Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

M!llwall looking to build their new training ground in West Kingsdown???

Comments

• Options
    With Palace in suburbia Beckenham and Millwall heading to Kent then South London is ours for the taking of we can get Cat1 and an owner with money. Location of Sparrows Lane a great advantage.  Never really understood why some fans were not bothered if we moved away.
    What's the advantage of Sparrows Lane being where it is?
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Nobody except people who use it or live next door cares where training grounds are.
  • Options
    With Palace in suburbia Beckenham and Millwall heading to Kent then South London is ours for the taking of we can get Cat1 and an owner with money. Location of Sparrows Lane a great advantage.  Never really understood why some fans were not bothered if we moved away.
    What's the advantage of Sparrows Lane being where it is?
    cos everyone knows the best footballers come from Eltham 
  • Options
    I think it has to be referred to the Secretary of State because it’s a departure from policy in the Green Belt, which has statutory protection. The SoS probably won’t call it in, they just have to be notified so they can if they think the council is making an unjustified decision.

The Green Belt doesn’t mean nothing can be built ever; it requires a higher and specific level of justification against any damage.
    Hey ho - I will have to ready up my £20 bet with @MillwallFan - I can’t see it being refused now, it’s hardly an area of AONB, given its next to the M20
    Fair play 👍🏻

(I’d hold out though until it gets the official ok)
  • Options
    clive said:
    Winner of the ‘never gonna happen’ awards 2022, 2023, 2024 and so on
    Want bet? 20 quid? Winnings go to The Upbeats? 
    Bet accepted - you may as well make the payment now 😃
    And winner of the Badly Aged Post of the Year award goes to… 😉
  • Options
    I need to pay up on my £20 bet with @MillwallFan - the £20 to be donated to the Upbeats - can anyone guide me as to how I do this please ?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I need to pay up on my £20 bet with @MillwallFan - the £20 to be donated to the Upbeats - can anyone guide me as to how I do this please ?

Think there’s a link on the CACT website.
    There may even be on on the official site but I haven’t checked since it changed x
  • Options
    Having worked there, I have a bit of a softer spot for them now.
    Well, those who work there anyway.
    The team & the eejit fans I’ll always think…….m’eh 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Why are some Charlton supporters obsessed with Millwall? They are a pisspot club, shite ground, with shite fans and no silverware. I've said it before, on a footballing level, they are the Rotherham of the south.
    They are infamous for being dim-witted thugs.
    But they are a better run club than us. This new training ground will probably get category 1academy status before we even get close to it.
    Such things are bloody annoying.
  • Options
    To be fair the spanner’s will be the first to have a “Cat A” training ground in any of the leagues. 😉
  • Options
    Millwall’s plans for a new training ground in West Kingsdown have cleared the latest significant hurdle after the Secretary of State (SoS) did not object to the recommendation for approval.
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/exclusive-millwall-able-to-press-on-with-west-kingsdown-training-ground-project-as-sos-does-not-call-in-their-project/
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    PopIcon said:
    Why are some Charlton supporters obsessed with Millwall? They are a pisspot club, shite ground, with shite fans and no silverware. I've said it before, on a footballing level, they are the Rotherham of the south.
    But they are a better run club than us. This new training ground will probably get category 1academy status before we even get close to it.
    Such things are bloody annoying.
    They are better run than us as they have a decent CEO at the helm (They don't mind him being a West Ham fan or that he used to work for us either)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    BBW and Milwallfan speak more sense and post sensible responses whenever they are on here, in fact more than some of our own fans so to label them all as “dim-witted thugs” is plain stupid
    Quick-witted thugs then?

(only joking BBW/MF)
  • Options
    On the plus side, coaching will go downhill as you can’t hear yourself think in Fawkham.
    Brands hatch is literally the other side of the hedge.
    I’m not ageist but check the pic of the people complaining.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    CafcSCP said:
    On the plus side, coaching will go downhill as you can’t hear yourself think in Fawkham.

Player lost trying to find training ground and asking local for directions: "Just 'cos of who I play for there's no need to swear at me"
    Local: "I wasn't - I said 'you're at Fawkham Hall' "
    Player: "Sorry and thanks. We'll be right at home there"
  • Options
    Genuine question for the Millwall boys on here or anyone else in the know.

What's happening with this?

Last I read from Steve Kavanagh was that there was no deadline for commencement of the project but I've also heard that it could be shelved (despite having planning permission) due to inflation/financial constraints and/or the passing of Mr Berylson.
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:

And not a looker among 'em!.
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:

Plus the constant background noise and pollution from the M 2.
  • Options
    edited March 14
    Local area blighted, by Stone Island and Flat Caps, telling us how fucking fantastic it is, in Peckham, Bermondsey, Rotherhithe etc….. Yet none of them or their shitty club want to live there or locate their training Facility anywhere near……!

• Options
    Local area blighted, by Stone Island and Flat Caps, telling us how fucking fantastic it is, in Peckham, Bermondsey, Rotherhithe etc….. Yet none of them or their shitty club want to live there or locate their training Facility anywhere near……!

More like none of them can afford to live there these days