Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• First time this season will buy the stream for a home game despite being a ST holder. Obviously not the money, nor effort needed, just how I feel about Adkins right now. So frustrated. 
    I’ve been considering that too. Need to get in work early and work half my lunch hour to leave work early to nip home and then do the near sixty mile drive to The Valley just to watch what? And then a near sixty mile drive home. Possibly in the rain too. Am I mad?
    Only if you answer back to yourself 😉.
  • I will be there, but expect it to be grim.
  • I think TS had a brief Twitter pause, because he was wound up about doing a continuous post match defeat tweet.
    Like "We were unlucky today" etc

Repetitive tick box exercise of nonsense.

He is probably now seriously genuinely thinking about sacking adkins, but might have withdrawn from the idea due to a game being around the corner on Tuesday.

I fear a small % of brentmister general DNA within TS, means he is someone that just wants to get on with people and be liked.

• Dave2l said:
    I think TS had a brief Twitter pause, because he was wound up about doing a continuous post match defeat tweet.

He is probably now seriously genuinely thinking about sacking adkins, but might have withdrawn from the idea due to a game being around the corner on Tuesday.

I fear a small % of brentmister general DNA within TS, means he is someone that just wants to get on with people and be liked.

Which will eventually mean Adkins is replaced, he'll want to keep the fans onside.
  • edited October 2021
    Dave2l said:
    I think TS had a brief Twitter pause, because he was wound up about doing a continuous post match defeat tweet.

Thing is there is always another game "round the corner", so based on that theory we're bloody well stuck with the loser till the end of the season, and maybe relegated....nope, Thomas just needs to man up to Nige and sort out HIS problem.. B)
  • We start our journey down to SE7 with the 15-15 from Bedford, plenty travel further I know but at the very least we all deserve a decent performance and 3 points, so for a change when I get home early Wednesday I can think it's all worth it , Lincoln Saturday was woeful so I'd like to put that behind me. 
  • Bailey said:
    The silence from TS might be a clue as to Adkins situation, if TS delivers a tweet people will read or over read any intention from TS. If we lose then you may see some action but then again maybe not.
    He could always do a statement through proper channels.
  • So is the general consensus NA will be sacked if we lose tomorrow? 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2021
    More worryingly if Adkins isn't sacked we end up with another poisonous owner/fan dynamic with all of the division that creates in the only genuine stakeholders, the supporters. TS will lose enthusiasm for a toxic brand and will be unable to trade in his stock and we will be fucked again.
  • I'm giving up hope, so we'll probably win.
  • Going for a scrappy 1 nil win and TS back on Twitter making out all is right with the world
  • J BLOCK said:
    Getting more pissed off at TS by the day. Why is Adkins still in charge of this football club. 
    I can't shake off the feeling that something bad is going on behind the scenes.

Most of us fell for Southall at first, and while I don't think TS is in the slightest bit dodgy I do feel we may have got far too excited about him. Let's face it, he did get us out of a dreadful situation but at the expense of separating the club from the Valley. A bit like Southall, he arrived at a time when we were desperate and said all the right things. I'm not sure what to think right now, and maybe I've got my conspiracy theory head on, but I'm anxious about the future under Tommy.
    TS didn’t separate the club from The Valley, that was ESI. What he couldn’t do and nobody else could either was prise it out of Roland’s hands.

My view of TS hasn’t changed. He is a decent man who wants to make the club a success, but he won’t do it without the right support around him. He hasn’t got that. His choice. However, he does have far more substance than Southall and co. I think he believes what he says, but he is also unrealistic.

As for Sandgaard selling the club or attracting an investor, it isn’t really worth anything, so he’d probably struggle on both counts even if he was so minded.

By the way, as Bowyer pointed out when Southall announced he was offering him a five year deal, managers’ contracts don’t usually get paid up in full, hence the length isn’t the key. My guess is Adkins is on £300k-£400k pa and that’s probably what he’ll get. It’s just a question of when.
    Listened to that interview with Mel Morris when he explained that the transfer fee between Derby and Chelsea for Lampard, was used to pay off Cocu. Imagine the Bowyer fee could be used to pay off Adkins.
  • Last game/day in charge? Hopefully, wishful thing on my part probably. 

Its hard to see how he can be allowed to carry on past this week, he is in charged and has record is here for all to see. Its not even good enough to be called poor.

What I'd give for Les Reed right now.
  • Can’t understand people saying no to Euell and Jacko. My first season of supporting us Andy nelson was manager think we got relegated that season or next then in came Mike Bailey and we won promotion back to second division ( championship) since then all our successful managers have had ties with us previously Lennie Curbs Powell Bowyer. I can not think of one manager that has come in with no Charlton back ground and done anything. Can anyone name one because I can’t think of one. 
    People saying jacko and Euell are part of the problem is daft they do not have final say on tactics formations team selection. Give them caretaker job with curbs on line with  em giving them advise. I’ve said before though I think I’d go for Euell myself. Not sure joint managers work although I think jacko would install more fight in the team which I think is needed most off all now. 
    Giving them chance as caretaker for 5 games maybe now is no problem the season is over except foe a relegation battle so give one of them a chance. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Getting more pissed off at TS by the day. Why is Adkins still in charge of this football club. 

