Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

M!llwall looking to build their new training ground in West Kingsdown???

Comments

• TEL said:

I think it’s where I have put the red circle - Land Registry says there is a pending item against this land, which normally means it has been sold recently

The country lane there gets very tight in places - be surprised if it got planning….
    If Battersea Dogs home could get planning down the bottom of Crowhurst Lane, then the Scum won't have any problem on their site.

The traffic the dogs home brought to the lane, considering several parts of it were single trackways was beyond reason.
    You will find that developing on the green belt in Sevenoaks district (which this is) is highly unlikely to be granted https://www.sevenoaks.gov.uk/info/20008/planning/524/warning_on_green_belt_land_sales

• I think it’s where I have put the red circle - Land Registry says there is a pending item against this land, which normally means it has been sold recently

The country lane there gets very tight in places - be surprised if it got planning….
    At least they won't have locals complaining about the noise disturbance!
    I can hear Brands Hatch from where I live so I'll complain just to be annoying.
    My Father just said the same thing - if he can hear the racing at the end of his garden then he might well hear some of the footballing pleasantries.

I might try and gatecrash the meeting just to see what they have to say
  • DOUCHER said:
    Knowing their luck, they'll dig up the brinks mat gold when putting the drainage in 
    I went to school with Kenny Noye's nephew - lovely house they had built in West Kingsdown...must have cost a fortune...

• I think it’s where I have put the red circle - Land Registry says there is a pending item against this land, which normally means it has been sold recently

Nearest pub is the Portobello at the juntion of Fawkham road and the A20 I think.

I think it’s where I have put the red circle - Land Registry says there is a pending item against this land, which normally means it has been sold recently

Nearest pub is the Portobello at the juntion of Fawkham road and the A20 I think.

Who owns the Portobello?
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61644473

I will be very surprised if this is granted planning permission, but never say never !!!
  • Looks very impressive.
  • Is it any better than our portacabins? 
  • Palace and Millwall continue to leave us behind. Millwall with Steve Kavanagh as well. 
  • Impressive looking, would be miles ahead of our training ground.

The location is fine for the professionals, but not great for their community scheme though, as it's miles outside of their heartland, and not easy to get to by public transport either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Trouble we now have is why would Thomas want to spend loads of cash on something he doesn’t own?
  • Impressive looking, would be miles ahead of our training ground.

The location is fine for the professionals, but not great for their community scheme though, as it's miles outside of their heartland, and not easy to get to by public transport either.
    It's my understanding that the Community Trust will stay where it is in Bolina Road. As you say, no point in uprooting that to work on Southwark from the depths of Kent.
  • Millwall have been exceptionally well run under Berylson.  I don’t know if the current set up will ever get them to the Prem, but that’s more to do with the obscene amount of money floating round the top end of the Championship these days.

What Luton did this season was excellent and if Millwall had a bit more quality and a few more wins, they would’ve been in the play offs and then it’s a lottery.

The challenge is having another season like the one they have just had.  It won’t be any easier because you have to add quality to what you already have and it’s hard to come by 
  • They weren’t too far off the playoffs this year. 
  • Nearly moved there a few months back.
    so pleased I didn’t now.😂
  • cabbles said:
    Looks quite a progressive move from them tbh
    I’ve always respected their Chairman.  Been there years.  Run the club very well imo.

Makes it even harder to stomach how crap the last few years for us have been 🙄
    Millwall are exactly what we should be in many ways, as an established mid table Championship looking upwards

Sensible budgets, stable playing squad, rather than the constant churn every summer
    They’re bloody loaded.
    no idea why the owners haven’t spent a few quid more
  • Feel for the locals.  A bit like travellers turning up, deciding they like it there and all of a sudden they are not so travelly anymore!

Looks a great facility though, the cnuts!
  • How are people expected to get there by public transport, there is none that goes nearby and what there is, is very infrequent?
    Juniors, young players and staff with no driving licences will be absolutely stuffed.
    Crazy location! 🤨
  • How are people expected to get there by public transport, there is none that goes nearby and what there is, is very infrequent?
    Juniors, young players and staff with no driving licences will be absolutely stuffed.
    Crazy location! 🤨
    I'm sure those factors were all considered prior to the final decision being made.

There has been no uproar or dissenting voices from within the club, from any quarter. That's enough for me to say that thorough consultation was had with all facets of the club, as should be the case.
    Crazy location! 🤨
    I'm sure those factors were all considered prior to the final decision being made.

