Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fleetwood Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 2nd October 2021 | Match Preview

Comments

• edited October 2021
    Only thing to say is well done to @ForeverAddickted, I know you had an opportunity to move on to a championship team but you stayed loyal. An ITK source told me your agent wanted £5 a word and at your interview you gave an example of your work which was longer than Grapevines normal posts.
    I believe this team was based in London, and offered 5p a word.

What do you receive from CL for your efforts FA ?  

PS. Sage, I understand you are waiting for a Premier Team to come calling.
  • Gilbey back in the XI I like the sound of but in all honesty I’ve given up and this is the lowest interest I’ve had since I could remember.  I’ll take a stab at it anyway;

MacG
    Lavelle, Pearce, Famewo
    Gunter, Watson, Clare, Purrington 
    Gilbey
    Stockley, Washington 

Also, things can only get better was a 90s hit 😂
    Yeah remember at Old Trafford in cup....Those were the days!
  • Redhenry said:
    Gilbey back in the XI I like the sound of but in all honesty I’ve given up and this is the lowest interest I’ve had since I could remember.  I’ll take a stab at it anyway;

MacG
    Lavelle, Pearce, Famewo
    Gunter, Watson, Clare, Purrington 
    Gilbey
    Stockley, Washington 

Also, things can only get better was a 90s hit 😂
    Yeah remember at Old Trafford in cup....Those were the days!

I wish the HT sing song could have gone on longer; 0-0 against United and the great Dane having an early bath. "Thing can only get better" not that day they didn't. But no shame in losing  3-1.

Seems like a lifetime ago as we now lose to Cheltenham and Accrington Stanley.
  • Think we’ll lose. We always lose the games people think that we should win. Adkins out after this one, I reckon. 
  • I reckon a horrible, horrible game and a 2-0 defeat.

Adkins to still be in charge after the international break unfortunately 
  • Has to be a home win - 3-1. TS will keep Nige in charge.
  • edited October 2021
    Let us be honest, does anyone really expect us to win? The way the team gives in, every game, why should Saturday, away from home in filthy weather be any different. Hope, that is what it is all about, unfortunately, I do not have any, if we get a draw that is about the best I can hope for and I am normally optimistic
  • I think we'll nick it 7-6.
  • edited October 2021
    Get the full backs (read: right backs) out of the firing line. By playing three behind them, they are less of a defensive weakness and can focus on getting forward and putting in crosses.

———-MacGillivray

—Lavelle Pearce Famewo

Gunter Clare Watson Purrington

————-Gilbey

——-Davison Washington
  • Sponsored links:

• Jac_52 said:
    I think we'll nick it 7-6.

Is that on a tie break Jac ?
  • I'd like to see Adkins set up a bit like how Tuchel does with them blues, 5 at the back, nice and compact & then have a more dynamic centre mid playing behind the striker how Mount does.

Macgilivary
    Elerewe Lavelle Famewo
    Gunter (yuck) Morgan Arter Soure
    Gilbey Kirk
    Davison

• IanJRO said:
    This time last season 
    Burton were 24th and Oxford were 23rd ….. where did Oxford finish ??
    A one off doesn't prove a rule. I can't be bothered to work it out but I would put money on a team that is 23rd after 10 games to be more likely to get relegated than reach the playoffs.  Not that I expect either outcome this season. 
    Millwall were top 2 when we played them in the snow in Dec 1995......they got relegated that season. 
  • Just bumped into Patrick Bauer, so hopefully a good omen
  • edited October 2021
    The seasons already over so you might as well play the the likes of Dobson, Morgan, Kirk, etc. 

What a waste of 12 months.

As we are 23rd, the season is far from over. It may well be for top 6, but both Coventry and Bolton found the quick sand pulled them down( points deduction ?) and most away teams in this league see winning at the valley as a big scalp. 
    Playing well for 65 minutes and then losing 4-1 in the 3rd tier is a shocker.

