek 2-2 with Brighton at selhurst met all the players in the dressing room before 

great days 
  • Options
    Colin Walsh BTTV shirt.

Talal said:
    No, my is a signed BTTV shirt by Colin Walsh.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Got loads of stuff, much of it donated to the museum but my prized item is a match worn Yann shirt. It was his shirt.from the last day of the season against Bristol City and he scored two. I washed it when I got in and got him to sign it the next day at the POTY dinner. 
    Good to see some fans do the right thing.