There has been no uproar or dissenting voices from within the club, from any quarter. That's enough for me to say that thorough consultation was had with all facets of the club, as should be the case.
    You’d have thought so but doesn’t seem to be thought of as a problem…..which is more than a little surprising.
  • Sponsored links:

Crazy location! 🤨

Not an easy place to get to for their youngsters who don’t yet drive using public transport.
    Have they thought that through?

Some of their fans will be able to walk there from the Ash campsite though.
    Five or ten minute drive from a few stations that have direct and fast links to London. Probably have a full time mini bus to pick up people as and when needed. No biggy. The futures bright… the futures blue 😉
    Crazy location! 🤨

You’d have thought so but doesn’t seem to be thought of as a problem…..which is more than a little surprising.
    As always, the devil will be in the detail. I'm confident that if any issues arose then compromises/assistance/workarounds will be put in place to ensure any detrimental impacts don't find their way on to those that would be primarily affected.
    Crazy location! 🤨

As always, the devil will be in the detail. I'm confident that if any issues arose then compromises/assistance/workarounds will be put in place to ensure any detrimental impacts don't find their way on to those that would be primarily affected.
    The planning application will be very interesting - this project will attract a lot of interest and I suspect that there will be significant input from locals in terms of commenting on the application

A client of mine has a residential development project elsewhere in Kent which the locals are up in arms about - still no planning decision, it’s been with the Council for nearly 2 years now, and has generated over 400 documents, incl a massive amount of objections by locals - the planning process is a nightmare in this country

Sevenoaks will rate this as a significant proposal, and there will be a huge amount of scrutiny - the application will have to include a traffic management proposal i.e. the effect on local roads from its construction, and the suggested pick up of youth team players / non drivers will form part of that

Personally, I think it’s an odd choice in terms of location to site their new training ground as the country lane there is very narrow in places (maybe they will offer to widen it at Millwall’s cost ?), and public transport is poor in that location

But the biggest barrier they face is that it’s in the Greenbelt - yes it’s next to the M20 and Brands Hatch, so it’s not an idyllic rural area by any stretch - but I suspect the locals will be very anti this proposal, and can easily use the Greenbelt aspect as a stick to beat Sevenoaks Council with

Will watch this one with interest……
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61644473

I will be very surprised if this is granted planning permission, but never say never !!!
    Why would permission be declined?  Economic boost for the area.  Tory councils never happier then when running rough shod over greenbelt inconvenience.  Tiny numbers of local voters effected in a blue as blue can be safe seat. 
    What's public transport got to do with it?  All 'wall's employees will be driving or minibussed in.
    More interesting will be what 'wall think they'll get from divesting their New Eltham site... near Sparrows Lane innit?
  • Billy_Mix said:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61644473

Why would permission be declined?  Economic boost for the area.  Tory councils never happier then when running rough shod over greenbelt inconvenience.  Tiny numbers of local voters effected in a blue as blue can be safe seat. 
    What's public transport got to do with it?  All 'wall's employees will be driving or minibussed in.
    More interesting will be what 'wall think they'll get from divesting their New Eltham site... near Sparrows Lane innit?
    No - they left Sparrows Lane years ago, and are currently in Ravensbourne, where they rent the land

Oh and it’s ‘affected’ not ‘effected’ 😉
  • edited June 2022
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/millwall-chief-executive-knows-plenty-of-hard-work-ahead-as-new-training-complex-plans-take-shape/

Their CEO (previously at Charlton, wasn't he?) seems ambitious but also realistic.

If they get planning permission and Category One status then I think they will do well.
  • Hmmmnn … Whatever happened to the missing Brink’s Mat Gold. I wonder 🤔 …. Joke

PS .. This book is a very good read and comes highly recommended. A lot of recognisable local watering holes and landmarks mentioned.
  • edited June 2022
    T_C_E said:
    How are people expected to get there by public transport, there is none that goes nearby and what there is, is very infrequent?
    Crazy location! 🤨

Not an easy place to get to for their youngsters who don’t yet drive using public transport.
    Have they thought that through?

Some of their fans will be able to walk there from the Ash campsite though.
    Five or ten minute drive from a few stations that have direct and fast links to London. Probably have a full time mini bus to pick up people as and when needed. No biggy. The futures bright… the futures blue 😉
    Too easy 😉

Good links to Belmarsh will help.
    Forgot to mention, The Portobello pub is an absolute pile of shyte!