The here and now is all that matters. The past glories of Premier have gone. The future glories are still a pipe dream.

We are 23rd in League 1 after 10 games and we need to attack and defend as a unit. Not 11 Individuals.

If you have 5 sessions a week on the training ground and the team still don't understand what is needed then keep them there in the afternoon and show them on a blackboard or laptop. This must happen ?  They should be at the training ground longer until there is some understanding. Totally baffled with how so many professional players are struggling for basic fitness to last a match going into October ?

Even though I decided against it this season, nearly 10k bought season Tickets and I assume expected a team going for the play offs ? 

I expect I will watch 50 odd games live this season(15 Cafc games) at various grounds. The other 35 will be part time or youth games I would never be unfaithful to Cafc by watching another Pro game if Cafc were playing.
  • Some random formation, squad & tactics that will come to Nige in a dream tonight and be enacted with no urgency tomorrow.

3-1 Fleetwood 
  • You can have world beating tactics, but if you run out of steam after 60 minutes,then you'll lose.

He's not the finished article, but at least Morgan can play the full 90 
  • The seasons already over so you might as well play the the likes of Dobson, Morgan, Kirk, etc. 

What a waste of 12 months.

As we are 23rd in table the season is far from over. It may well be for top 6, but both Coventry and Bolton found the quick sand pulled them down( points deduction ?) and most away teams in this league see winning at the valley as a big scalp. 
    Playing well for 65 minutes and then losing 4-1 in the 3rd tier is a shocker.

The here and now is all that matters. The past glories of Premier have gone. The future glories are still a pipe dream.

We are 23rd in League 1 after 10 games and we need to attack and defend as a unit. Not 11 Individuals.

If you have 5 sessions a week on the training ground and the team still don't understand what is needed then keep them there in the afternoon and show them on a blackboard or laptop. This must happen ?  They should be at the training ground longer until there is some understanding. Totally baffled with how so many professional players are struggling for basic fitness to last a match going into October ?
    If you had 5 sessions a week that is....... 2 match days, 2 rest/recover days.  Not really a lot of time is there. 
  • I am so sick of this. Did not want him in the first place but sure, give him a chance. 10 games is enough. Adkins just get out of our club. We will pick up when he goes. Fleetwood should be the final straw? 6/4 if you can bear to back against the Addicks. 1-0 Fleetwood.
  • No idea why but I feel strangely confident. 0 - 2 to the Addicks
  • Sponsored links:

• Has the lineup been leaked yet?
  • Kick start to Fleetwoods season ordered with extra Brazil like flair, courtesy of CAFC.

3-1 
  • Think Dobson should be given another chance over Watson.  A 2-3 Charlton win
  • RedChaser said:
    ‘Things can only get better’ by D:Ream; very apt FA, that’s about all we can do at the moment 😩.
    I remember singing that at half time at Old Trafford when we played United in the cup. We got to half time at 0-0 and their goalie got sent off.
    United came out in the second half and scored 3 times so things can also get worse!!
  • Start the game with
    Mac
    Gunter Lavelle Pearce Purrington
    Lee Clair Arter Gilbey Soare 
          Davison
    Keep it tight and hope to hit them on the break.
    Bring on 2 subs from 60 minutes for whoever is flagging.
  • 1-1 and the mighty addicks push for promotion begins.
  • 2-2 no sign of another clean sheet win but Davison continues to prove he has what it takes to make an impression and the Headmaster scores from a late corner to equalise… Our frustrations continue 
  • edited October 2021
    RedChaser said:
    ‘Things can only get better’ by D:Ream; very apt FA, that’s about all we can do at the moment 😩.
    I remember singing that at half time at Old Trafford when we played United in the cup. We got to half time at 0-0 and their goalie got sent off.
    United came out in the second half and scored 3 times so things can also get worse!!
    Yep remember it well like it was yesterday. Giggs and Konchelskis tore us a new one, Carlo got our consolation goal 😉