Most of us fell for Southall at first, and while I don't think TS is in the slightest bit dodgy I do feel we may have got far too excited about him. Let's face it, he did get us out of a dreadful situation but at the expense of separating the club from the Valley. A bit like Southall, he arrived at a time when we were desperate and said all the right things. I'm not sure what to think right now, and maybe I've got my conspiracy theory head on, but I'm anxious about the future under Tommy.
    TS didn’t separate the club from The Valley, that was ESI. What he couldn’t do and nobody else could either was prise it out of Roland’s hands.

My view of TS hasn’t changed. He is a decent man who wants to make the club a success, but he won’t do it without the right support around him. He hasn’t got that. His choice. However, he does have far more substance than Southall and co. I think he believes what he says, but he is also unrealistic.

As for Sandgaard selling the club or attracting an investor, it isn’t really worth anything, so he’d probably struggle on both counts even if he was so minded.

By the way, as Bowyer pointed out when Southall announced he was offering him a five year deal, managers’ contracts don’t usually get paid up in full, hence the length isn’t the key. My guess is Adkins is on £300k-£400k pa and that’s probably what he’ll get. It’s just a question of when.
    He knew exactly how much the club cost to run, else what were his expensive law firm actually advising him on.   

I also believe that he was told/advised, use what ever term you like, that there was massive, untapped, potential commercial revenue and that the transfer market could be gamed.

• Clarky said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Somebody Tweeted today that Adkins has taken training this morning and they had a team meeting and the players are fully behind Nige - he has 3 games to save his skin as there's nobody out there - what a depressing thought!

Amazed there's been no comment from our 'leader' not even a vote of confidence
    So if there is nobody out there at the moment who will be out there when and if he cocks up the next three games? 
    I translate the ‘nobody out there’ line as TS isn’t willing to pay compensation for a manager currently at a club - especially after paying this chancer off. Adkins was free and nowhere near the best option. 
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    What worries/depresses me is how many of the much smaller clubs than us look better than us in every way. It’s not like they’re beating us through battling, backs against the wall, against all the odds performances. 
    No, I think perhaps without exception they’ve looked better than us technically, as individual players.
    They’ve looked better organised, more comfortable with the formation they’re playing.
    Theyve all looked fitter than us. 
    They've also managed games better than us. Got ahead and held on comfortably.
    I don’t understand how this has happened, and reading this thread a lot of us are scratching our heads. But Adkins knows the buck stops with him. Bringing on Corey on Saturday was clearly the wrong move, and that was the final straw for me. 
    That used to be us.
  • Pretty sure he'll still be here Saturday regardless of the result this evening.
  • Can’t understand people saying no to Euell and Jacko. My first season of supporting us Andy nelson was manager think we got relegated that season or next then in came Mike Bailey and we won promotion back to second division ( championship) since then all our successful managers have had ties with us previously Lennie Curbs Powell Bowyer. I can not think of one manager that has come in with no Charlton back ground and done anything. Can anyone name one because I can’t think of one. 
    People saying jacko and Euell are part of the problem is daft they do not have final say on tactics formations team selection. Give them caretaker job with curbs on line with  em giving them advise. I’ve said before though I think I’d go for Euell myself. Not sure joint managers work although I think jacko would install more fight in the team which I think is needed most off all now. 
    Giving them chance as caretaker for 5 games maybe now is no problem the season is over except foe a relegation battle so give one of them a chance. 
    I agree with you but, just to clarify, Lennie had no previous ties with us, he was promoted from reserve team manager.  
  • Lose tonight and that has to be it for Adkins. The atmosphere will be toxic if we lose again.

Then again i've thought this on at least 3 occasions already this season and he's still here. I still don't know how he survived that Bolton defeat.
    We don't do "toxic" Chris, if we lose there will be a bit of chanting and booing by a small proportion of a small crowd tonight followed by Nigel nipping down the already extended tunnel. 
  • J BLOCK said:

Listened to that interview with Mel Morris when he explained that the transfer fee between Derby and Chelsea for Lampard, was used to pay off Cocu. Imagine the Bowyer fee could be used to pay off Adkins.
    there was no fee for Bowyer, he had it in his contract that he'd be allowed to leave for free.
  • RedChaser said:
    Buck stops with TS yes but not all down to him. If it was me I’d feel badly let down by my advisors and asking some serious questions of them and in particular Mr Roddy as to ‘Why shouldn’t I bin you off with the Manager?’ 😡,
    Why does the buck stop with the owner? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!