Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fleetwood Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 2nd October 2021 | Match Preview

Comments

• Can't believe how much we are missing Pratley and JF-C, neither of whom I rated too highly but both knew how to defend when necessary. We are so naive at the moment, leaving ourselves so open to the counter attack. Doubt if we'll win but hope we do.
  • Is this the game Adkins just tells everyone to “spread out” in a last ditch attempt to provide some tactical genius? 
  • Sadly I cannot see this ever changing team win tomorrow which hopefully will persuade our ageing 
    Rockstar owner to Sack the smiling Scoucer
    Adkins and get JJ and Curbs involved 👍👍
  • RedChaser said:
    ‘Things can only get better’ by D:Ream; very apt FA, that’s about all we can do at the moment 😩.
    It was released in 1993, having been recorded in a small studio in Camden - now the site of a Sainsbury store. 
    Sorry, not football related, but our performances make me want to think about something else. 
    Well there is an 80s "Things Can Only Get Better", but it's not D:Ream
    Wanders off singing "... and do you feel scared? I do, but I won't stop and falter..."
  • I am so sick of this. Did not want him in the first place but sure, give him a chance. 10 games is enough. Adkins just get out of our club. We will pick up when he goes. Fleetwood should be the final straw? 6/4 if you can bear to back against the Addicks. 1-0 Fleetwood.

You reminded me I backed Bolton (2/1). Doesn’t give me any great pleasure to have won a couple of quid on Tuesday. The idea was to relieve the misery if we lost, but totally forgot I’d put the bet on. I doubt it would have helped much anyway. 
  • Last roll of the dice for Mr. Adkins today surely.  It works, we win with a scruffy 1 -0 but will it be enough to convince Tommy to keep the P45 in his drawer....
  • Chunes said:
    We need to start getting points on the board soon or we're in trouble. This is starting to remind me of the Champ season under Pards where we thought we were too big and too good to go down, and then we did. 
    yes Chunes I agree, was thinking just the other day about the parallels with that season.

Its the players mentality that worries me. Most come in from other clubs in the same division thinking they are coming for a promotion party and are like rabbits caught in headlights when reality dawns. You need strong leaders in these situations. As I recall there were none that season you mention which I think was 08/09.

Let's just hope today's the start of a turn in fortunes and we go on an unbeaten run, with some wins please... 
  • Kips said:
    Chunes said:
    We need to start getting points on the board soon or we're in trouble. This is starting to remind me of the Champ season under Pards where we thought we were too big and too good to go down, and then we did. 
    yes Chunes I agree, was thinking just the other day about the parallels with that season.

Its the players mentality that worries me. Most come in from other clubs in the same division thinking they are coming for a promotion party and are like rabbits caught in headlights when reality dawns. You need strong leaders in these situations. As I recall there were none that season you mention which I think was 08/09.

Let's just hope today's the start of a turn in fortunes and we go on an unbeaten run, with some wins please... 
    Kips said:
    Chunes said:

100% agree with you all 👍👍👍
     and  after 50 years supporting this Club 
        The only way to stop this Shit Storm is to get rid of the grinning has been Scoucer and Give the job to JJ overseen by Curbs........ I rest my case 
  • I have no expectations.  What's sadder is I'm almost starting to lose interest.
  • Sponsored links:

• wmcf123 said:
    Talal said:
    Who knows, nothing seems to work. This might be too negative but the full backs need protecting that the wingers aren't providing. Gunter is very poor but Matthews wasn't good enough so needs to come out. 

MacG

Gunter     Lavelle      Famewo     Purrington 
                                Dobson 

Washington  Clare      Gilbey        Souare 

Davison

That looks horrific 
    We can't play one up front but at least it doesn't have Watson.
  • Cods v Haddocks, plenty of fishyness going on
  • edited October 2021
    I have no expectations.  What's sadder is I'm almost starting to lose interest.
    The only time I start to lose interest is when we’re mid table with nothing to play for, which doesn’t seem to happen very often. 
  • edited October 2021
    This time last season 
    Burton were 24th and Oxford were 23rd ….. where did Oxford finish ??
    A positive point Ronnie..mind you in answer to your question, a fluky 6th on GD, and back in the same shite league we are in.. B)
  • Can't believe how much we are missing Pratley and JF-C, neither of whom I rated too highly but both knew how to defend when necessary. We are so naive at the moment, leaving ourselves so open to the counter attack. Doubt if we'll win but hope we do.
    I get the sentiment, but we’re not missing them imo.  We’re missing better players than them.  If Pratley was still body checking players, doing his little trick where he buys a foul in the middle of our half, only to pass back to Pearce who passes sideways to Gunter, we’d be equally as wound up with him as we ever were (and let’s not pretend he was pretty poor last season and frustrating to watch, regardless of his contributions before and leadership qualities).  He would equally at home as Watson does now.  

You can argue he’s a better option than Watson, but I don’t think you (not you personally), can say he’s what we need or would be someone that could get us any higher than we are.  

As for JFC, I think he would improve us slightly.  
  • If we're going to win we need to win ugly and grind out a result, nothing I've seen this season suggests we're capable of doing that.

2-1 Fleetwood.
  • If Dobson and Watson both start, that would be terrible.

might as well play Gunter as right wing up in front of Matthews, purrington just behind soare and gilbey and Washington up front. 
  • “Gutna”
  • “Gutna”
    JD
  • Magilvree
  • Sponsored links:

• surprisingly emphatic 5-1 victory, buys Adkins time. JJ seen shooting daggers at hat trick hero Davison at full time.
  • For the first time this season, I am not even tempted to buy a stream if I can’t make the game and that’s really sad.

We need 3 points today because I dread to think what might occur if we are to sit bottom of the league by the time we next play at The Valley against Accrington Stanley.
  • edited October 2021
    Probably have better luck predicting by picking names out of a hat, but, here we go.

McGillivray
      Gunter Lavelle Pearce Purrington
                           Watson
          Lee Gilbey Clare Washington
                           Davison

Henderson, Famewo, Sourae,Dobson, Kirk, CBT, Stockley.

Out of all of Adkins's favoured formations don't think he's really used 4141 with us yet, at least not outright, it's easily turned into the 433 pushing Lee and Washington further up.

Actually think we'll get a 1-2 win.
  • surprisingly emphatic 5-1 victory, buys Adkins time. JJ seen shooting daggers at hat trick hero Davison at full time.
    Steve McLaren seen throwing a half eaten pasty against the wall of the directors box. 
  • Hopeless isn't it?
    1 point on the pools coupon.
  • Probably have better luck predicting by picking names out of a hat, but, here we go.

McGillivray
      Gunter Lavelle Pearce Purrington
                           Watson
          Lee Gilbey Clare Washington
                           Davison

Henderson, Famewo, Sourae,Dobson, Kirk, CBT, Stockley.

Out of all of Adkins's favoured formations don't think he's really used 4141 with us yet, at least not outright, it's easily turned into the 433 pushing Lee and Washington further up.

Actually think we'll get a 1-2 win.
    That personnel has a diamond written all over it. Gilbey and Clare the two middle midfielders and they got the legs for it, Lee behind the front two of Davison and Washington.
  • Really hope we get a result today. Need some positivity going into a two week international break. Dreading that we will lose and bottom and will have two weeks of looking at that league table in anger.
  • edited October 2021
  • Anything other than a convincing win with a coherent performance, then NA OUT, Heart say 0-2 to us, head says 0-0.
    Adkins gone Monday, JJ/Euell, till Xmas, see where we are. 
    Cant believe we talking about fitness levels 10 games in!