Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What’s our best starting 11?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Leuth said:
    Should have been Dobson beneath Gilbey's name tbh, JFC is miles away
    And if we are talking fully fit, on form players, JFC is well ahead of gilbey
    Gilbey as competition for Lee and Morgan as the alternative to JFC for me.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    i just don't see that formation working with stockley -p he needs to play up top with somebody - that can be washington, leko,lee or kirk but i would definitely start with Lee in the team - mac - purrer innis/lavelle  famewho matthews - kirk arter lee leko - wash stock 
    Playing Lee in a number 10 role is essentially putting him up top with Stockley. 
    Fair enough 
  • Options
    For next fixture

MacG
    Matthews, Lavelle, Famewo, Souare
    Arter
    DJ, Lee, Clare, Leko
    Stockley

I don’t wanna see Morgan or Watson for a while and I especially don’t wanna see Morgan AND Watson.

Hurry up Gilbey. 
  • Options
    Anything other than:

CMac

Gunter Innis Famewo Purrington

Arter       Dobson

Leko          Lee            Washington

Stockley 

is just wrong. 
    JFC for Dobson when he’s back 
  • Options
    Anything other than:

CMac

Gunter Innis Famewo Purrington

Arter       Dobson

Leko          Lee            Washington

Stockley 

is just wrong. 
    JFC for Dobson when he’s back 
    Dobson is shite.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Tricky one, but I’d go with…
    MacG
    Matthews, Elerewe, Famewo, Souare
    Kirk/DJ, Arter, Lee, Gilbey/Clare (we need a lefty)
    Leko Washington

442 but could alter formation easily. 
    No Stockley. Need to take away the long ball option. Bring him on from the bench and he could be a weapon. 
    Would rely on DJ actually tracking back, and Souare getting forward, with Gilbey/Clare covering when he does.
    Inniss for Elerewe when fit, or depending on the opposition. 
    Not convinced about DJ or Kirk. Maybe only one of the two. CBT is another option off the bench. 
  • Options
    After Saturday, it feels a real mess to try and reconcile it, particularly in the centre of midfield. 

Watson/Morgan shouldn't be a combo again - Watson lacks the pace/desire, whilst I feel Morgan is being kept in for set piece delivery. Dobson/Clare probably also shouldn't be a thing, despite being signed and seen as the answer for this problem. Maybe Arter/Morgan or Arter/Clare, but at this point, maybe even Dempsey gets a crack in the immediate term. I'm desperate to see if Arter could do 50-60 minutes, but sports science probably says otherwise. I feel like Dobson could help us a hold a lead, but not impact the game at all offensively, so the bench is the best we could probably see.

Arter, Gilbey and JFC would all need to come in with messiah-like performances straight back from injury which (probably) won't happen. It's so galling and frustrating we are lacking in these positions so much.
  • Options
    For Wycombe:
    McG
    Matthews Pearce Famewo Gunter
    Lee Watson Clare Leko
    Stockley Washington

bench
    Henderson, Soaré, Elerewe, Arter, Morgan, CBT, Davsion
  • Options
    mac g

souare
    lavelle
    famewho
    matthews

Dobson 

Lee
    Arter

Washington
    Stockley 
    Leko 

• Options
    I'd go with the team above and only change if there is a need.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’d be willing to bet a lot of money that Nigel Adkins will never play Elliot Lee as one of the two sitting midfielders.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I’d be willing to bet a lot of money that Nigel Adkins will never play Elliot Lee as one of the two sitting midfielders.
    Maybe I'm being naïve, but I honestly think he would offer more there than all of our currently fit central midfielders. Comfortable on the ball, plays with his head up and is creative. Perhaps too much of a square peg in a round hole, but considering our options and how poor our midfield has been, I'd at least give it a try. I doubt it could be any worse.

That said, I agree that he (almost certainly) won't go that far out of the box in his thinking.
  • Options
    From what I’ve seen, including the win over Crawley, and when certain players are back up to speed, I reckon this could be our best team … 

McGillivray
    Matthews
    Lavelle
    Famewo
    Papa Don’t Preach

Arter 
    Lee
    BlackettTaylor
    Leko

Washington
    Stockley

• Options
    Make it 4-2-3-1 with Lee ahead of Arter and Dobson then. It’s really not that different to one of them holding and the other in front alongside Lee.
  • Options
    agreed - dobson holds amd lee and arter pull the strings in  midfield - don't need 2 holders - get your best players / football brains on the ball in the middle 
  • Options
    The amount of people putting Arter when we have no idea what state he's in. 
  • Options
    What's your 11 out of interest? 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

MacGillivray

Gunter 
    Lavelle
    Famewo
    Purrington

Watson
    Clare
    Lee

Leko
    Stockley
    Kirk

Best with what we've got which isnt much in the midfield. Haven't seen the Clare + Watson partnership yet, can't be any worse than what we've had before. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Make it 4-2-3-1 with Lee ahead of Arter and Dobson then. It’s really not that different to one of them holding and the other in front alongside Lee.
    We must never play 4231 again. 
  • Options
    MacGillivray

Gunter
    Lavelle (Innis when fit)
    Famewo
    Souare (Purrington maybe when fit)

DJ
    Arter
    Dobson
    Kirk

Washington (Lee?) 
    Leko

We’re way too one dimensional with Stockley and I don’t think he’s good enough to build your entire team around which is what it seems we’ve tried to do so far. Keeping it on the floor and using our pace might give us a better chance. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Adkins plays Stockley up front on his own again he should be sacked
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

MacGillivray

Gunter 
    Lavelle
    Famewo
    Purrington

Watson
    Clare
    Lee

Leko
    Stockley
    Kirk

Best with what we've got which isnt much in the midfield. Haven't seen the Clare + Watson partnership yet, can't be any worse than what we've had before. 
    I think I'd probably opt for Dobson over Clare & Washington over Kirk (based on current performances) but otherwise agree. 
  • Options
    Maybe I'm in a minority, but I find it astounding that anyone would consider putting Watson in any current best starting 11. Imho, he doesn't run enough, doesn't make nor deny space and everything he does is excessively negative/backward. By far, he is the player I like the least in this squad and that is without considering who has played for in the past. He should be getting infinitely more questions asked of his performance on Saturday than many others, but I feel a lot more ire has been at Morgan.

With the weaker performances of Dobson/Clare, plus injuries/fitness concerns of the other players (old and new), then yes, he gets in the side. But in our best 11? Definitely not for me.
  • Options
    Mac

Matthews, Inniss, Famewo, Soare

Lee, Arter , Gilbey, Jaiyesimi

Leko, Stockley. 

Midfield looks weak to me .  
  • Options

To mix it up, I would be tempted to revert to a diamond. DJ and Kirk have been poor and Stockley encourages too many long balls. Not convinced by Dobson but has potential to do the donkey work and give the ball to someone who can play.

Big Mac
    Gunter Lavelle Famewo Soare
                    Dobson  
           Arter               Gilbey
                       Lee   
            Leko          Washington