Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fleetwood Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 2nd October 2021 | Match Preview

Comments

• Wind blowing like a bitch, Charlton surrendering, and Lifers going into meltdown, nothing will change. 
  • Let's give the other players a chance as they can't be worse can they, I'd have B-T on the bench as an impact sub and give Souaré and Kirk a chance on the left

Henderson
    Gunter. Lavelle, Desi, Souaré
    Leko, Gilbey, Clare, Kirk,
    Washington, Davison

Mac, B-T, Lee, Dobson, Stockley, Matthews, Watson
  • A tough one to predict, on paper it's going to be a goal fest as neither side can keep a clean sheet and Fleetwood are quite high scoring.

It's hard to see us gaining 3 points, not easy seeing one point TBH.

I'll go for a 4-3/4-4, sadly I'm erring on losing 4-3.

Formation should be interesting, will we see the usual 4/5 changes...... FWIW I think 442:

MacGillivray
    Matthews- Lavelle - Famewo - Souare
    Kirk - Clare - Gilbey - Lee
    Washington - Davison

But will probably be;

MacGillivray
    Gunter - Lavelle - Pearce - Purrington
    Clare - Watson - Gilbey -
    Lee - Washington - Stockley

Can't believe the 11th game of the season is already a relegation 6 pointer!
  • Weather forecast looks filthy and the ground is exposed at the best of times.  Will be a chance to observe whether the players are fighting for NA and the shirt but suspect it renders the result a bit of a lottery.  
  • Sage said:
    Credit to you mate for putting this together, would have been really hard to write.

Not a clue on the team and most going for 5 at the back, with Adkins saying about conceding too many and being away from home in horrible conditions next to the sea, I can see 5 at the back as well. Just don’t know if he’s going to want to start that negative, tough one.

Not a clue so maybe something like…

MacGillivray
    Gunter Lavelle Pearce Famewo Souaré
    Clare Arter Gilbey
    Davison Washington

Henderson, Purrington, Morgan, Kirk, Lee, Leko, Stockley

Your guess is as good as mine.
    Jesus, that team has no width, speed or attacking flair. Reminds me of the team Curbs put out away to Wigan (yes, the manager you all want back) back on 2005. Lost that one 3-0.
  • Definitely a Pearce sort of game, with the conditions it'll be a battle
  • Well done to all making the trip, considering the garbage form we find ourselves in.

Be happy with a scrappy 1-0 win but ill be honest, I just cant see where this win is coming from.
  • Sage said:
    Credit to you mate for putting this together, would have been really hard to write.

Not a clue on the team and most going for 5 at the back, with Adkins saying about conceding too many and being away from home in horrible conditions next to the sea, I can see 5 at the back as well. Just don’t know if he’s going to want to start that negative, tough one.

MacGillivray
    Clare Arter Gilbey
    Davison Washington

Jesus, that team has no width, speed or attacking flair. Reminds me of the team Curbs put out away to Wigan (yes, the manager you all want back) back on 2005. Lost that one 3-0.
    Width, speed and attacking flair haven't exactly been serving us well have they? Might not be pretty but we need to try to grind out some results, even if that means lining up more defensively. 
  • Sponsored links:

• It's always darkest before dawn.  And when we sit in the Premier League and Champions League in a few years time, this period will keep us grounded and make us enjoy those sweet times the more.

The turn around in our fortune starts here.  Fleetwood are poor. 6-1 Charlton.

Cuckoo  ;)
  • Really surprised Adkins is still in charge, but hoping the boys can show a bit of fight & turn this around. People wanting Charlton to lose so the manager gets sacked baffle me.

That said, I fear another loss.  2-1 to Fleetwood 
  • What I think he will pick.... 

MacGillivray 
    Matthews Lavelle Famewo Pape
    Watson Clare
    Leko Gilbey CBT
    Davison 

I think he thinks that that is probably his best team. 
  • I'm expecting a good response from Charlton tomorrow ... for the first 15-20 minutes anyway.

After that it'll be the usual defensive frailties, aided and abetted by a toothless midfield.

Captain Pugwash will get at least two airings tomorrow and we'll get a consolation goal once the Cod Army is already safely back in harbour with the three points.

Adkins will receive the Black Spot before the weekend is out.
  • Talal said:
    Sage said:

MacGillivray
    Clare Arter Gilbey
    Davison Washington

Width, speed and attacking flair haven't exactly been serving us well have they? Might not be pretty but we need to try to grind out some results, even if that means lining up more defensively. 
    why do we have to go from one extreme to the other? get watson out fora  more mobile cdm and it could just be whats needed
  • I'm expecting a good response from Charlton tomorrow ... for the first 15-20 minutes anyway.

After that it'll be the usual defensive frailties, aided and abetted by a toothless midfield.

Captain Pugwash will get at least two airings tomorrow and we'll get a consolation goal once the Cod Army is already safely back in harbour with the three points.

Adkins will receive the Black Spot before the weekend is out.
    If he goes straight after the game, the Quest commentator can use the "walk the plank" analogy
  • 1-5 defeat and TS gives Mr Positive a 2 year extention to his contract and tells fans the club are in advanced talks to re sign Barry Endean.
  • Sage said:

MacGillivray
    Clare Arter Gilbey
    Davison Washington

Can’t remember that team but do remember Les Reed’s away to Boro.

5-4-1 with a midfield four of Kish Holland Faye Hughes.

So defensive that you’re only ever going to lose due to having nothing going forward.
  • if i remember rightly we had a 90 minute game of head tennis up there last year - was a shocking spectacle - can't see the turnaround happening tomorrow 
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    Talal said:
    Sage said:

MacGillivray
    Clare Arter Gilbey
    Davison Washington

why do we have to go from one extreme to the other? get watson out fora  more mobile cdm and it could just be whats needed
    Fair enough. I'd have Dobson in over him too though it probably only slightly improves us. 
  • This time last season 
    Burton were 24th and Oxford were 23rd ….. where did Oxford finish ??
    A one off doesn't prove a rule. I can't be bothered to work it out but I would put money on a team that is 23rd after 10 games to be more likely to get relegated than reach the playoffs.  Not that I expect either outcome this season. 
  • This time last season 
    Morning Ronnie,

Any chance of you responding to the questions about your false offside claims on the Bolton thread?
  • CafcSteve said:
    This time last season 
    Morning Ronnie,

Any chance of you responding to the questions about your false offside claims on the Bolton thread?
    I genuinely don't think he reads other peoples posts.
    He just comes in, drops his shit and flounces off
  • edited October 2021
    CafcSteve said:
    This time last season 
    Morning Ronnie,

They were off side, it said so in the Plymouth local press. 🤥🤥
  • CafcSteve said:
    This time last season 
    Morning Ronnie,

I genuinely don't think he reads other peoples posts.
    He just comes in, drops his shit and flounces off
    Have to agree mate.

Just goes around with wind-ups!
  • Change the keeper.

And play two up top.

Hendo
    Matthews Lavelle Famewo Purrington
    Leko Watson Lee CBT
    Washington Davison

Subs: Mac Soare Clare Gilbey Kirk Morgan Stockley
    Yes, you've cracked it. Play two keepers up top! Gotta be worth a try.
  • We'll win this. Joy for the soaked through away following, dismay for the fans on twitter who are just baying for Adkin's head.

2-1 COYR
  • The seasons already over so you might as well play the the likes of Dobson, Morgan, Kirk, etc. 

What a waste of 12 months.