Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

M!llwall looking to build their new training ground in West Kingsdown???

Comments

• Options
    Home from home for all concerned
    West Kingsdown brimming with IC9
    couldn't make it up
  • Options

• Options
    I have worked out where the land is I think - it’s a large field next to the M20 next to Birtley House Independent School, which is just down from the rear entrance to Brands Hatch
  • Options
    I wonder if Thomas and Ged are watching this closely, as an option for us is to build a new training ground, rather than buy Sparrow Lane from Roland and upgrade it?
  • Options
    I believe it's the site of Hayes Farm
  • Options
    I have worked out where the land is I think - it’s a large field next to the M20 next to Birtley House Independent School, which is just down from the rear entrance to Brands Hatch
    Correct. It will back on to Birtley House opposite Druids
  • Options
    edited September 2021

I think it’s where I have put the red circle - Land Registry says there is a pending item against this land, which normally means it has been sold recently

The country lane there gets very tight in places - be surprised if it got planning….
  • Options

I think it’s where I have put the red circle - Land Registry says there is a pending item against this land, which normally means it has been sold recently

The country lane there gets very tight in places - be surprised if it got planning….
    At least they won't have locals complaining about the noise disturbance!
  • Options

Nearest pub is the Portobello at the juntion of Fawkham road and the A20 I think.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder if Thomas and Ged are watching this closely, as an option for us is to build a new training ground, rather than buy Sparrow Lane from Roland and upgrade it?
    Hopefully not - our training ground is perfectly located 
  • Options

surely they wouldn't buy the land without at least a fairly good idea that they'll be allowed to build on it?
  • Options

surely they wouldn't buy the land without at least a fairly good idea that they'll be allowed to build on it?
    Indeed, but football clubs have a track record of being rubbish at property activity - they have probably bought the land for sod all, and some twonk who has got their claws in as a ‘property advisor’ is telling them it’s a shoe in

In fairness the land is sandwiched between Brands Hatch and the M20, so noise / desirability of the land isn’t an issue - but it’s still rural and the lane is narrow - it may even be green belt (I will have a look at that)
  • Options

Indeed, but football clubs have a track record of being rubbish at property activity - they have probably bought the land for sod all, and some twonk who has got their claws in as a ‘property advisor’ is telling them it’s a shoe in

In fairness the land is sandwiched between Brands Hatch and the M20, so noise / desirability of the land isn’t an issue - but it’s still rural and the lane is narrow - it may even be green belt (I will have a look at that)
    It looks to me that the site is indeed in the green belt 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    What a poxy location.
    The noise levels and air pollution from both the M20 and Brands Hatch will be horrendous!
    So f*** ‘em.
    And as I said earlier, public transport to there is abysmal.
    LOL!!!!
  • Options
    Is there a danger that if we leave sparrows lane the Belgian could kick us out of the Valley ?
  • Options

It looks to me that the site is indeed in the green belt 
    Sparrows Lane is on Metropolitan Open Land, so it might still be allowed if the buildings aren't too intrusive
  • Options
    I can't see why residents would object.
    Footballers training is a far better prospect than houses, if planning permission was permitted over the course of time. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is there a danger that if we leave sparrows lane the Belgian could kick us out of the Valley ?
    I don't see why. We have a long rental agreement with the option to buy The Valley and Sparrows Lane. As long as we pay the rent, Roland couldn't care less where we play or train
  • Options
    went past the toolbox whilst on the train today .. it looked more drab and in need of a good lick of paint than ever
  • Options
    I can't see why residents would object.
    Footballers training is a far better prospect than houses, if planning permission was permitted over the course of time. 
    This sort of common sense rationality has no place on a forum such as this.  You've let yourself down, sir!
  • Options

Nearest pub is the Portobello at the juntion of Fawkham road and the A20 I think.

It's about a 15 min bus journey from here. Bus stops outside the Portobello.

Handy for the golf course too. I bet they will love a load of footballers joining & having them play a round after training. 
  • Options

If Battersea Dogs home could get planning down the bottom of Crowhurst Lane, then the Scum won't have any problem on their site.

The traffic the dogs home brought to the lane, considering several parts of it were single trackways was beyond reason.
  • Options
    Oh well, there goes the neighbourhood, Kents own Millwall!!!. 
    What will Gillingham say about this attempt to encroach on their manor.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Oh well, there goes the neighbourhood, Kents own Millwall!!!. 
    What will Gillingham say about this attempt to encroach on their manor.
    We've got a right to stick our caravans here if we want.
  • Options
    Looks quite a progressive move from them tbh
  • Options
    Looks quite a progressive move from them tbh
    I’ve always respected their Chairman.  Been there years.  Run the club very well imo.

Makes it even harder to stomach how crap the last few years for us have been 🙄