Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• I think Adkins is lucky tomorrow is a damp Tuesday night and not a crisp Saturday afternoon, there won’t be that many in attendance, I can imagine a lot of 1400 who went Lincoln like myself will bomb it off.  
  • Scoham said:
    Not convinced we have a top 6 squad but I do expect a lot more than they’re showing.

Take Kirk as an example, he scored 6 goals in 42 league games for Crewe last season. He clearly has no confidence and looks like someone playing about 3 levels above where he should be. There’s no way if he moved on to a better run club that he’d look so ineffective.

Clubs like Lincoln and Cheltenham have smaller budgets and yet they play out from the back, create chances and press far better than we do.

We’ve made mistakes with recruitment, we’re still building up fitness levels and players need to settle in but by now we should at least see signs of a style of play emerging. That’s my biggest concern and why I don’t see Adkins turning it around. If we saw signs of that we’d see a way we could improve results, but we’re nowhere near, we’re poor in every area.

To start with we need to stop being so open and be braver on the ball. Plenty of clubs manage that without our resources, it’s down to motivation and tactics. There are plenty here if moved on would do well at another L1 club.
    re Kirk. Of all the players he's the one I'd cut some slack. With what happened in his personal life, moving down to the smoke and then being asked to play in a team short on confidence and lacking in direction on the pitch it's no wonder he's struggling. In fact he's probably asking himself 'what have I fucking done'?
    Say the same every time I look at my season ticket!
  • Steve Bruce available yet?
  • CH4RLTON said:
    More final straws than a game of kerplunk 
    Brilliant 
  • ‘Nobody out there’ = ‘We don’t know what we are looking for’

‘The players are behind Nige’ = ‘We don’t give a shit’
  • Maccn05 said:
    Somebody Tweeted today that Adkins has taken training this morning and they had a team meeting and the players are fully behind Nige - he has 3 games to save his skin as there's nobody out there - what a depressing thought!

Amazed there's been no comment from our 'leader' not even a vote of confidence
    So if there is nobody out there at the moment who will be out there when and if he cocks up the next three games? 
  • I am ever an optimist. I can't help thinking - what can't we see that TS can see? What blackbox, greenbox, polkadot box information is showing TS that actually things are not as bad as we think. Yes we're not winning (or even drawing) but stat this stat that stat this and stat that - it's just a matter of time. That little bit of luck and we're away. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Leaving him in charge makes no sense, as soon as there's a mistake or go a goal down the crowd will be all over him 
  • Clarky said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Somebody Tweeted today that Adkins has taken training this morning and they had a team meeting and the players are fully behind Nige - he has 3 games to save his skin as there's nobody out there - what a depressing thought!

So if there is nobody out there at the moment who will be out there when and if he cocks up the next three games? 
    No idea just sharing a tweet. No idea on how reliable the source is.

If it had to be someone available then we could do worse than Alex Neil maybe? He won’t suffer fools
  • It’s astonishing really that he has lasted this long 
  • Maccn05 said:
    Clarky said:
    Maccn05 said:

If it had to be someone available then we could do worse than Alex Neil maybe? He won’t suffer fools
    Yeah I understand that it just sounds like, if true, he is buying NA more time. To me and the vast majority of us it would make more sense to sack NA right now let JJ takeover for those three games and then see what worthy permanent might be available.The only comfort I take is that NA came in almost as soon as Bowyer left so work must have been ongoing whilst Bowyer was still in post!
  • I think he has to pick a fully fit team tomorrow and he will know, hopefully, better than us who match that category. Then hopefully there is enough quality in the players who are match fit!
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I think Tuesday will be the final straw. 
    I can see us winning tomorrow, lose at Sunderland, the game after might be the final straw.
    Any more than 15 games with the current set up remaining will enforce the belief that relegation is not just a real possibility, but we will actually be in a relegation battle. 

I have said before 10 games is fair, however after each glimpse of improvement we regress like Prince Williams hairline. 
    We already are in a relegation battle. No doubt about it. 
    For me a relegation battle begins when you have little chance of getting out of it. I hope we actually do get out before it becomes unlikely we ever will, obviously. 
  • Dreading tomorrow's game with NA still in charge.

We should be looking forward to games.  It's quite depressing really
    Giving tomorrow a swerve, had to choose between tomorrow and Rotherham game. Chose Rotherham as hoping new manager will be in charge by then.

Giving tomorrow a swerve, had to choose between tomorrow and Rotherham game. Chose Rotherham as hoping new manager will be in charge by then.
    I don’t blame you - the thought of walking out the ground in the pissing rain at 9.30 pm after a 0-1 defeat to Accrington isn’t very appealing. 

I don’t blame you - the thought of walking out the ground in the pissing rain at 9.30 pm after a 0-1 defeat to Accrington isn’t very appealing. 
    You must be leaving very early 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2021
    Look no further....

• Clarky said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Clarky said:
    Maccn05 said:

Yeah I understand that it just sounds like, if true, he is buying NA more time. To me and the vast majority of us it would make more sense to sack NA right now let JJ takeover for those three games and then see what worthy permanent might be available.The only comfort I take is that NA came in almost as soon as Bowyer left so work must have been ongoing whilst Bowyer was still in post!
    That's kicking the can though and being honest it is sacking Adkins in an act of self preservation.  Thomas, Roddy and who ever else is involved in the situation have probably more insight than us. I strongly suspect if they thought just sacking Adkins and giving it to Jackson would solve the problem they would have done so.  Its possible that's why Bowyer lasted a bit longer than he should as well. 

I’ll be indoors mate. Can’t stomach another Adkins game at the moment. 
  • First time this season will buy the stream for a home game despite being a ST holder. Obviously not the money, nor effort needed, just how I feel about Adkins right now. So frustrated. 
  • Leaving him in charge makes no sense, as soon as there's a mistake or go a goal down the crowd will be all over him 
    Will it take that long? I’d be amazed if there wasn’t chanting and boos from the off
  • edited October 2021
    Dreading tomorrow's game with NA still in charge.

So the stream has it for you tomorrow eh, at least you can turn off at 9.30 then...if you last that long B)
  • As Adkins hasn't gone after that disgraceful performance on Saturday, I've a suspicion that unless we lose tomorrow, he'll be safe, even if it's a dismal draw against a struggling Accrington side.
  • The silence from TS might be a clue as to Adkins situation, if TS delivers a tweet people will read or over read any intention from TS. If we lose then you may see some action but then again maybe not.
  • First time this season will buy the stream for a home game despite being a ST holder. Obviously not the money, nor effort needed, just how I feel about Adkins right now. So frustrated. 
    I’ve been considering that too. Need to get in work early and work half my lunch hour to leave work early to nip home and then do the near sixty mile drive to The Valley just to watch what? And then a near sixty mile drive home. Possibly in the rain too. Am I mad?

So the stream has it for you tomorrow eh, at least you can turn off at 9.30 then...if you last that long B)
    I’m not even sure I can manage the stream - I have no urge to watch….

That said I’ll end up paying for it 5 mins before kick off. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!